View Full Version : wifi....

IamDZJ
02-06-2011, 04:26 PM
so suppose i get me one of these things, does it mean it will work anywhere in the world?? like in afghanistan and it's areas with no internert??( o my God, suppose i get caught by the taliban).
and exactly what do i ask them for when i go to the store..how much does it cost and where can i get it from.

شمله ور خراساني
02-06-2011, 04:27 PM
no. You need connection to a broadcaster. And any broadcaster you want to connect tto will ask you for money.

IamDZJ
02-06-2011, 04:30 PM
so how can i get internet in countries like afghanistan and rural areas of pakistan with out going on roaming with my phone service provider?

شمله ور خراساني
02-06-2011, 04:31 PM
so how can i get internet in countries like afghanistan and rural areas of pakistan with out going on roaming with my phone service provider?
top-up cards.

IamDZJ
02-06-2011, 04:34 PM
i thought they had those only in pakistan. last time i paid 180 dollars for an mtn sim card in canada. even today my cousins laugh at me for doing that. :(

Admin Khan
02-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Pakistani and Afghan cell-phone providers have mobile broadband service. It's a USB-device you can plug to your computer.

Or if you have a Blackberry, or Android device(etc) you can purchase mobile web service from a Pakistani or Afghan carrier and simply tether your device with your computer.

caveat:
Expect ridiculously slow speeds.

sahil112
02-06-2011, 05:53 PM
i had top use a USB device which had top up cards to it in kandahar, each 250 afghanis lasted me aBOUT 1-2 hours depending on how busy the providers were lol

Miakhel
02-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Use etisalat or awcc 999 afghani unlimited internet for one month etisalat is the best

IamDZJ
02-06-2011, 10:33 PM
really? i didn't know that. estisalaat is very good for long distance calling too. i don't really want to take my laptop with me as i would be in places like sarobi and my parents are over protective. they make you get a sun burn so you turn black before going to the villages and i am in not mood to be caught by the taliban. i do get internet in kabul but it's the villages that frustrate me.

but if having a conversation on phone is as difficult as it was back in 2008, how in the hell would i get internet connection?

Admin Khan
02-06-2011, 10:51 PM
DaZahroJaam,
Why don't you take a tablet or smartphone with you?

IamDZJ
02-06-2011, 11:04 PM
DaZahroJaam,
Why don't you take a tablet or smartphone with you?

that is a very good question admin. when was the last time you took something there and brought it back with you? i have lost three laptops that way. i m kidding.
now that you have mentioned, an iphone seems to be a good idea. i will take my brother's as he is speen stergi enough to ask for it back if anyone takes it from him.
thanks for the suggestion. :smile1:

Admin Khan
02-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Sounds great. Just make sure it's unlocked. Rogers/Bell[etc] have their phones locked to their network. When the time is near, contact me if you need assistance in unlocking it.

In the mean time, wish you all the best.

Fahd
02-06-2011, 11:26 PM
my brother's as he is speen stergi

i didnt read the thread but speen stergi make me :rofl: (we also call it shin stergi )

IamDZJ
02-06-2011, 11:47 PM
admin sounds good. i will get one of them to talk to you when i need it unlocked since i know for a fact that he is using rogers.
fahd makhanda rabandey. :glare:

Fahd
02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
sorry :shy: