View Full Version : Pashtuns in Pakistan's Military

PakistaniSoilder
05-17-2010, 05:01 AM
The 11 chiefs of the Pakistan army, four have been Pashtuns (Generals Ayub Khan, Yahya Khan, Gul Hasan Khan and Waheed Kakar), leading the institution for a total of 18 years (Dawn, October 13).

Two of them imposed martial law and remained presidents of Pakistan. Ayub Khan, the first Pakistani commander-in-chief of the army, remained at the helm of affairs for eight years as army chief (1951-58) and an additional 11 years as head of the country (1958-69) (Dawn, October 13).

Ayub Khan also promoted himself to field marshal in 1965 and is credited with developing the army into one of the most resourceful and powerful institutions in Pakistan. If it is any indicator of his legacy, his hand-painted portrait can often be seen on the back of the trucks driving from one side of the country to the other—as the transport business overwhelming is in the hands of the Pashtuns.

Within the ranks, Pashtuns are known for their marksmanship, courage and loyalty. Although there are no all-Pashtun regiments, and only one corps of the nine total is headquartered in NWFP, many important training centers for soldiers (Peshawar, Nowshera, Mardan) and the only military training academy for officers (Kakul) are located in the NWFP.

High ranking Pushtun Officers:

-Air Chief Marshal Abbas Khattak (Ex Chief Pakistan Air Force)
-Major General Akbar Khan
-Lieutenant General (retd) Sahabzada Yaqub Ali Khan Pakistans Top Diplomat During 80's after retirement.
-General Ehsan ul Haq EX DG ISI, EX CJCOSC.
-Lieutenant General Khwaja Mohammad Azhar Khan
-General Abdul Hamid Khan EX COS
-General Akhtar Abdur Rahman Ex DG ISI EX CJCOSC 4 Star General
-Lt General Ali Kuli Khan EX Chief of General Staff
-General Rahimuddin Khan Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee from 1984 until his retirement in 1987. longest-serving Governor of Balochistan
-Major General Tariq Khan Inspector General FC
-Lieutenant General Asad Durrani, a former head of the country's Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) agency
-AC Muradk (PAF Pushtun officer)

-Karnal Sher Khan (1970–1999) was a Pakistani Army officer and one of only 10 recipients of Pakistan's highest gallantry award, the Nishan-e-Haider. He was a Captain in the 12 Northern Light Infantry (NLI) and, previously in 27 Sindh Regiment of the Pakistan.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/Flag_of_the_Pakistani_Army.svg/324px-Flag_of_the_Pakistani_Army.svg.png

BLS_1919v2.0
05-17-2010, 05:08 AM
Yahya khan wasn`t pashtun, he was qizalbash. Ayub khan is a oppurtunist pashtun like his son. Whenever they need pashtuns, they are pashtun tareens. Now, when that son Gohar is a part of the hazara province movement, he forgot his pashto.

MazloomyarMaseed
05-17-2010, 05:22 AM
But can he tell us what have these so called Pakistani officers done for Pashtuns besides living most probably in Punjab?

pekhawar
05-17-2010, 06:52 PM
LMaOOOOOOOO

those aren't Pukhtuns wthh?

What's next? Pervez Besharraf was also Pukhtun?

Altaf Hussain is Also Pukhtun?

oh my.....we have alot to teach you.

Nick
05-18-2010, 02:16 AM
LMaOOOOOOOO

those aren't Pukhtuns wthh?

What's next? Pervez Besharraf was also Pukhtun?

Altaf Hussain is Also Pukhtun?

oh my.....we have alot to teach you.
Actually some time ago, and this is true, google my name and look for Busharaf, LOL this Pak*i Dude from no-where entered our forum, and openly claimed that he was Pashtun by many generations and so was Musharaf. LOL I was not the only one cracking everyone was laughing because he brought up some weird stuff to show how he was pashtun and how Musharaf was a true Pashtun trying to hire Pashtuns in the military etc etc. Yep Its amazing that things you find out there published by Pak*is, I mean shocking statistics, shocking claims and so many theories, that actually makes you puke on them.

PakistaniSoilder
05-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Actually some time ago, and this is true, google my name and look for Busharaf, LOL this Pak*i Dude from no-where entered our forum, and openly claimed that he was Pashtun by many generations and so was Musharaf. LOL I was not the only one cracking everyone was laughing because he brought up some weird stuff to show how he was pashtun and how Musharaf was a true Pashtun trying to hire Pashtuns in the military etc etc. Yep Its amazing that things you find out there published by Pak*is, I mean shocking statistics, shocking claims and so many theories, that actually makes you puke on them.

You are an Indian.

I know there are some Indians on this forum disguising as Pashtuns.

See here HandsomePashtun how shall I argue with this utter foolishness?

Nick
05-18-2010, 02:24 AM
^You seem very well educated. How do you know so much about this?

This girl left you a message on your profile. I am curious in the same question..

Educated? thanks but not really, I mean Education never stop regardless to how much you study, the more you know the more trusty you get. I personally think this gift of Allah is amazing, and the most amazing part is memorizing, something which I am good at. I don't fall often because i take care to where I step.

well that same Question, I tell you what.
You go ahead and I will start. I have been famous for it and many pak*is hates me for it. So what you say?

PakistaniSoilder
05-18-2010, 02:27 AM
^^
You are definately not Pashtun. You are an Indian.

Nick
05-18-2010, 02:29 AM
You are an Indian.

I know there are some Indians on this forum disguising as Pashtuns.

See here HandsomePashtun how shall I argue with this utter foolishness?
Just because you saw some-one knowing about Pakistan more then a Pakistani you consider them "Indian". Nope I am not surprised, because this is one thing you pa*kis are good at Making Hindu vs Muslim case.

Just to piss you off I would love to say YES.
But actually I made my introduction. You want to read, go ahead, But I tell you what I am very nasty when it comes to facts. I am also very picky sometimes. Now in my old age I tend to be relaxed.

PakistaniSoilder
05-18-2010, 02:35 AM
I will take your challenge whatever it may be. And I will argue with the Wahabbi Nick too but its just sheer stupidity that he is denying that those in the Pakistani Military are not Pashtun. He is spreading incorrect propaganda and you can't argue with a propaganda machine.

PakistaniSoilder
05-18-2010, 02:41 AM
I'll do it myself.

Are you from Pakistan or Afghanistan?

PakistaniSoilder
05-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Just because you saw some-one knowing about Pakistan more then a Pakistani you consider them "Indian". Nope I am not surprised, because this is one think you pa*kis are good at Making Hindu vs Muslim case.

Just to piss you off I would love to say YES.
But actually I made my introduction. You want to read, go ahead, But I tell you what I am very nasty when it comes to facts. I am also very picky sometimes. Now in my old age I tend to be relaxed.

I don't understand how you have wi-fi access from caves? What does your leader Mullah Omar have to say about this?

PakistaniSoilder
05-18-2010, 03:30 AM
I am a proud ethnic Afghan.

I dont think you can handle 3-5 people yourself, Please call for some back up. Im planning to bring in some serious users, There will be certain rules set and it will be in a separate thread. It will be a thread based on our understanding, and how legitiment your Govt is, or your country.

You can not handle it alone, I am sure you have people you look up to like I said, I know your from another forums, Pick and choose a few EDUCATED members who are good in politics and we can discuss.

Do not under-estimate Nick, He's probably the most intelligent person you have met. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Are you serious, you are going to argue how legitimate our government is? You must be kidding. We are the most powerful Islamic Nation on this planet.

Ok here let me sum it up for you,

In 1946 Pashtuns voted to join Pakistan by a majority.

The Afghans are stone age idiots who do not recognize this. Since Pakistan was created you Afghans were against Pakistan. You people voted against Pakistan to join the U.N. you people did everything against Pakistan. You could not accept the fact that your own Pashtuns wanted to leave the prehistoric Afghanistan and join a state that had a chance to progress.

You still hate us yet the Pashtun areas are constantly flooded with Pashtuns from the Afghan side to live on Pakistan side for a better life. How hypocritical.

Even the Afghans who migrated over knew the Afghans in Afghanistan are **** ups and have no real intelligence and will never progress thats why you people come to Pakistan. You people needed somebody with brains to help you live and that is us Punjabis.

Your tribes were constantly at war with each other. You had a civil war, 3 milion afghans killed each other off.

The Taliban was the only real order you people had albeit created by ISI AND CIA AND K.S.A. it was needed for you barbarians who were killing each other in Afghanistan.

Face it this is how you people are. Now some of you idiots are becoming educated you are now realizing how you people are **** ups and want to blame Pakistan your own stupidity.

The ISI and CIA did not incite the Soviets to invade Afghanistan, your leader was pro-communist and wanted them to invade, we knew this as well as the U.S.A. thats why we created the Mujahideen to save yourselfs because as it is obvious you people cannot think for yourselfs and not realize this.

After the Soviets left the U.S.A. ceased any support for Pakistan and we were left to create a government in Afghanistan. This is where the Taliban comes in. Your people YOUR TRIBAL ELDERS supported the creation of the Taliban. The ISI didn't force this upon you.

The Taliban established the only real sense of government/order that Afghanistan ever had. The Taliban creation no matter how brutal it had become was supported and enforced by your Tribal Elders since its inception.. You may argue some other nonsense but you will be lying and are hiding from the facts.

Now you hate the Punjabis and Pakistan because we could not figure out a better way to create order for your idiots and this was the only way that would work and was supported by your Tribal Elders.

Afghanistan was created 263 years ago and since the 263 years you idiot Afghans have done nothing to make yourselfs a better life.

The Pashtun Tribal elders in West Pakistan wanted to self govern. These people had such a stone age thinking they did not want to integrate with the modern world and advance. Now they are realizing they ****ed up and made a mistake and want to blame it on Pakistan/Punjaibs to save face. We can't help if we Punjabis are smarter than you idiots, you ****ing Pashtuns and Afghans need to analyze your own faults accept responsibility for what you have become.

Now all your foolishness that had happened it is Pakistan's fault.
Its Pakistan's fault for trying to create order for you simple minded idots. None of it is your Afghan/Pashtuns fault. How ****ing stupid.

Admin Khan
05-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Wooh buddy, as much as I encourage discussions, You got to watch your mouth, insulting and disrespecting members or an entire country and ethnic group is not what this community is about. If you can't offer logical reasoning or if all your going to do is curse, you might as well not post at all. You are a member of this community, our PF community members expect you to live up to its standards and quality.

Nevertheless, If you want to debate that's fine, but if that's the way you choose to debate, by cursing after every few sentences, Expect repercussions of your actions. Easy pal,easy.

AnGaaR
05-18-2010, 03:53 AM
Genghis Khan was pashtoon too.. Right mr pakistani?

AnGaaR
05-18-2010, 03:54 AM
In Pakistan everything deals with bribes. Every institution you name is corrupt. Even schools deal with bribesMakawa chei da maraz monga ta ham transfer shawai da.. os Afghanistan kai ham bribe dasai khorei laka Dodaii:woot:

PakistaniSoilder
05-18-2010, 04:19 AM
In 1947 after the partition we Pakistanis inherited the poorest part of the land. We had nothing but a textile factory in Punjab which the Hindu who owned it burned it before he left for India. We had nothing.

Look where we are at today. 63 years later only 63 years we have become the most powerful Islamic nation in this world. We are a nuclear power. We have co-designed a fighter jet with the Chinese the JF-17. We have the best fighter pilots of all the Islamic nations. We are here to stay. In the next 100 years we are going to be a world superpower and you Afghans will be nothing.

None of the hate you people spread is going to be the downfall of us. We Punjabis too have endured brutal occupations over the thousand years of our history. We have surived it and risen above it. We don't cry about it and blame other people and we will handle you people too.

Look at the Arabs they have had their land for over a thousand years and they are not as powerful as us. They cannot even pump oil out of the ground the West has to come and do it. They come to us to train their military, they ask us to protect the Kabba, we have to fly their planes and fight against the Israelis and we did not lose 1 plane and shot down quite a few Israeli planes. That is how smart we are and this is against the Jews who are one of the smartest people on this planet. You will not ridicule Pakistan or us Punjabis.

We have made mistakes but everyone makes mistakes, we acknowledge our mistakes but you Pashtuns/Afghans do not want to accept responsibility for your actions. You will respect us. The majority of Pashtuns in Pakistan are loyal Pakistanis and respect us. And we respect them too.

You minority Pashtuns and Afghan who are trying to spread hate against Pakistan/Punjabis are selfless losers and we continue to endure your hate and provide aid to you in Afghanistan.

We have friends we don't need you, we have the Turks who will stand by our side every step of the way no matter what we do. The Arabs will always support us. When we developed and tested our nukes in 98 they gave us 50,000 free barrels of oil per day and cash cash to help us deal with the sanctions and you people were sitting in caves. They have given us enormous support during the earthquake along with the UAE and surprisingly enough so has Israel now they recognize that we are a nation to recoken with.
The Chinese will always stand by our side as it as been seen since 1947
We have a nuclear deal with chinese to get nuclear reactors to help with our energy crisis
The U.S.A. has always supported us and despite your hate for them they have been there for us since day 1 barring some disputes over our nuclear program. We get weapons form them, jets all advanced technology. Pakistan is a Major non-NATO ally, just like Israel something that Afghanistan will never be. We are on the world stage now.

We have the most troops in the U.N. and we have the most troops deployed with the U.N. for peace keeping missons to help others.

Not one nation has ever supported Afghanistan on a serious level except the Hindus. And don't be stupid that they are doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, they are doing it only for a strategic interest to harm Pakistan. We will deal with them too. We will never fall.

You can ridicule us that the Indians have beat us in wars but you are full of it. They are a bigger nation with 1.3 BILLION citizens we only have 170 million and we stood up to them. We have faught 3 wars with India - 1948, 1965 and 1971. Barring 1971 (which occurred while a civil war, assisted by India, was raging in East Pakistan), no war has resulted in a decisive victory for either side.

We Pakistanis can go to Turkey and the citizens on the ground including the government will show us hospitatility that is unheard of. You Afghans are looked down upon and when you go anywhere will not get any respect because you have not acheived anything in your 263 years of existance.

We don't need you and if it is necessary we will nuke you off the face of the Earth.

AnGaaR
05-18-2010, 04:25 AM
LOL
u got most of ur iron,aluminium,precious and semi precious stones and lots of other things from Afghanistan...
Oh and UN helped you alot because they thought you will feed the Afghan immigrants, but u sold it or spent it for urself.
in 63 yrs or lets say 55 yrs how come u stood on ur feet and made Nuclear?

1. u suck ur own ppl's blood
2. u suck Afghan blood
3. u suck kashmir blood
4. u suck baloch blood
5. Your country is # 1 in the world in getting charity from Saudi arabia,America,Europe and UN.
Khairat kai paison sai nuclear bana chukai ho, koi fakhr kei batt nahi hai ..
dont be proud of ur nuclear caz most of ur country remains dark for weeks caz u have lack of power, water, gas and even food.

lots of stuff to say.. leme get back to u dude

PakistaniSoilder
05-18-2010, 05:13 AM
You can't fight for yourselfs. All you do is rely on terrorism. Your Pashtun tried to kill innocent people in the U.S.A. and now he will suffer the rest of his pathetic life.

1.) You people are the suicide bombers in Pakistan, you just love putting the suicide vests on and blowing yourselfs up so you can kill God's children.
2.) You people fight then run like cowards and then take shelter behind children, schools, random houses
3.) You terrorists kill innocent people and are going to go to hell, there will be no virgins just the Devil
4.) You endorse Wahhabism.
5.) You do not let your girls go to school, advancement for you is a sin
6.) You cause misery for innocent Pashtuns.
7.) You are the most hated race on Earth.

AnGaaR
05-18-2010, 05:28 AM
You can't fight for yourselfs. All you do is rely on terrorism. Your Pashtun tried to kill innocent people in the U.S.A. and now he will suffer the rest of his pathetic life.

1.) You people are the suicide bombers in Pakistan, you just love putting the suicide vests on, and killing God's children.
2.) You people fight then run like cowards and then take shelter behind children and in schools
3.) You terrorists kill innocent people and are going to go to hell, there will be no virgins just the Devil
aha
how many panjabi taliban were caught in Afghanistan?
How many panjabi taliban are still in fighting against ur so called 1000x army?
ofcoarse we dont support those who kill innocent people, lets not forget that ur army is a terrorist too who kill innocent ppl
wahhabism is endorsed by panjabis thats y ur president was pervezi or from some another mazhab. Do we go on sajda for a shrine? go check ur panjab,lahore and other cities where ur ppl do sajda to shrines..
dont forget that you ppl (panjabiz) are involved in making our girls sit at home and not go to school.. u brainwashed our innocent students who come to pakistan or live in pakistan to study quran and islam, you mislead them.. ( U CONFESSED THAT SAUDI ARABIA IS UR FRIEND... DONT FORGET THAT MOST OF SAUDI PPL ARE WAHABIZ)

Yes we dont have mujra,we dont have dance clubs, we dont have disco in dubai, we dont have brutals in london, we dont have bars in many countries because we are not panjabis.. we are pashtoons.
if you call us bad for that then u r right.. we are bad for not having these qualities..

BTW when i say panjabis, its not for panjabi women n children.. its only for panjabi politicians and foreigner feet kissers.

PakistaniSoilder
05-18-2010, 05:32 AM
Yes we dont have mujra,we dont have dance clubs, we dont have disco in dubai, we dont have brutals in london, we dont have bars in many countries because we are not panjabis.. we are pashtoons.

You do not have ANYTHING.

AnGaaR
05-18-2010, 05:43 AM
^
lol
this dude is getting serious and attacks directly..
i got respect thats y i am nto going to reply to ur ANYTHING

Pakhtunzai
05-18-2010, 05:52 AM
I know I said I quit, I'm going to reply to this, this joker(pak soldier) is taking it too far!..wait till my exam is over..just you watch..

tor_khan
05-18-2010, 09:41 AM
MODERATOR NOTE

This kind of posting is not acceptable.

1.) You people are the suicide bombers in Pakistan, you just love putting the suicide vests on and blowing yourselfs up so you can kill God's children.
2.) You people fight then run like cowards and then take shelter behind children, schools, random houses

MazloomyarMaseed
05-18-2010, 10:27 AM
MODERATOR NOTE

This kind of posting is not acceptable.

Is that all you do, is give moderator notes to everybody?

may i ask who deleted my thread of the Pictures? which coward **** fake Pashtun did that? i have the right to know this?

Pakhtunzai
05-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Actually..I ain't going to bother, this paku soldier is just another puppet fool whos trying to cause trouble..

Peace out!!

Salamoona

afghan
05-19-2010, 06:56 AM
The 11 chiefs of the Pakistan army, four have been Pashtuns (Generals Ayub Khan, Yahya Khan, Gul Hasan Khan and Waheed Kakar), leading the institution for a total of 18 years (Dawn, October 13).

Two of them imposed martial law and remained presidents of Pakistan. Ayub Khan, the first Pakistani commander-in-chief of the army, remained at the helm of affairs for eight years as army chief (1951-58) and an additional 11 years as head of the country (1958-69) (Dawn, October 13).

Ayub Khan also promoted himself to field marshal in 1965 and is credited with developing the army into one of the most resourceful and powerful institutions in Pakistan. If it is any indicator of his legacy, his hand-painted portrait can often be seen on the back of the trucks driving from one side of the country to the other—as the transport business overwhelming is in the hands of the Pashtuns.

Within the ranks, Pashtuns are known for their marksmanship, courage and loyalty. Although there are no all-Pashtun regiments, and only one corps of the nine total is headquartered in NWFP, many important training centers for soldiers (Peshawar, Nowshera, Mardan) and the only military training academy for officers (Kakul) are located in the NWFP.

High ranking Pushtun Officers:

-Air Chief Marshal Abbas Khattak (Ex Chief Pakistan Air Force)
-Major General Akbar Khan
-Lieutenant General (retd) Sahabzada Yaqub Ali Khan Pakistans Top Diplomat During 80's after retirement.
-General Ehsan ul Haq EX DG ISI, EX CJCOSC.
-Lieutenant General Khwaja Mohammad Azhar Khan
-General Abdul Hamid Khan EX COS
-General Akhtar Abdur Rahman Ex DG ISI EX CJCOSC 4 Star General
-Lt General Ali Kuli Khan EX Chief of General Staff
-General Rahimuddin Khan Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee from 1984 until his retirement in 1987. longest-serving Governor of Balochistan
-Major General Tariq Khan Inspector General FC
-Lieutenant General Asad Durrani, a former head of the country's Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) agency
-AC Muradk (PAF Pushtun officer)

-Karnal Sher Khan (1970–1999) was a Pakistani Army officer and one of only 10 recipients of Pakistan's highest gallantry award, the Nishan-e-Haider. He was a Captain in the 12 Northern Light Infantry (NLI) and, previously in 27 Sindh Regiment of the Pakistan.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/Flag_of_the_Pakistani_Army.svg/324px-Flag_of_the_Pakistani_Army.svg.png
i am absoloutely agree with you there are many pashtuns in paaki politics and in the army. i will tell you about one of my friend from swat. i hated him when i heard that his whole family was in muslim league, they were against Afzal khan lala and his nationalist movement. when i asked him he should be ashamed of himself calling himself an afghan (pashtun), while serving the interest of pakis, his father had remain federal minister, provincial minister, for several years they are very influencial in the area. i am not going to name him. very politely he replied, we serve our own intersts. we all have our own gains many pashtuns under diffirent parties, nationalist also have the same purpose. he told me not to fall for what they say in public. may pashtun pashtun join the **** army, police because they are jobless, need food for their families. they cannt trust the pakii state, they are getting what ever they can because sooner or later it will be broken. yoiu cannt serve an illigal state unless you are illigal.

Master Khan
05-19-2010, 08:15 AM
There are pashtuns in ISI aswell

kunar1990
05-19-2010, 01:38 PM
London, World trade center, Madrid, Afghanistan, Afghanistan - Indian ambassay, Mumbai, Pekhawar and so many others. Mention Afghan terrorists other then that haramzada who got cough in USA. If there is any country in the world who rely on terrorism then its Pakistan - Ask anyone.

If i am not wrong you started this thread to show us how loyal and how proud Pashtuns are of Pakistan and how patriotic pashtuns are, You want to show us Pashtuns are Pakistanis. But but but - The terrorists are Afghans?

Read history - Do the nick name " The graveyaard of empirors" say you anything? Did Ahmad Shah Durrani hided himself behind childrens when he powned your forfathers? We are still fighting America, You are still licking America because of money.
Mumbai and Indian Embassy in kabul and many uncounted terror acts by your government - sure you are going to hell.
Your Pakistan endorse terrorism which you hide behind the name of Islam.
We do allow our girls to get educated. But you are probably right, we don't allow them to have several lovers in collegue like some "Pak(The I is invisible)" girls.
6.) You cause misery for innocent Pashtuns. The Day Pakistan is broken - Inshallah, then Pashtun will rise. History says Pakistan has coused us mesery - more then anyone else.

Were did you get that one from? Are you then the most stinky race or what? :rofl:

Read: http://www.pashtunforums.com/showthread.php?p=31825#post31825

PakistaniSoilder
05-19-2010, 01:54 PM
^^^^

:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

:Zombie:

MazloomyarMaseed
05-19-2010, 03:35 PM
^^^^

:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

:Zombie:

=EHMA_iPLgfs