View Full Version : Time to talk to the Taliban?

imb706
05-09-2010, 12:59 PM
I certainly support talking to the Taliban. Why not go down the diplomatic route?

din
05-09-2010, 01:00 PM
I certainly support talking to the Taliban. Why not go down the diplomatic route?

Talking to the Taliban means becoming puppets of the USA.

imb706
05-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Well if they don´t want to talk, then I guess they have to be fought then.

imb706
05-09-2010, 01:26 PM
And then the USA will receive the same Fate as the Soviets, British, and a lot more. Well actually, the Soviets collapsed due to internal pressure and were faced with resistence from US armed groups, that would have probably been defeated without that. As for the Brits, I don´t see them suffering some horrible fate. Afghanistan on the other end...

abubaker
05-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Well if they don´t want to talk, then I guess they have to be fought then.
Afghans my friend are very patient, they wil wait for as long as it takes. how long is the US prepared to fight in Afghanistan 10 year, 20,30...

inqilab
05-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Wars are very expensive. All we have to do is remain patient. And the US will simply go bankrupt or just implode on its own.

You are sending kids who were raised on rambo and video games. To fight men who are muslims and have not seen the end of war.

i think it is self explanatory.

imb706
05-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Afghans my friend are very patient, they wil wait for as long as it takes. how long is the US prepared to fight in Afghanistan 10 year, 20,30... I wish we´d get out tommorow personally, but Obama isn´t going to allow that. I guess unless a governor challenges him. Hey, maybe Rich Whitney will win and do that, one can hope. ^the sovets admitted the british admitted that Pashtuns are not to be messed with. Um, sure. Pashtuns are very simple people who adore simple life. Er, what does that have to do with everything? So do the Amish, well at least they live democratically.

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-11-2010, 11:17 AM
^the sovets admitted the british admitted that Pashtuns are not to be messed with.

Pashtuns are very simple people who adore simple life.

I like this. Unfortunately, our simplicity has been taken advantage of.

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Afghans my friend are very patient, they wil wait for as long as it takes. how long is the US prepared to fight in Afghanistan 10 year, 20,30...

I don't think defeat is part of our vocabulary. How can you beat a people who don't fear death?

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-11-2010, 11:20 AM
So do the Amish, well at least they live democratically.

Afghanistan is situated very critically geographically.

imb706
05-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Of course, it all depends on how you define defeat, as how you define freedom, liberty, progress, etc, it´s very subjective. If you ask me, Afghanistan has and probably will be (unless serious policy changes occur on the world state) the loser for a very long time. It´s quality of life is so terribly low nowadays that surely a gigantic humanitarian crisis (yes, there already is one now but it´s going to get worse) will come in the forms of massive disease, poverty and a fleeing diaspora. On a side note, some people don´t understand what independance movements were all about. They were not just about being able to make your own choices, people didn´t and have not (at least if their priorities are straight) been for that just for the sake of it. Always in history, people wanted to be independent from an authority because the authority was restricting something they wanted. Whether it be unfair taxes, not allowing a certain policy to come there, it was almost never just to be left alone for the sake of being left alone, and calls for independance always came after the other options failed. Being left alone for the sake of it is a much more recent thing and it´s endemic of racist and xenophobic groups really.

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-11-2010, 11:54 AM
The only and only solution that I see for Afghanistan is proper adherence to Islamic tenets. Otherwise, you will see this sort of plight continue in Afghanistan. Afghans have some bad qualities due to cultural upbringing which need to be subdued. Islam is the only antidote for this. And this can only be done under a proper righteous Muslim leader.

imb706
05-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Well, who would you recommend?

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Well, who would you recommend?

^Do you mean Islamic calpihate?

:)

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Afghans needs to unify.

I agree with you. The problem is that we need one solid common ground. Islam is the only solid common ground we have; however, different distorted views have crippled our only life line.

imb706
05-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Islamic Caliphate? Like the turkish leadership before the 1920s?

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Islamic Caliphate? Like the turkish leadership before the 1920s?

No, not at all. Not like the Turkish leadership or any Caliphate that appeared after the Righteous Caliphate. I am referring to the Righteous Caliphate itself.

imb706
05-11-2010, 12:32 PM
And what´s that?