View Full Version : The lethal combination of extremist islam and pashtunwali

Badlun
05-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Terrorism has been concentrated in Pashtun areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan, besides the Terrorism in Iraq, Srilanka, Colombia an dfew other places in the world. Pashtun areas present the worst scene. In Afghanistan 100 % suicide bombers and fighters against the Afghan and other forces are Pashtuns. In Pakistan they are almost 80%. Majority are Pashtun boys and girls too.

Why this is so? Its mostly because of the lethal combination of Pashtunwali and wahabi deobandi extremist islam. Two fires have been merged into a gigantic flame.

Pashtuns being sincere , simple, independent minded people and wahabi teachings of promulgation of sharia without state make a very dangrious mixture and threat to Afghanistan, Pakistan and the world at large.

I know that Terrorism is a multidiemnsional phenomenon. The lethal combination of Pashtunwali and extremist Islam is the major cause of terrorism -not the only cause - army , intelligence agencies , new world order, new great game, poverty, ignorance , illiteracy, misunderstanding of religious teachings , ethnicity, separatism, nationalism, sense of deprivation, aggravation, oppression ,economic or cultural disadvantage, non democracy, wrong globalization ,inferiority complex, etc can be other reasons.

For me in our context Pashtunwali+extremist Islam are the main reason of terrorism , suicide bombings etc.

Why???????? because its happening there , in Pashtun areas physically practically no where else ,,,,,,I personally know that these are Pakhtuns who explode themselves , very few from other races in Pakistan and Afghanistan ,,in Iraq yes they are Arabs etc , in Srilanka Tamils .

You might have heard the story that one judge arrested the man who was robbed instead of arresting the thief ,,,because the man provided the opportunity of theft to the thief ,,,,,,,,This is we Pakhtuns who let others to play with us ,we are suscitible ,,,,,,the fault lies with us that Arabs and Americans and Panjabis etc play with us ..Why we let them to do so ...Why they dont do it with others why with us only ,,,,,,,,,,

We have to dismantle the lethal combination of extremist Islam and Pakhtunwali ,,,,,,,,,otherwise Pakhtuns will suffer further and will be victimized.

Pakhtuns as a whole are not extremists .I use the word extremist for Islamists not for Pakhtuns and for me the mixture of Pakhtunwali and extremist Islam is lethal not Pakhtunwali separately or Islam as a religion separately. .

When Islam in the shape of extremism, fundamentalism, obscurantism , Puritanism , fanaticism, immoderation, zealotry, activism, intemperance, radicalism without moderation is merged with the innocence, sincerity , hospitality, honesty , genuineness, earnestness, naturalness, unexpectedness, authenticity and candor of Pakhtuns , then it becomes dangerous.

Here one may note that for me Pakhtunwali is positive , extremist Islam is negative , Pakhtunwali is a fertile soil for the weeds of extremist Islam where it flourishes with vigor.

The more Pakhtuns are less religious etremists , lesser will be the chances of terrorism. I always suggest that the best way to combat terrorism in Pakhtun areas is to make the Pakhtuns aware of their Pakhtunwali and to create distance between Pakhtuns and extremist Islam or any ideology because Pakhtuns are simple . sometimes simpleton or even stupid and are easily deceived and cheated by others

I have first hand experience of the observing extremist Islam in Pakhtuns and have enough knowledge of ground reality. The solution is to make Pakhtuns more practicing Pakhtuns and limit the religion only to metaphysical beliefs , worship and a kind of morality not interfering in social, political and other aspects of life.

Michin Khel
05-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Dear you cant separate or diminish islamic factor from pashtuns....islam and pashtunwali are like soul and body to each other.... Rather than excluding islam from our lives, understanding it in better way will help us in eliminating religous terrorism from us...

شمله ور خراساني
05-17-2010, 07:06 PM
6D7rWLzloOI

Azmatullah
05-17-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm not even gonna bother reading all that bull...

Badlun
05-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Dear you cant separate or diminish islamic factor from pashtuns....islam and pashtunwali are like soul and body to each other.... Rather than excluding islam from our lives, understanding it in better way will help us in eliminating religous terrorism from us...

I am not against Islam . I am againt extremism, obscurabtism, fanaticism and religious bigotory. Here in this thread my concern is about the combination of the Extremist Islam in the shape of Taliban, Salafism and Al Qaida and Pashtunwali. On this I wrote above which I copy here.

Pakhtuns as a whole are not extremists .I use the word extremist for Islamists not for Pakhtuns and for me the mixture of Pakhtunwali and extremist Islam is lethal not Pakhtunwali separately or Islam as a religion separately. .

When Islam in the shape of extremism, fundamentalism, obscurantism , Puritanism , fanaticism, immoderation, zealotry, activism, intemperance, radicalism without moderation is merged with the innocence, sincerity , hospitality, honesty , genuineness, earnestness, naturalness, unexpectedness, authenticity and candor of Pakhtuns , then it becomes dangerous.

Here one may note that for me Pakhtunwali is positive , extremist Islam is negative , Pakhtunwali is a fertile soil for the weeds of extremist Islam where it flourishes with vigor.

Badlun
06-13-2010, 06:50 PM
The religious extremism in Pashtuns can be minimized by making Pashtunwali and Pashtun nationalism and Pashtun culture and fine arts more dominant in Pashtun society

akbarkhan
06-13-2010, 08:49 PM
the religious extremism in pashtuns can be minimized by making pashtunwali and pashtun nationalism and pashtun culture and fine arts more dominant in pashtun society

lol

Millatpal Noorzai
06-13-2010, 09:08 PM

Your hatred for Islam is pretty clear from this Para.
All the negative aspects of Islam and all the goodies in Pashtunwali,,,1.6 Billion are fools to follow Islam, they should follow the Prophet of Pashtunwali "OSHO" coz innocence, sincerity , hospitality, honesty , genuineness, earnestness, naturalness, unexpectedness, authenticity and candor lies in his prophecy.

Badlun
06-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Your hatred for Islam is pretty clear from this Para.
All the negative aspects of Islam and all the goodies in Pashtunwali,,,1.6 Billion are fools to follow Islam, they should follow the Prophet of Pashtunwali "OSHO" coz innocence, sincerity , hospitality, honesty , genuineness, earnestness, naturalness, unexpectedness, authenticity and candor lies in his prophecy.

Please forget about for a while who is saying these words but just reply whether these are bad things or not

Religious-
extremism,
fundamentalism,
obscurantism ,
Puritanism ,
fanaticism,
immoderation,
zealotry,
intemperance,
radicalism without moderation

Khan Gul
06-14-2010, 12:02 AM
I disagree with Osho when he says "in Afghanistan 100 % suicide bombers and fighters against the Afghan and other forces are Pashtuns. In Pakistan they are almost 80%. Majority are Pashtun boys and girls too." And can you give us an example about the link between Pashtunwali and extremist Islam?

It is correct to say army , intelligence agencies , new world order, new great game...use Pukhtun areas for their filthy game but that Pukhtuns in any way are part of it is a big lie. Those Pukhtuns who were being slaughtered by the agencies in the disguise of Taliban and who out of desperation joined hands with the Talibans under duress are now the ones being haunted and killed.
And I personally don't see any similarity between Pashtunwali and Islam and that Pukhtuns are more religious than the other Muslims is an exaggeration.

Millatpal Noorzai
06-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Please forget about for a while who is saying these words but just reply whether these are bad things or not

Religious-
extremism,
fundamentalism,
obscurantism ,
Puritanism ,
fanaticism,
immoderation,
zealotry,
intemperance,
radicalism without moderation

These might exist amongst the Muslims or Muslim groups that advocate for Islam but are sure not part of ISLAM ITSELF.

You are criticizing Islam for what Muslims are doing which is illogical.

Abdali
06-14-2010, 12:54 AM
I disagree with Osho when he says "in Afghanistan 100 % suicide bombers and fighters against the Afghan and other forces are Pashtuns. In Pakistan they are almost 80%. Majority are Pashtun boys and girls too." And can you give us an example about the link between Pashtunwali and extremist Islam?

It is correct to say army , intelligence agencies , new world order, new great game...use Pukhtun areas for their filthy game but that Pukhtuns in any way are part of it is a big lie. Those Pukhtuns who were being slaughtered by the agencies in the disguise of Taliban and who out of desperation joined hands with the Talibans under duress are now the ones being haunted and killed.
And I personally don't see any similarity between Pashtunwali and Islam and that Pukhtuns are more religious than the other Muslims is an exaggeration.

Thoughtful responses like this one, Gives me hope.