View Full Version : da pukhtuno wadda ... pashtun marriage

Toramana
03-06-2011, 08:17 PM
YouTube - Asfandyar Jan Wedding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM6Rc4ZOYWY&feature=related)

Toramana
03-06-2011, 08:18 PM
zra mai ghwari chai lag munga pa kai ham attanr wachawoo sara da Wrayun

Toramana
03-06-2011, 08:20 PM
YouTube - Pashto sandara attan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOiEP02ROyM&feature=related)

Roshina
03-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Wah! What's with the suits? Too funny.

And, and, and, and ... LOL @ the girls peeking through the barriers http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/71.gif Why don't they just do their own attanr instead of paskhedaling to the men's one? Tsk, tsk. Gharibano. And I's looooving their outfits, especially the one with the red and white jaamey with pensey a little above her ankles. I always loved that style, kho sok me warta na pregdi. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/106.gif

emkhan
03-06-2011, 09:30 PM
The first one is good and the second one is not good ... segregation is good ...

شمله ور خراساني
03-06-2011, 09:32 PM
most dorky wedding ever

IamDZJ
03-06-2011, 09:33 PM
i find the idea of people over a certain age dancing in public very disturbing. i don't think it has to do with my religious beliefs.

Toramana
03-06-2011, 10:02 PM
the bad thing is, the ladies are in South Asian dress...why not the more dignified Pashtun/Afghan dress....?

Wrayun
03-06-2011, 10:06 PM
zra mai ghwari chai lag munga pa kai ham attanr wachawoo sara da Wrayun

InshAllah, da sta wade ke ba saam sobat achawoo. Attan kho preg dah, sta la para kho bo da disco dance okkam. :evilgrin:

Agha sandara kho be awreede wee, I am a disco dancer.

Toramana
03-06-2011, 10:10 PM
InshAllah, da sta wade ke ba saam sobat achawoo. Attan kho preg dah, sta la para kho bo da disco dance okkam. :evilgrin:

Agha sandara kho be awreede wee, I am a disco dancer.

that was my favourite sing...LONG ago....but attanr fascinates me more being a Pashtun dance...you know i am a traditional conservative Pashtun....:smile1:

Laila
03-06-2011, 10:12 PM
What sort of attan is that? :glare:

شمله ور خراساني
03-06-2011, 10:15 PM
you know i am a traditional conservative Pashtun....:smile1:
:lal9:

Wrayun
03-06-2011, 10:16 PM
the bad thing is, the ladies are in South Asian dress...why not the more dignified Pashtun/Afghan dress....?

Even though this style of clothing has been hijacked by the South Asian community, particularly Punjaabi, it is not a local form. Sari is what they traditionally wore. I think this form was introduced by various different Muslim dynasties in the region, particularly the Turks. It was also worn by some Pukhtoon tribes as well. It's more of a Central Asian/Northern Indian dress.

Khat (Shirt in Pukhto) Partoog (Pants in Pukhto), also known as Shalwar/Salwaar (Persian for Pants) Kamees/Qamees (Arabic for shirt), didn't originate from Asian/Indian community.

Muslim Punjaabis, and the Sikhs (who mimicked Afghan/Muslim style clothing and religious attire i.e. turbans, daggers, beards etc.) made it popular.

emkhan
03-06-2011, 10:17 PM
that was my favourite sing...LONG ago....but attanr fascinates me more being a Pashtun dance...you know i am a traditional conservative Pashtun....:smile1:

you and conservative pakhtoon ??????
Joke of 2011

Wrayun
03-06-2011, 10:19 PM
What sort of attan is that? :glare:

Right, what they are doing is called "balbala", it's not Attan.

Toramana
03-06-2011, 10:19 PM
But Pashtun women used to wear that gagra...a very attractive dress really...the womenfolk of our area used to wear it till late until overtaken by these kali....

Wrayun
03-06-2011, 10:25 PM
But Pashtun women used to wear that gagra...a very attractive dress really...the womenfolk of our area used to wear it till late until overtaken by these kali....

Yes very true. It is mostly due to the modern fashion industry of Pakistan.

However, there is a revival. My cousins received some cloths, which they called "new style", that are exact thing as the traditional dresses. They are become popular once more.

Laila
03-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Right, what they are doing is called "balbala", it's not Attan.

They ruined a beautiful attan song :(

Feroza_Banu
03-07-2011, 03:35 AM
oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God... this attan song!!!!!!!!!!>... brings back sooo many memories.............. my henna night... its the attan song that me and my husband did attan... very memorable!... ahhh! :shy:...it turned out like a competition between us at the end... and of course with his 1 meter jumps he won! haha...

Feroza_Banu
03-07-2011, 03:39 AM
by the way can someone please tell me who sang this attan song?

Feroza_Banu
03-07-2011, 03:42 AM
here is the full song..

name of the artist please!

Wnq8VKz8q28

AnGaaR
03-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Soon i will make a clip in which i wil teach guys how do dance proper attan :)
I see most of our guys/girls do attan but not properly.
Their feet work, their circling, their heads all go here there. They should learn from the basic steps and pay attention to the beats of Dhol.. chati pa chati bayad chei nashei taw lol

Wrayun
03-07-2011, 12:09 PM
oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God... this attan song!!!!!!!!!!>... brings back sooo many memories.............. my henna night... its the attan song that me and my husband did attan... very memorable!... ahhh! :shy:...it turned out like a competition between us at the end... and of course with his 1 meter jumps he won! haha...

Wait a min.....you saying, they let you and your hubby hold a attan competition? Post video/pics or it didn't happen.

Otherwise, it'll go down as one of PFs urban myths.

Fahd
03-07-2011, 12:35 PM
toraghow all ur videos about want to let girls and boys being together and nothing about hijab or any thing . u r going to get allah Agony in life and after life :D so get ready for it .
يقول الله تبارك وتعالى: http://www.pashtunforums.com/sQoos.gifإِنَّ الَّذِينَ يُحِبُّونَ أَنْ تَشِيعَ الْفَاحِشَةُ فِي الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنْتُمْ لا تَعْلَمُونَ http://www.pashtunforums.com/eQoos.gif[النور:19].

hmm u will let me dance with ur doughters like in the scend video !! hehehe i think NO else u r pig oh im not saying something wrong thats the truth the only animal who dont feel about jealous when somethin come near to he's famele partner is pig and thats why all who ate pig's meat dont feel jealous and u can see the example in most of the western ppl :D

lol

Feroza_Banu
03-07-2011, 12:40 PM
^Wryun wror: lol it wasn't as planned as it sounded from my post... one of the guests asked the DJ to put on an attan song... and she put on this one... so she invited everyone who wishes to participat... she also asked me and him to come... and my husband can't control himself when he hears attan beat... so he pulled me along with himself...

so it was a floor full of attan lovers, until the end 2 minutes when we were left alone,and i wouldn't give up, so wouldn't he... it turned out like a competition itself haha...

and if i post the video he will kill me (not even joking)! haha

Sangeen
03-07-2011, 01:21 PM
looking at these videos I DO hope i never get married in West. Damn its off putting.

For me it has to be old fashion chaotic ..Ya Hlaka shaba manda ka oreejay raoo ra.....Ya halaka Hala melmano la weer munda ka... etc etc and of course a lot of celebratory shooting in the air.

I do feel sorry for all those that live out of their country in small little minorities all over ... I mean imagine wearing a bow to a Pashtun wedding.... yuk yuk

afghan
03-07-2011, 01:46 PM
here is the full song..

name of the artist please!

Wnq8VKz8q28
not sure but i think its Sultan hamahang.

Wrayun
03-07-2011, 06:35 PM
^Wryun wror: lol it wasn't as planned as it sounded from my post... one of the guests asked the DJ to put on an attan song... and she put on this one... so she invited everyone who wishes to participat... she also asked me and him to come... and my husband can't control himself when he hears attan beat... so he pulled me along with himself...

so it was a floor full of attan lovers, until the end 2 minutes when we were left alone,and i wouldn't give up, so wouldn't he... it turned out like a competition itself haha...

and if i post the video he will kill me (not even joking)! haha

Wait a min.....you had a female DJ? :hairy:

The whole episode sounds very interaamaatisssting! I have challenged the females in the family to a Zarsanga competition, they all lost one by one. They got nothing on me when I'm in my "I am disco dancer" mood.

hubby? I don't believe you lost to him. You are just being nice, covering up for him. He probably ran away from the floor.

kakargirl
03-07-2011, 07:00 PM
lol our weddings are very different not like this at all , 1st of all men and women are completly separate not just with barriers but separate halls so you will never see the men at all, neither do they see the women at all when time to go home comes the men will send a kid to announce that so and so woman should leave now as her husband or brother are out waiting in car .

IamDZJ
03-07-2011, 09:36 PM
i wish weddings were held indoors like back in the days. now everything is rehearsed. you go to a hall and hire a band. food is cooked by people in the restaurant and everyone goes home as if they were invited to the wedding of some distant relative. whatever....