View Full Version : Ban PFTech

unknownprince
02-25-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't agree with this PFTech position. There is no need for this method of limitation of freedom of speech here on this forum.

شمله ور خراساني
02-25-2011, 09:28 PM
whats pftech?

Feroza_Banu
02-25-2011, 09:30 PM
PFTEch chishi dei?

unknown, there is freedom of speech everywhere, but no freedom of consequence.

you are responsible for whatever that comes out of your mouth, and you need to pay the consequence too.

you can stand infront of a black man and call him a nigga and insult him, but be sure to expect a lawsuit later.

you don't want freedom of speech, you want freedom to disrespect everyone who doesn't agree with you.

Admin Khan
02-25-2011, 09:33 PM
I don't agree with this PFTech position. There is no need for this method of limitation of freedom of speech here on this forum.
What do you think PFtech is?

Who do you think is PFtech?

Define PFtech.

PFtech
02-25-2011, 09:40 PM

I guess there is some confusion, let me make things clear for you.

You are posting news, copy pasting whole pages, and spamming them all over various forums. Check out Political, World News, and Development sections. You are posting all over the place, and many times about the same subject over and over. That has resulted in the burial of serious topics and discussions.

You have been kindly requested to consider the suggestions I gave you. Check your PM.

Admin Khan
02-25-2011, 09:45 PM
All PFtech is trying to say is:

If there are recent news about a school being built in Kunar, post it in the development section, not literature.
If you dislike capitalism, post it in the political talk section, not world news.
If you want to share a nice song, post it in the entertainment section, not kitabtoon.

I hope you understand now. We are trying to build an archive for our future generation. With that being said, the last thing we want is a forum that is cluttered with topics irrelevant to it's respective forum*.

*forum doesn't mean the entire board, it means it's respective section. For example, if you want to share news from various media outlets about the recent protests in Libya, post as much as you want but keep your threads limited to the news section, since that is where it belongs. If you want to actually discuss the protest, feel free to write a essay, and feel free to share it with us in the political talk section.

IamDZJ
02-25-2011, 09:49 PM
i also don't see a point to people creating threads that they don't participate in themselves.

Digital Malang
02-25-2011, 09:54 PM
is this PFtech a robot or something? :praise:

*Mahzala*
02-25-2011, 09:57 PM
PFtech ta hum tase laas wachawo?

Limitation of freedom of speech, and that on Pashtun forums, is a long-won debate (in favour of the opposition of course). In the simplest of terms, it is part of the cleaning process. Don't deliberately make it longer one.

Time to move on.

Admin Khan
02-25-2011, 09:58 PM
is this PFtech a robot or something?
He is the Pashtun equivalent of the Watson supercomputer. His code took me a while to write. He is near perfection.

Toramana
02-25-2011, 10:08 PM
I think I should apologise for the inconvenience that I caused today....didn't know...number of threads have to be subject-constrained....

Admin Khan
02-25-2011, 10:17 PM
I think I should apologise for the inconvenience that I caused today....didn't know...number of threads have to be subject-constrained....
Toramana,
No need to apologize at all. We are all humans, and human-errors are pretty normal. However, just to clarify 'number of threads' isn't the problem. The problem is threads not being in their respective section. Our community has to be organized and neat and that is something we should all strive for. Put it this way, If you want to post 100 news related articles in our World New section, be my guest. But the minute we see 100 news related articles in the Kitabtoon, we want to pull our hair out.

randolph85
02-25-2011, 10:26 PM
i want to be pftech when i grow up

graveyardofempires
02-25-2011, 10:27 PM
my threads were moved to somewhere i didnt want them to be.

Roshina
02-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Goodness gracious, children. Ban someone just because YOU want them banned? Wow. And you plan to be the president of Afghanistan or a Pukhtunistan if we get one in our lifetime? I dread our future.

lol the mysterious pftech

LOL @ mysterious. It's so obvious, no? Guess not for all.

BarakzaiAbdali
02-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Why not just do what I did in the medicine thread and say make up a thread called:
Unknownprince News Alert Thread. Then just post each new link there that you want to discuss. Same for Toramana. Then if folks want to see what the news is they can click on that particular thread as they will be able to predict whether they want to read it or not based on past preference.

*Mahzala*
02-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Why not just do what I did in the medicine thread and say make up a thread called:
Unknownprince News Alert Thread. Then just post each new link there that you want to discuss. Same for Toramana. Then if folks want to see what the news is they can click on that particular thread as they will be able to predict whether they want to read it or not based on past preference.

In that case, how about a sub forum for our mashar Din Sahib?

I'll be back with some feedback on this one.

BarakzaiAbdali
02-25-2011, 10:47 PM
In that case, how about a sub forum for our mashar Din Sahib?

I'll be back with some feedback on this one.

Above my paygrade lol. A zamidaar or malang cannot comment on the going ons of the khans and the jirga lol.

کیش
02-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Are you creating a Frakenstein? Admin Khan?

*Mahzala*
02-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Above my paygrade lol. A zamidaar or malang cannot comment on the going ons of the khans and the jirga lol.

A malang's concerns give rise to the jirga's of the Khan's. Of course, I consider neither of the titles to befitting. =)

IamDZJ
02-25-2011, 11:40 PM
pf tech is not a robot. pf tech is also a member here who has been chosen to look after stuff in here with out being labeled as this or that.

Catya Sher
02-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Apparently PFTech is Ms. Roshina aka Darkina.

One could assume this by her supercilious tone.

Unknown has a certain overall point.
I think he may be saying how can one imagine that one
edifice constructed is going to antidote all the destruction taking place
on a much more widespread scale than any of the building projects> as far as one can perceive from the news ?
Too, how could one hospital justify the countless lives lost by deliberate bombing campaigns?

It's like what Ulferker wrote about the Soviet propaganda: the Red Army would film Soviet soldiers rescuing one little Afghan girl by performing surgery
after she had supposedly been hit by a Mujahideen weapon.
That was just one or two girls out of the hundreds of thousands directly killed by the Soviets, and the 5 million displaced to Iran and Pakistan.

So I think unknown means what he said in an ironic sense.
Not a practical Site Organization angle.

BarakzaiAbdali
02-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Come on guys, Admin Khan is not a muzzler of any sort. If he were he would have censored me long ago. Mayana also posted in support of the Libyans and writing to congressmen etc. on their behalf and is not at all trying to dilute the right of anyone to post anything. Think of it this way, Toramana is also affected by this as well per his serial posts today and he is being affected equally.

BarakzaiAbdali
02-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Besides, each time a new article would be posted in the permanent thread you guys construct, it would show up as the latest addition to the thread on the frontpage anyway. So folks will know that something new is up.

graveyardofempires
02-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Come on guys, Admin Khan is not a muzzler of any sort. If he were he would have censored me long ago. Mayana also posted in support of the Libyans and writing to congressmen etc. on their behalf and is not at all trying to dilute the right of anyone to post anything. Think of it this way, Toramana is also affected by this as well per his serial posts today and he is being affected equally.
i actually felt my rights being stepped on.

i had different threads about how pakistani military and drone strikes destroy schools in KP.my threads were moved to Toramana's thread which he/she had about taliban burning schools.

maybe it was ment good

PFtech
02-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Catya Sher;

Do you even pay attention to what is being discussed before jumping in the middle of the discourse? No, I am not Roshina. And I don't appreciate you calling her Darkina either. This is not kindergarten, respect the forum rules i.e. respect members and refrain from name calling or mudslinging.

unknownprince;

You are not a kid, you know exactly what this is about and what was requested of you. It was done in a simple manner, and a PM was sent to you. You have been explained to what this is about. Either follow the rules, or reap the consequences.

If any of you have an further issues with what is requested of you, contact me directly. Calling Admin Khan will not change anything.

End of this discussion.

Admin Khan
02-26-2011, 12:26 AM
It is the forums equivalent of KHAD or NDS lol.

No.

and so it is this robot pftech.
Wrong again.

I sense the controlled speech under the guise of keeping the forum clean.
What controlled speech? If I really wanted to run things based on my political views, I would have been banning members left and right. Instead, we have members who openly attack me, who openly criticize the staff, and who openly say what they wish to say. I don't understand your problem, It appears to me as if you just don't get it.

Let me throw a counter question at you, Catya Sher and everybody for that matter.

The question is:

Has staff member ever PMed you guys to ask you not to share your political opinion or how your political opinion is not welcomed here? I mean look at PF, we even have non-Muslims debating, and equally enjoying the rights everybody enjoys. We don't discriminate based on political views. BarakzaiAbdali openly says he is American, and Shehbaz Khan openly says he is Pakistani, both are equal under our rules. Hell, go make a thread about me, I don't have a problem with that either.

Now the million dollar question is 'when does the staff have a problem'?

We have a problem when members begin attacking each other, when members begin calling out each others moms, etc. That is simply disgusting, and we do not tolerate such ridiculous behavior. We also don't consider attacking someone, or following someone around as "freedom of speech". Truth be told, we have rules, and we enforce them.

So you made PFtech to clean up forums Admin Khan?

PFtech is a member. A prestigious member who is an administrator of this board. Oh, and we all clean up the forums. Members like Khalsawarrior, Feroza, BarakzaiAbdali, Kakargirl, Esapxai and many others help me clean up the forums.

There is a legitimate reason for me to post threads like war crimes in the development section. I am showing that this is the development that is happening- death and all other crimes.Unknownprince, stop being paranoid. The development section is for a sub-branch of our news forum geared specifically towards development in our region.

World News and Political talk are interchangeable, and since development also includes the development of death back in the homeland, then that is also development.

No they are not. Let me make you understand this.

A bomb blows up in Iran. Post in the World news section. You dislike Karzai, and you want to post your political view. Post in Political talk section, not World News. Keep political talk strictly for debates and discussions. You can feel free to post 100 articles in the World News section though.

Lupe Fiasco's politically charged anti-war song also can be considered political talk.
Sure it can. Feel free to make a topic about it, and ask for our opinion. However, If something ever happens to him, and you are directly sharing from media outlets, post in World News.

If feel that whats happening in Libya should go in the Hujra section, then why not?
What your feeling is wrong. If someone wants to read about Libya, they can visit our PT and WN section. Leave Hujra for what it's meant for. It's sort of the section where we can go to relax, and sort of speak about extracurricular activities.

Instead of those people posting stupid random thoughts and talking about nonsense, they can read something for once in their lives.
Don't be a dictator.

Apparently PFTech is Ms. Roshina aka Darkina.

No. You are wrong. Roshina was demoted for reasons we will not disclose. It's not anyone's place to know.