View Full Version : ~Pashtu Lyrics/Translation/Song Request~

Agnes
09-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Hello everyone. My Afghani boyfriend loves this song and I asked him to translate it for me but he said it is too hard for him to do so because his English isn't very good. This song sounds very pretty but I wish I knew what he was singing. Thank you in advance for your help.

YouTube - Sta da stargo bala wakhlam - Farhad Darya (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxNwQ-IyJtU)

شمله ور خراساني
09-03-2010, 07:33 PM
it means: may I take the demons of your eyes.

شمله ور خراساني
09-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Sangar I think she wants the entire song translated.
I am not going to translate the whole song. Therefore I would have to listen to the song. Which is prohibited. And I cant do that.

IamDZJ
09-04-2010, 09:50 PM
It's a song which means nothing in English. There are no words or expressions in English that could translate to you what this song means.

Mayana
09-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Ok. I tried translating it. It has absolutely no meaning in English.
What he is singing about is that he wants to take away the 'demons' from his beloved's eyes. What that implies is that he wants to take away all the pain and fear from her because her eyes are red from crying. He wants to take all that upon himself because she is "the peace of his heart"; his inner peace depends on her well-being. If she is in pain or frightened, he can't be rest.
There is a theme of 'eyes' throughout the whole song, it's used as a metaphor for soul, heart, character, inner beauty etc. depending on the verse. It's a beautiful song that will lose all it's meaning when I try translating it :)

On a more interesting note, isn't it intriguing how a guy came here and claimed to be married to a Pashtun woman and everyone went nuts, and now this member tells us about her Pashtun boyfriend and nobody even cares? Audacity.

IamDZJ
09-05-2010, 12:07 AM
agnes you should ask him if he is with you because he is a hejra..he will be so impressed with you learning a little about his language.

Roshina
09-05-2010, 12:25 AM
On a more interesting note, isn't it intriguing how a guy came here and claimed to be married to a Pashtun woman and everyone went nuts, and now this member tells us about her Pashtun boyfriend and nobody even cares? Audacity.

I'm glad you observed the same thing! ;) Wife and boyfriend. And then these same folks come and tell us that Pukhtuns/Afghans don't have "boyfriends" -- sure they do; they're just not allowed to, we're told.

Yeah, apparently, a Pukhtun MAN can marry a non-Pukhtun woman, but a Pukhtun WOMAN can't marry a non-Pukhtun man :| And it's not just that she can't marry someone outside her ethnicity: she can't marry anyone outsider her religion, either, although the guy can.

Double-standard much? Oh, hell yes. I also consider it hypocrisy, but that's another debate for another time.

Mayana
09-05-2010, 12:36 AM
I understand its not fair or what ever you call it but Qrratugai the minute a Pashtana marrys a non-Pashtun there goes the Pashtunwali and the claim over being a Pashtun.

If a Hazara marrys a Pashtana the children are not Pashtun.

Yeah, because a Pashtun's children with a Chinese woman that don't even understand or know how to spell 'Pashto' are hella Pashtun, right.
A Hazara is more Afghan than any of those Monafeqs that lock their sisters in their house and marry/date Polish and Mexican women ever will be.

I hate this double-standard.

If this truly were about Ghairat all these hypocritical men wouldn't be considering non-Pashtuns/ non-Afghans as their wives either. Why is it that some of our men worship women from different nations and treat us like subhumans?

Roshina
09-05-2010, 12:41 AM
I understand its not fair or what ever you call it but Qrratugai the minute a Pashtana marrys a non-Pashtun there goes the Pashtunwali and the claim over being a Pashtun.

If a Hazara marrys a Pashtana the children are not Pashtun.

Yeah, I'm aware that this is the typical opinion. But if you think about, it's untrue and doesn't make sense at all: who decides they're not Pukhtun just because their mother is not Pukhtun? And, um, actually, the children still have half Pukhtun blood and half Hazara blood, do they not? It's the exact same case when a man marries a non-Pukhtun woman: The children are half Pukhtun and half something else.

The thing is, we expect our women to marry within our culture, but what if the other side, the other culture that our men marry into, want the same for their women? Why this double standard? You know what I mean?

I call it unfair, but I don't think there's yet any word that really expresses my opinion about this -- which is that it's more than unfair.

Roshina
09-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Yeah, because a Pashtun's children with a Chinese woman that don't even understand know how to spell 'Pashto' are hella Pashtun, right.
A Hazara is more Afghan than any of those Monafeqs that lock their sisters in their house and marry Polish and Mexican women ever will be.

I hate this double-standard.

If this truly were about Ghairat all these hypocritical men wouldn't be considering non-Pashtuns/ non-Afghans as their wives either. Why is it that some of our men worship women from different nations and treat us like subhumans?

Exactly my thoughts, girl.

Levanaye Zalmaye
09-05-2010, 12:55 AM
The problem is that Pashtun ancestry is considered from the father's side. The son of an Afridi father and a Eusupzai mother will be considered an Afridi. Similarly, the son of a Pasthtun father and a non-Pashtun mother will be considered a Pashtun (who will 'inherit' his father's -khel, tribe, wife-beating miswaak, etc). However, if a Punjabi marries a Pashtana, their children will never be accepted as Pashtuns by the Pashtun society in general because, among other reasons, they will inherit their father's Bhattiness and Khokarness.

This doesn't mean I'm condoning the fact that Admin Khan has an 18 year old Russian supermodel girlfriend. Actually, he doesn't. Sorry, Admin! The main problem is language. In many marriages where the wife doesn't speak Pashto, the children don't speak it either.

Roshina
09-05-2010, 01:01 AM
^ Yeah. Such is the sad state of patriarchal (sorry, I mean patrilineal) societies. ~sighs~

Roshina
09-05-2010, 01:02 AM
In many marriages where the wife doesn't speak Pashto, the children don't speak it either.

Exactly! So you'd think that the Pashtun WOMAN would be allowed to marry a non-Pashtun man, since she's the one who passes on the culture and religion and other values more than the husband.

But, really, it's more about power and dominance than about anything else.

Mayana
09-05-2010, 02:36 AM
The problem is that Pashtun ancestry is considered from the father's side. The son of an Afridi father and a Eusupzai mother will be considered an Afridi. Similarly, the son of a Pasthtun father and a non-Pashtun mother will be considered a Pashtun (who will 'inherit' his father's -khel, tribe, wife-beating miswaak, etc). However, if a Punjabi marries a Pashtana, their children will never be accepted as Pashtuns by the Pashtun society in general because, among other reasons, they will inherit their father's Bhattiness and Khokarness.

This doesn't mean I'm condoning the fact that Admin Khan has an 18 year old Russian supermodel girlfriend. Actually, he doesn't. Sorry, Admin! The main problem is language. In many marriages where the wife doesn't speak Pashto, the children don't speak it either.

Meh. I'm aware of that, I mean, hell, inheriting my father's -khel even applies to me!
But what really annoys me is that some men argue that it's a Ghairat issue and that it breaks the Pashtun blood line blah blah blah. I agree, our society is patri-lineal. But if those men truly were interested in Afghan/Pashtun heritage and the inheritance thereof, they wouldn't risk their children becoming whitewashed Pashtuns by name only by marrying Polish/Chinese/Mexican women and then still having the audacity to perpetrate Pashtun Nationalism and refuse to "give" their sisters.. or even daughters (!!) to Non-Pashtuns. It's a morbid double-standard.

Viewing as you usually speak what your mother speaks (ahem mother tongue ahem), I say we follow the Jewish codex that states that you are whatever your mother is. :running:

Roshina
09-05-2010, 03:12 PM
^ I absolutely agree, Mayana.

And do you realize what it even MEANS that you are whatever your father is? (Not just your ethnicity but your religion as well.) Think about it -- it means the mother has no identity. What's worse, in many cultures, the poor mother even takes on the name of her husband after marriage, as if she has no name, no identity of her own to bring to the marriage.

I mean, you'd think that a Yusufzai woman becomes a Durrani if she marries a Durrani or something. Um, no, that can't happen; you can't change your bloodline just like that. And the kids are no doubt both Durrani and Yusufzai, regardless of our claim that they're only the father's.

This is what impresses me about Mexicans: The children are recognized as both the mother's AND the father's, not just the father's; and they therefore have two last names where the mother's one comes first :woot:

Hah, we've gone so off topic we should prolly move these to a new thread, lol. No?

Feroz Afridi
09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
YouTube - Awal Mir Sta Di Stargo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zfwqLYn248)

سلامونه

زما لۀ خوا په دې نظم تبصره دا ده چې دا د افغانستان د راډيو پخوانې رئيس شهيد سيلاب ساپي نظم دے چې په هغه وخت خدائي پاک ورله د اکبر پورې يو هنرمند او د استاذ ګلستان شاګرد ښاغلې استاذ اول مير په لاس ورکړې وو چې د افغانستان راډيو ته ئې کلاسيک طرزونه او سندرې وربخښلې دي۔
دا نظم که بل هر څوک د موجود طرز پرته اوائي هيڅ مزه به ئې نه وي ۔
ځکه په اول مير استاذ د اعلي پاې هرمند وو او په هغه پسې هر يو هنر مند هم د هغه په طرز کښې وئيلې دے چې ډير د سوزه او ګدازه ډکه نغمه ترې سازه شوې ده

په فني او د خيال په لحاظ نظم متوسط دے نه ډير ښۀ دے او نه ډير بد۔
د دې نه ښۀ نظمونه په پښتو ادب کښې شته خو د اول مير استاذ طرز ورله د کومه راوړو۔؟

blondetastic
11-25-2010, 11:41 PM
YouTube - Sediq Shabab - Laila Dera Shaysta Da (offcial music video) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzOdXh2HgH0&feature=related)[/URL]

i think its an amazing song, i cant stop listening to it

but i wish i could know what he is singing exactly, can someone help me with translation of the lyrics?

thanks

Fahd
11-26-2010, 10:54 AM
i would help u but i also can't understand him :P LOLz

i like this song and those two mybe brothers ?? LOLz they sing the same sound

YouTube - Taher Shubab " Yara Sta " Music : www.myspace.com/rashedatash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJY6oI47gc8&feature=related)

love how they do attan lol
[/URL]

rubberduck
11-26-2010, 03:14 PM
thanks but i would like to get full lyrics if possible

Laila dera khaista da, arrawolay ye orbal day
Wallah da kho sada da, arrawolay ye orbal day

Ma wayal tso Bangri de kam di
Da wayal dak me ka ra Lasoona
Ma wayal cishi derta jorr kom
Da wayal jorr ka Taweezoona
Ma wayal kha ogai pa tso da
Wo de wayal, nah, khwakh me de aikal day

Da wayal kella ze bazaar ta
Ma wayal tsa khoshaye Zaan ta
Da wayal tor Kameez me khwakh de
Ma wayal za che zu Dukaan ta
Ma wayal sheen Tokray pa tso de
Da wayal na, Rang ye badal da

Da wayal tsok ye che ragorreh
Ma wayal raghlom sta Mahal ta
Da wayal chishi di raworri
Ma wayal Tik mi sta Orbal ta
Da wayal soor Shaal ba pa sarr krem
Ma wayal Orr rabandi bal de

Fahd
11-26-2010, 03:18 PM

Ma wayal tso Bangri de kam di
Da wayal dak me ka ra Lasoona
Ma wayal cishi derta jorr kom
Da wayal jorr ka Taweezoona
Ma wayal kha ogai pa tso da
Wo de wayal, nah, khwakh me de aikal day

Da wayal kella ze bazaar ta
Ma wayal tsa khoshaye Zaan ta
Da wayal tor Kameez me khwakh de
Ma wayal za che zu Dukaan ta
Ma wayal sheen Tokray pa tso de
Da wayal na, Rang ye badal da

Da wayal tsok ye che ragorreh
Ma wayal raghlom sta Mahal ta
Da wayal chishi di raworri
Ma wayal Tik mi sta Orbal ta
Da wayal soor Shaal ba pa sarr krem
Ma wayal Orr rabandi bal de

i think she can't talk pashtu
can u translate it to english lol

rubberduck
11-26-2010, 03:33 PM
i think she can't talk pashtu
can u translate it to english lol

She wants to learn Pashto, nows her chance :devilish:

Fahd
11-26-2010, 03:38 PM
She wants to learn Pashto, nows her chance :devilish:
hahaahhahah how can she learn like that
u r severe hahahaha
lol just she will ask again for translate ;) lol

Nora
11-26-2010, 03:53 PM
oh my lover, on ur cheek's there is someone's love, that's my pure love the fact shown,
(sargand, not sure what it means lol )

i said, to be my freind, she said come to my village, i said my love won't be secret anymore, she said that's colour of love

lol
::rolleyes::

blondetastic
11-28-2010, 05:30 AM
i would help u but i also can't understand him :P LOLz

i like this song and those two mybe brothers ?? LOLz they sing the same sound

YouTube - Taher Shubab " Yara Sta " Music : www.myspace.com/rashedatash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJY6oI47gc8&feature=related)[/URL]

love how they do attan lol
[/URL]

maybe only from different mothers...but thanks, thats my favorite song as well

Fahd
11-28-2010, 04:43 PM
maybe only from different mothers...but thanks, thats my favorite song as well
ok i found they are brothers hahahha
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sediq_Shubab (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sediq_Shubab)
hmm don't think diffrent mothers , they looks like brothers
oh i knew that u like the song :P

hmmm this also grt song for Najib Haqparast
song name : Paroon na malumedi
it's about u miss someone :P lolz
YouTube - Nice Afghan-Pashto Qawwali Song by Haqparast, Paroon na malumedi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EoXFGjBdLE)[/URL]

also hope u like this song :P its great sooong ;)
YouTube - najeeb haqparst ye zamz yara pah kabul jan waya salam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSm0osfJ8SA)

blondetastic
12-12-2010, 09:10 PM

can someone translate these two sentences (word by word)

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeeee

blondetastic
12-12-2010, 09:18 PM
ok i found they are brothers hahahha
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sediq_Shubab (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sediq_Shubab)
hmm don't think diffrent mothers , they looks like brothers
oh i knew that u like the song :P

hmmm this also grt song for Najib Haqparast
song name : Paroon na malumedi
it's about u miss someone :P lolz
YouTube - Nice Afghan-Pashto Qawwali Song by Haqparast, Paroon na malumedi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EoXFGjBdLE)[/URL]

also hope u like this song :P its great sooong ;)
YouTube - najeeb haqparst ye zamz yara pah kabul jan waya salam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSm0osfJ8SA)

thanks, i LOVE these, now I have one more favorite singer, its funny how he waves his hand all the time...i wonder why such singers always have long hair, is it pashtun tradition?

the second song reminded me of farhad darya song afghaniston solom, he was also waving his hand in similar fashion all the time

Ashiq
12-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Dear members,

Assalamu Alaikum

I wish to post some video clips of some Pashtu music that sound nice to me, I would like it if someone could transcribe them for me and translate them.

Thank you, in advance.

Wassalam

Ashiq
12-15-2010, 01:51 PM
YouTube - AFGHAN MUSIC LATIF NANGARHARI NEW SONG Afghanistan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uHuaxAOZQU)

IamDZJ
12-15-2010, 09:48 PM
ummm...don't you think you are asking for a bit too much??? :unsure:

Ashiq
12-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Yes, you are right. I thought of that when I opened the thread. But since I want to learn Pashtu, I thought I might create this thread and it might be useful to others as well.

Zakiah
01-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Salaam dear PF members, I really like this song, i can understand few words from the song, but not all of it. would really appreciate if someone could translate this song. deera manana. :)

rbzMrp_-yVk&feature=related

Zakiah
01-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Some lazy people in here..come on folks! I need this urgently...its about someones feelings.

Digital Malang
01-24-2011, 07:27 PM
It basically means that girls are heartless.

IamDZJ
01-24-2011, 08:51 PM
mefarmaya..

akher chura bewafa shudi
ba chi gap az ma juda shudi

ma kho zindagema ba namit kadum (shut up! it's not laghmani dari!....it's jilalabati...a bit different that laghmani..:tongue:)
tu rafti as kas dega shudi..

teng teng teng....:lal10:

repeating the above....

az ma chi khata ya gunah sar zada bud..
bedun e tu ma ki dashtun, zindagema ba namit bud...blah blah blah

chiqa uzr o zari kadom kati ashkaim
tu natars mara deeda mara deeda mekhandi (if my father finds out how bad my dari is, he will kill me)
sa sho sta hagha lawzoona---i don't know what lawzona is in dari..:cryy:
kuja shud o nazaaye bemanayet??

lahawli walah..you know what umar, jazba, and wafa means..
aftaw e degarii zimistani budi
da pushti koh gum shudi Uqa zood

dewane eshq e tu shudom
as tu shudom az khud gum shudom
tu gulab e zindagema shudi
ama da zindage tu ma ahmiyat e yak khaar a paida kadum
ma ba dua amadum tu zalim ba badua mekuni
baaz etu kas nakhat bud
ki misle qais wari tura az khud kona
ghamaye tura sar khud ambar kona
khud a khak wa tura gul besaza
kodam roz arman khaad kadi
khair, imroz ki harqadar ba pusht rafti

:tongue:

Digital Malang
01-24-2011, 08:56 PM
You did a good job but he asked you to translate it in English.

IamDZJ
01-24-2011, 09:04 PM
zakiha is a female name. i have a feeling she would understand it in dari. i can't translate that in to english and not lose it's lyrical umm stuff..it will be too tough.. not that i did anything magical to it in dari but at least sharem ye taso sara khuwandi dey.. :runaround:

Digital Malang
01-24-2011, 09:15 PM
It's not zakiha, it's zakiah.

Zakiah
01-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Deera manana DZJ! The point was for me to understand the lyrics, now I do..

One gets my gender wrong, the other gets my name wrong...I really need to hang round PF more often. :banghead:

IamDZJ
03-01-2011, 11:22 PM
it's a pashto song by rahim ghamzada i think..
"za yaar da watan yam watan yar zma" i used to have the mp3 version in my previous laptop but since that is trashed now and i can't remember where i got it from i would appreciate either a video or audio version of it. thank you.

and you can requests pashto songs here in future..

Admin Khan
03-03-2011, 12:45 AM
YouTube - Ze Yaar De Watan Yam Watan Yaar zema (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQGVI3iOPrk&playnext=1&list=PL2B1E855F9A8BD364)

Yousafzai Pakhtun
03-03-2011, 01:02 AM
I am looking for "Maa na jaanan ghokhtey sporo sanho ta guloona pasarliya, charta kho zamoong kali ta humm raa pekha ukra" Sayil saibs kalaam sung by "Gulzar Alam".....

Can anybody help????

Nokia_Apridy
03-03-2011, 03:14 AM
Wakhla Zargeya sa ba yad laray..

YouTube - Gulzar Alam Ma Na Janan Ghukhti (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9vXGv7sotE)

Nokia_Apridy
03-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Awo da hem wakhla pa RABOB ka ..

YouTube - Rabab - Ma na Janan ghukhti sporo sano ta golona (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hojX0sE2y4k&feature=related)

Yousafzai Pakhtun
03-03-2011, 03:41 AM
Yak jahan tashakur Nokia jon!

Nokia_Apridy
03-03-2011, 03:44 AM
koja merey watan aziz ...

chay sa mtlab ya shu ....papapapa...da nway khanda shtyle

graveyardofempires
03-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Nokia
da de rabab video der khe dey
manena ,manema

IamDZJ
03-03-2011, 07:48 AM
YouTube - Ze Yaar De Watan Yam Watan Yaar zema (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQGVI3iOPrk&playnext=1&list=PL2B1E855F9A8BD364)

so this is why i couldn't find it. this man is not gul zaman...i had him confused with gul zaman. thank you so much admin khan.

afghan
03-07-2011, 01:52 PM
looking for a very old pashto song cannt get it outa my mind since a very long time. the song is La Beltana sara me jang dey......... cant remember the rest.

Nokia_Apridy
03-07-2011, 02:26 PM
cha welay do ?

afghan
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
na da rata malooma nokia khana wrora.

Niazi
03-25-2011, 08:28 PM
There's a song sang by Haroon bacha used be on u tube but no more the song start like this(meena de Orr de lambai Kram ma swazawee) if anyone got share Please .

Digital Malang
03-25-2011, 08:34 PM
YouTube - Haroon Bacha - Halta hum za mram (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j74ZYLdNbGc)

Niazi
03-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Tfs but this is not the I'm looking for,the one I'm all about is I think a ghazal by Hamza Or ghani khan.

IamDZJ
04-22-2011, 01:11 PM
YouTube - New saif jan pashto song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZapo5WxumM)

Notorious Pashtana
04-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Naghma has sung Ashna Kamees, don't know if she's the first or not.

Notorious Pashtana
04-23-2011, 02:43 PM
woopsie

IamDZJ
04-23-2011, 02:56 PM
whatever...they were both talking about shna khaloona and some sort of kamees.

sabr
04-28-2011, 03:29 AM
SalaamAlaikum

Am after some mast/new pashto songs - preferably Kandahari pashto songs.

Would appreciate any reccomendations

Notorious Pashtana
04-28-2011, 03:54 AM
http://www.pashtunforums.com/entertainment-14/pashtu-music-downloads-2947/ (http://www.pashtunforums.com/entertainment-14/pashtu-music-downloads-2947/)

Janana
04-28-2011, 04:06 AM
Pashto Saaz - The #1 Pashto Music Website (http://www.pashtosaaz.com/)
PashtoMP3.com (http://pashtomp3.com/)
RaagRang.com (http://www.raagrang.com/)

These three are my favourite, hope this helps!
(http://www.pashtosaaz.com/)

khashayar
04-28-2011, 05:27 AM
DEhZ13QvZlg

lol

IamDZJ
06-01-2011, 07:52 AM
zma chinar chinar janana by baryalai samadi please

Digital Malang
06-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Pa dwarho stargo.......wakhlaa

PashtoMP3.com | Pashto Music, Get the Best and latest Pashto songs (http://www.pashtomp3.com/r-baryale-samadee-23-umeedona-176-zama-chinar-chinar-janana-1294.htm)

Maze kawaa :smile1:

IamDZJ
06-01-2011, 08:22 PM
^ thank you. may you never run out of charge.

IamDZJ
07-04-2011, 04:49 AM
Gulzaar Alam song

bia ma pa zra rawareda lewanay
biga ma dera yadeeda lewanay

storo khandal, za wom salgo newalai
na hereda, na hereda lewanay

laka lamba ma d ehsaas pa kalay
kha ma leeda chi khpareda lewanai

d zra khabara ye kawolai na shwa
d khpala zaana sharmeda lewanai

laiqa ma worsara hum wojaral
chi pa salgo ki jaareda lewanai

graveyardofempires
07-04-2011, 08:08 AM
im looking for this song "da de pukhtun kor dey ,dekey de pukhtun bachyan osegey,gird chapera woor dey ,dey ke de pukhtun bachyan swazegey"

ive found one on youtube but that is not the right one,i think its by gulzar alam.