View Full Version : Other Modern International languages and Pashto, Pashtuns and Pashtunwali

Badlun
02-19-2011, 10:40 AM
While travelling around the world I have come across the reality that English is not understood every where. This you will specially feel in Europe(except England), Latin America, Russia and Central Asia, China , Africa, Middle East and other parts of the world.

I suggest we introduce Pashto, Pashtuns and Pashtunwali to the speakers of other languages specially French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian,Chinese, Arabic. Persian, Urdu-Hindi, Italian or other languages as deemed appropriate.

A separate Section on the name of Other Modern International languages may be created where separate threads on each such language may be made.

I am ready for my services with collaboration of other friends for the threads in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. I can also contribute in the threads of French, Arabic, Urdu and Persian. All these language I have good level of understanding.

Discussion in all such threads should be only and only in that respective language otherwise it will be counterproductive.

tor_khan
02-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Languages with academic and media weighting tend to have "currency" hence English actually does go a long way. I have met Swiss Germans for example and Swiss French who couldn't speak each other's languages but then opted for English to bridge their gaps. Similarly, I know Afghans across the Dari-Pashto gap who don't follow each other's languages switching to Urdu to speak to each other.

In the case of English and Urdu for example, the media and the amount of academic, social and other print material makes a significance difference as to the importance. If the same were true of Pashto, more non-Pashtoons would opt to speak it. That said, I do know of examples of this where Pashto is spoken fluently by non-Pashtoons in Pakistan. Both happen to be Karachiite friends of mine. One is a Panjabee - his Pashto is flawless and the other guy is a Gujurati Memon - yep a Gujjie - who I happened to meet in Switzerland as it happens when he broke away from a crowd of Indians up in the Alps to come and speak with me when he heard me talking to my son. The Memon Gujjie friend of mine has a Kohati accent picked up from his security guard and his level of respect to my parents and all-round melmastiya makes this guy exceptionally drund. In my eyes, he has near perfect qualities of Pashtunwali.

And did I mention my Anglo-American friend who speaks Dari to me whenever we have a phone conversation? I answer back in Dari, but he's way better than me. He ends his conversations with the Pashto he has picked up ... goes to show, if they can do it for Farsi, then we can do it for Pashto ...

unknownprince
02-19-2011, 11:48 AM
One day (lets say 100 years) the whole world will have to converse in Pashto :)

Nokia_Apridy
02-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Unknown Zma da patay jwand khuday sta pa num ke khu

ALLAH pak da rekhtya key...

Badlun
02-19-2011, 01:16 PM
I was not expecting this suggestion-oriented thread to be fixed in Pashto language Section. What I suggested was creation of a separate section for Modern International languages mentioned above.In that section we can have separate threads-topics for each langauge like for Spanish we can have(All topics means Let us talk about Pashto, Pashtuns and Pashtunwali.

Hablemos de Pashto, los Pastunes y Pashtunwali

In Portuguese we can have Vamos falar sobre Pashto, Pashtuns e Pashtunwali

In Italian Parliamo Pashto, Pashtun e Pashtunwali

French Parlons Pachto, les Pachtounes et Pashtunwali
Persian Harf mezanem dar bara ye Pashto, pashtun wa pashtunwali
Arabic Auna natahadas aan lughat ul bashto, Bashtun wal bashtunwali

The purpose of the new section will be to discuss about Pashto, Pashtuns and Pashtunwali in these languages so that the speakers of these languages may participate in such discussions and this way the world will know about us, our language, culture, problems, history etc. Those among us who know these langauges may also participate and this way can practise and improve these other important living modern international languages.

Badlun
02-23-2011, 12:23 PM
I am waiting for the response of Admn Khan and others whether we should have a special Section for other International languages or otherwise and continue discussions only in English.

Nokia_Apridy
02-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Tama kha da...Pukhtu da para dalta ka

GAni Ijaz lala Khurshid lala ,briton lala ,Wajid lala da talu na pass

zma Hela pay ta raseday da...

Badlun
03-13-2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks admn khan

here we have the section for the modern international languages

Discussion in International languages - Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | (http://www.pashtunforums.com/discussion-international-languages-58/)