View Full Version : You Favorite Side...

Feroza_Banu
02-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Salam !

what is your favorite side with your food... please vote... and tell me why do u always have to have it with your food?

Gulalai
02-28-2011, 04:00 PM
ohh! but it depends! :D i wish i could choose more than one! lol

Masteh/Yogurt
Pyaaz/Onion
Wacha Dodai/Bread
Mint Leaves
& sometimes chakni

but i think wacha dodai & masteh are the most common for me.

graveyardofempires
02-28-2011, 04:06 PM
just when i thought i heard it all.

Shehbaz Khan
02-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Shlombay and Masta kho pa kali ki wi pa di khaaryo ki asi daz doz wi yar !! I love Shlombay and Masta when I am in village .. Well can't survive without Mountain Dew.. I love it :)

Shehbaz Khan
02-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Ao Pyaz waym che yukh yukh toba mi da tri na .. I guess 5-6 years oshwal che la mi na day khwaralay .. ka pa tarkarai jorawalo ki tabi ki wi that's something else .. gani nu salad etc ki no way !! I hate it !! :O

Digital Malang
02-28-2011, 04:43 PM
wacha dodai must be removed because its not a side and its always with any kind of food, especially with afghan food.

I mean imagine going to a melmastia with no dodai with the food.

Feroza_Banu
02-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Gulali: yes it depends on what type of food one is having... but for me it is always wacha dodai, masteh and mint leaves...

Shahbaz: zmuzh kor kei be la masteh hes tsok ham dodei na khori... shlomaby for summer's hot days... and masteh all year around... i make home made masteh... der sha khwand kawei!

shamlawar: the reason why i put wacha dodai is becuase its a must have side for all afghans even if the main course is rice... i myself, have a habit of eating bread with even rice... which is not very common practice for non-afghans.

IamDZJ
02-28-2011, 06:58 PM
peroza, you cheat! how dare you vote twice??! what the hell do you think you are doing??!! :fighting:
honestly, i don't have an appetite for the stuff above or any other side dish. if it's there, good. if it's not, i will not miss it. shlombay (buttermilk) is a totally different case thought.

Digital Malang
02-28-2011, 08:18 PM
sheen chai is also supposed to be in the list.

Feroza_Banu
03-01-2011, 03:27 AM
peroza, you cheat! how dare you vote twice??! what the hell do you think you are doing??!! :fighting:

sta da zrra sar! :ashamed:

Fahd
03-01-2011, 05:46 AM
heheh i vote for three
Masteh/Yogurt
Wacha Dodai/Bread
Noshaba/Cold Drinks

oh and i was gona pick Shlombay but i remembered no pants day & say no . lol i joke

what Shlombay means ? and what is in english :S

Feroza_Banu
03-01-2011, 12:27 PM
^wei ta shlombay na pezhanai?

terwa or shlombay... the national drink of Afghanistan haha...

Fahd
03-01-2011, 12:38 PM
oh LOL is it tarwee ? :s i didnt knew that we call it tarwee

Feroza_Banu
03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
^yes its also called tarwee... but tarwee is made a little more sour that shlombay... shlombay is normal "masteh" and water... and tarwee is sour version of it.

Feroza_Banu
03-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Mastah
pyaz
wacha dodai
shlombay

thats a meal by itself!

Laila
03-01-2011, 08:56 PM
My favorite would be salata....i have to have it with my Afghan food no matter what.

Pakhtunzai
03-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Ooops forgot to multivote...

Mine have got to be:

masteh - My great grandfather always had a lot of this, drank a lot of shlombay and mashallah he lived over 100. It keeps the body really healthy and its just refreshing.
noshaba - My personal favourite, nothing like a cool drink to wash down all the food:)

Catya Sher
03-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Mint leaves: pudina or nana - can't remember in which language is Pashto. I remember them well as I always asked for them in KP, plus piaz, as it is the anti-bacterial, anti-viral out there anywhere.
A little of piaz or tom will remove any need for chemical preparations like antibiotics. Shin chai too, also is amazingly beneficial as well as truly refreshing.
They say that cold drink with a hot meal is a bad idea, in summer too.
Impedes digestion.
Whereas green tea with cardamom, a powerful herb to help digestion and
create a refined flavor, is the name of the game!

Khidr
03-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Don't you guys have 'Turshi'??

I get my mum to make a few varieties of turshi and put em in a jar, it goes really well with all the Palau varieties.

I only have 'Salaata' with Qabili.

Laila
03-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Don't you guys have 'Turshi'??

I get my mum to make a few varieties of turshi and put em in a jar, it goes really well with all the Palau varieties.

I only have 'Salaata' with Qabili.

True, turshi is good as a side......i like the gulpi turshi....Feroza!!! add it!!! :D