View Full Version : pashtu words,no more

gadoonwal
01-30-2011, 08:05 AM
There are many pashtu words replaced by urdu words, in pashtunkhwa.
The pashtun in pakistan mixing urdu and english words into pashtu feel more educated and civilised.They look down on their language like the afghan pashtun proudly mix persain words into pashtu.
The new generation no more counting in pashtu.
The uneducated women and elderly men still count in pashtu and not mixing urdu into pashtu.
Pashtun should feel proud of their language and cultur.Why they need hindi in pashtu?
will a punjabi or urdu speaker ever mix pashtu words into their languages?
Should we blame others for this mess?
no never,it is our fault.

Badlun
01-30-2011, 08:31 AM
counting in Urdu, words like acha, theek, roti, pyar, ikatha , milaw, kaprhey etc are used frequently which must be discouraged and pure Pashto numbers and words kha-sha, sam-sama, dodai-tikaley-marhai, mina, yaw zai, lidal , kaley-jamey-zarhoki must be used.

unknownprince
01-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Haha osho

Your a pakistani hahahs

Haha

unknownprince
01-30-2011, 09:12 AM
You liberal pakistani

That's why everything you are saying about pashtun women is a lie

IamDZJ
01-30-2011, 10:03 AM
i used to sneer at them too when they used a word of urdu in their sentences here and there.. but when you think about it, they grew up that way with no one correcting them. i m not sure how long their language has been influenced but they are not to be blamed. at this point they probably don't even realize that they do it.

Master Khan
01-30-2011, 01:06 PM
I don't use urdu words in my pashto, I try to speak 100% pashto, but you see I didn't really grow back home, I grow in Hong Kong and England so I learn from my mum and here on PF :).

gadoonwal
01-30-2011, 01:10 PM
They fully share the blame.The sindis use sindhi language everywhere in sind province and they are living in the same country but the reality is that pashtuns look down on their language and culture.
We have become lazy and slave of other language and culture.
When i speak pure pashtu with people of different parts of pashtunkhwa they look it my face.
They still think a pure pashtu is the pashtu of jahil pashtun.
You must speak urdu-enlish words to get attn from them.
For the educated class it is ghat guna/gunahi kabbera to speak pure pashtu.
Honestly a person mixing to much urdu into pashto look very ,,,spak and begerat,,.Nowdays they start writing pashtu in urdu alphabet shame on them.
While wearing punjabi lehnga in wedding in swat,peshawar and other settle areas is part of their culture now.

unknownprince
01-30-2011, 01:32 PM
i used to sneer at them too when they used a word of urdu in their sentences here and there.. but when you think about it, they grew up that way with no one correcting them. i m not sure how long their language has been influenced but they are not to be blamed. at this point they probably don't even realize that they do it.

yeah, you do have a double standard. You seem to love farsi a lot ;)

I like all languages, but I don't have double standards.

کیش
01-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Can't blame Urdu, all the time. afghans in Afghanistan also mix Dari with their Pashto. It's are fault though.

IamDZJ
01-30-2011, 02:33 PM
yeah, you do have a double standard. You seem to love farsi a lot ;)

I like all languages, but I don't have double standards.

first of all, i don't love farsi. i love dari. i like farsi. secondly, i would be just as ashamed of myself if i spoke farsi/dari with pashto words in it instead of pure farsi/dari the way i will be ashamed of myself if i spoke pashto with dari, hindi or urdu words mixed in it.

having said that, i dare you to reply to this post in pashto and not english. i don't think you can even form proper sentences.

graveyardofempires
01-30-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't use urdu words in my pashto, I try to speak 100% pashto, but you see I didn't really grow back home, I grow in Hong Kong and England so I learn from my mum and here on PF :).
you grew up in HONG KONG?
wow thats so nice

graveyardofempires
01-30-2011, 02:41 PM
first of all, i don't love farsi. i love dari. i like farsi. secondly, i would be just as ashamed of myself if i spoke farsi/dari with pashto words in it instead of pure farsi/dari the way i will be ashamed of myself if i spoke pashto with dari, hindi or urdu words mixed in it.

having said that, i dare you to reply to this post in pashto and not english. i don't think you can even form proper sentences.

i dare you to get a life

IamDZJ
01-30-2011, 02:49 PM
i dare you to get a life
why are you talking to me? i don't want you talking to me. shoo, get lost.

unknownprince
01-30-2011, 02:57 PM

you cant dare me to say anything. everyone is aware that im not versed in pashto.

you arent even aware of the culture otherwise you wouldn't have such a foul mouth. there are many many pashto-speaking non-pashtuns, and i think.... ;) You get really sensitive when someone says something about farsiwaans (I don't agree with racism), but you are ok when people say things about punjabis... so go figure??

Like I said before and on many occasions, stop hounding my posts.

Have a great day!

unknownprince
01-30-2011, 03:04 PM
double standards was the big ? mark for you. I kind of knew it all along :)

and what you said to Catya and Kakargirl is vile and revolting. You should be ashamed of yourself.

unknownprince
01-30-2011, 03:11 PM
and I am rightfully ashamed of not being versed in pashto, like you should be ashamed of how you talk to others. Its not funny. It doesn't matter what you say to me, but they way you addressed Catya and kakargirl is uncalled for.

It was very disturbing that you would say such things. You need to see an Imam.

IamDZJ
01-30-2011, 03:16 PM
you cant dare me to say anything. everyone is aware that im not versed in pashto. i can and i did. thanks for proving me right.

you arent even aware of the culture otherwise you wouldn't have such a foul mouth.blah blah blah--nothing i haven't heard and discarded before there are many many pashto-speaking non-pashtuns, and i think.... ;) You get really sensitive when someone says something about farsiwaans (I don't agree with racism), but you are ok when people say things about punjabis...not true, point it out to me next time i do this but make sure you are accurate with it because otherwise, i am sick and tired of you blabbering over nothing..so go figure??

Like I said before and on many occasions, stop hounding my posts.stop talking to me stop talking to me stop talking to me stop talking to me

Have a great day!

what i said to catya was meant to be beyond revolting and since i didn't agree with kakargirl that one time, saying something revolting to her would make perfect sense. (i have said that 20 times since friday and am not about to repeat myself over and over again so shut the **** up and get lost)

unknownprince
01-30-2011, 03:25 PM
ok, please refrain from ever commenting on anything that I post. Don't comment on my threads, and please until you have acquired some decent manner in speech, just don't converse with me or anyone else who you wish to use foul language at.

I have said this many times before. I am not the one who comments after your posts. You are the one who does it to me.

Im very serious here, until you learn how to speak respectfully with people, do not engage with them.

It is not funny.

thanks.

IamDZJ
01-30-2011, 03:34 PM
ok, please refrain from ever commenting on anything that I post. Don't comment on my threads, and please until you have acquired some decent manner in speech, just don't converse with me or anyone else who you wish to use foul language at.

I have said this many times before. I am not the one who comments after your posts. You are the one who does it to me.

Im very serious here, until you learn how to speak respectfully with people, do not engage with them.

It is not funny.

thanks.

yeah, i have a reply for that but i don't think it's appropriate for this environment..you can probably guess it. i have no intentions of conversing with you. when you talk to me, i will reply. as for commenting on your threads...sorry buddy, this is a public discussion forum not your personal hujra. in a public discussion forum there isn't any point to having a discussion with out the opposite opinion. stop whining like a kid and mature up. may God be with you, do not talk to me again.

کیش
01-30-2011, 04:28 PM
نېوې اثم دي

din
01-31-2011, 12:53 AM
shoonzai ch jir se no pashtu ba sam se