View Full Version : Daily Hadiths

Pages : [1] 2

LifexMoments
05-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Sahih Bukhari:
' Revelation '
Volume 1 ; Book 1 ; Number 1

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for."

Roshina
05-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Give us time to read each one, kana, mara.

Pakhtunzai
05-09-2010, 04:02 AM
Wah..fantastic idea:)

LifexMoments
05-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Sahih Bukhari:
' Revelation '
Volume 1 ; Book 1 ; Number 1
Narrated 'Aisha:
(the mother of the faithful believers) Al-Harith bin Hisham asked Allah's Apostle "O Allah's Apostle! How is the Divine Inspiration revealed to you?" Allah's Apostle replied, "Sometimes it is (revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of Inspiration is the hardest of all and then this state passes ' off after I have grasped what is inspired. Sometimes the Angel comes in the form of a man and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says." 'Aisha added: Verily I saw the Prophet being inspired Divinely on a very cold day and noticed the Sweat dropping from his forehead (as the Inspiration was over).

king-zazai
05-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Anas, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
Allah's Prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him) said: There are three qualities, whoever is characterized by them will relish the sweetness of faith: One to whom Allah and His Messenger are dearer than all else; one who loves a man only for Allah's sake; and one who abhors returning to infidelity after Allah has rescued him from it as he abhors being cast into Hell.

Hadith number in Sahih Muslim

Pakhtunzai
05-10-2010, 05:18 AM
Book 001, Number 0096:
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessing be upon him) observed: You shall not enter Paradise so long as you do not affirm belief (in all those things which are the articles of faith) and you will not believe as long as you do not love one another. Should I not direct you to a thing which, if you do, will foster love amongst you: (i. e.) give currency to (the practice of paying salutation to one another by saying) as-salamu alaikum.

[Sahih Al Bukhari]

Points to be taken from this hadith:

First and foremost, this hadith starts off with an attention grabbing statement. "...You shall not enter paradise..." This statement captivates the Muslims who thirst for Jannah. The ultimate goal for every Muslim is to obtain Jannah and be closer to our Creator and Master, Allah (swt). When read without the clause, the statement "YOU SHALL NOT ENTER JANNAH" disqualifies every single person from entering Jannah. However, the prophet (saw) then states "so long as you do not affirm belief" This statement adds a condition to the previous statement. In other words, if you do not believe, you will not enter Paradise.

However, how can we attain belief? I f we claim to believe, do we really have belief? The prophet (saw) further states, "...You will not believe..." Once again, the statement without a clause, disqualifies every single person from attaining belief. "as long as you do not love another" This statement adds a condition to the previous statement. In other words, if you do not love one another, you will not believe.

Lastly, the prophet (saw) questions "Should I not direct you to a thing, which, if you do, will foster love amongst you?" As believers, we yearn to hear the advice of our dearly beloved prophet Muhammad (saw). We are thirsty for the knowledge he has to share. "As-Salamualaikum" (Peace be upon you- Salam being one of the names of Allah) is the main ingredient to foster love amongst us. It is the greeting of our pious predecessors, those in the heavens, and the greeting of the inhabitants of paradise- our final destination. Ameen. Therefore, it is necessary for us to greet Muslims (those we know and those we do not know) to attain love. From a seemingly simple greeting, we are able to reach great heights- love, through love- belief, and through belief-Jannah. This greeting is only to be used for Muslims exclusively. We must deeply think about the meaning and importance of this greeting before we convey it to others.This way, we will be able to better reflect on its beauty and significance it has in our current lives and the hereafter.

And those who believed (in the Oneness of Allah and His Messengers and whatever they brought) and did righteous deeds, will be made to enter Gardens under which rivers flow, - to dwell therein forever (i.e.in Paradise), with the permission of their Lord. Their greeting therein will be:Salam (peace!) .
Surah Ibrahim Verse 23

AllahuAlim

king-zazai
05-10-2010, 11:41 PM
I am not Muslim. But I like reading Hadiths I see wisdom in them.

not a muslim??????????????????????? wat keeps u bak from converting??? to the greatest religion of mankind it has everything and nothign comes sloe 2 the quran

LifexMoments
05-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Sahih Bukhari:
' Revelation '
Volume 1 ; Book 1 ; Number 3

Narrated 'Aisha: (the mother of the faithful believers) The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright day light, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read. The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your Kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones." Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while. Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari while talking about the period of pause in revelation reporting the speech of the Prophet "While I was walking, all of a sudden I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up and saw the same angel who had visited me at the cave of Hira' sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth. I got afraid of him and came back home and said, 'Wrap me (in blankets).' And then Allah revealed the following Holy Verses (of Quran): 'O you (i.e. Muhammad)! wrapped up in garments!' Arise and warn (the people against Allah's Punishment),... up to 'and desert the idols.' (74.1-5) After this the revelation started coming strongly, frequently and regularly."

Palwasha
05-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 759:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:The Prophet never used bad language neither a "Fahish nor a Mutafahish. He used to say "The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character."

king-zazai
05-14-2010, 06:22 PM
992. An-Nawwas bin Sam`an (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying,

"The Qur'an and its people who applied it, will be brought on the Day of Resurrection preceded with Surat Al-Baqarah and Surat Al-`Imran arguing on behalf of those who applied them.

Palwasha
05-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Narrated by Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said, "When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, "My Mercy overpowers My Anger."

[Bukhari Vl 4, No 416]

AfghanSoulja
05-21-2010, 03:16 PM
^ that's pretty much all I'm counting on

Palwasha
05-21-2010, 03:24 PM

It's what we're all counting on kana. :)

Khaney, please stay consistent and keep it up.

I'll try to InshAllah.

Palwasha
05-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Trying is not good enough.:shy:

But I have exams, so I'm not as active, and will be even less so. Either way, I'll keep this thread going iA, but there are many others to also contribute. =)

Khushal Khan Khattak
05-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I'll post here as well.

It is a nice thread, I like the idea, Thanked the OP.

So on days when Khaney or OP doesnt post I will, God willing. :hairy:

Pakhtunzai
05-21-2010, 03:29 PM
I will be keeping it up to insha allah since i'm back..my contribution will be from tomorrow insha allah:)

Pakhtunzai
05-21-2010, 03:31 PM
I'll post here as well.

It is a nice thread, I like the idea, Thanked the OP.

So on days when Khaney or OP doesnt post I will, God willing. :hairy:

Team effort wrora:)

:lal6:

Palwasha
05-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Okay so it's saturday now, so I can post a new hadith! :woot:

Narated By Abu Musa :

Some people asked Allah's Apostle (pbuh), "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands."
~[Bukhari Vol 1 Bk 2 No. 10]

How many of us actually do this?

Narrated By Jarir bin 'Abdullah:

Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said, "Allah will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to mankind."
~[Bukhari Vol 9 Bk 93 No. 473]

We constantly ask Allah to be merciful towards us but are we merciful towards each other?

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-21-2010, 09:40 PM

I am on the same page as you. :(

May Allah grant you paradise here on earth and in the Hereafter, dear brother.

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Dearest brother, it is from the Holy Quran.

5:32. On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.

Pakhtunzai
05-22-2010, 04:43 AM
I know its one a day but i feel this one is really significant:)

Book 032, Number 6309:

'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:

It is obligatory for you to tell the truth, for truth leads to virtue and virtue leads to Paradise, and the man who continues to speak the truth and endeavors to tell the truth is eventually recorded as truthful with Allah, and beware of telling of a lie for telling of a lie leads to obscenity and obscenity leads to Hell-Fire, and the person who keeps telling lies and endeavors to tell a lie is recorded as a liar with Allah.

[Sahih Muslim]

Points to be taken from this hadith:
Being truthful is one of the many characteristics a Muslim must have. With truthfulness and sincerity, we can be trusted by anyone. The prophet Muhammad (saw) was known as Al-Amin (the trustworthy) and Al-Sadiq(The truthful). In fact, the prophet (saw) was so trustworthy that the Meccans used to entrust their wealth with him. Furthermore, when the prophet (saw) received the divine message to preach to the non-Muslims he started off like this, "O Quraish! If I say that an army is advancing on you from behind the mountains, will you believe me?" All said in one voice, "Yes; because we have never heard you telling a lie." Everyone knew that the prophet (saw) was truthful and trustworthy, thus it was impossible to label him a liar when he spoke about Islam.

This hadith reveals to us yet another key to paradise. The reward for telling the truth is virtue and virtue leads to Paradise. The person who constantly speaks the truth is recorded as truthful with Allah (swt)."That Allah may reward the men of Truth for their Truth, and punish the Hypocrites if that be His Will, or turn to them in Mercy: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (surah al-ahzab v24)

On the contrary, this hadith reveals to us yet another way to fall into the depths of Hell-Fire. Telling lies leads to obscenity and obscenity leads to Hell. The person who constantly tells a lie, is recorded as a liar with Allah (swt). This "Obscenity" could be a number of things. One of the major obscene things lying could result in ishypocrisy -and hypocrites are destined to enter hell-fire: "Signs of a hypocrite are three: whenever he speaks he lies; whenever he promises, he breaks his promises; and whenever he has been entrusted, be betrays his trust; even if he fasts and prays and even if he claims he is a Muslim." [Bukhari & Muslim]
Allah Knows Best.

AllahuAlim.

Pakhtunzai
05-23-2010, 05:14 AM
The Book of Heart-Softening Narrations

No. 6010 - Narrated Mujahid:

'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle took hold of my shoulder and said, 'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler." The sub-narrator added: Ibn 'Umar used to say, "If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death."
[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Points that could be taken from this hadith:

In this hadith we get two views on the of Muslim- a stranger's view & a traveler's view
The strangers view is like living in this life like we don't belong to it. To be a stranger means to be unable to assimilate with the society. A "stranger" and a "traveler" go hand in hand. Being a stranger could also mean that one is a visitor in a foreign land.

Why does the prophet (saw) want us to be like strangers/travelers in this life? There are a plethora of reasons, but the essential reasons are as follows:
1) By being a stranger we don't get attached to the"glitter" of this world. By practicing Islam in the proper way, we may be looked at by others (non-Muslims) as "strange", and this is the description all Muslims should aim for. "...and let not your eyes overlook them (Muslims) desiring the pomp and glitter of the world; and obey not him whose heart We have made heedless of Our Remembrance, one who follows his own lusts, and his own affairs [deeds] has been lost.)"[Qur'an 18:28].

2) Since we are different than everyone else, we don't need to copy anyone else. We follow the prophet (saw) and obey Allah (swt) no matter how strange it may appear to the society we live in.
'O believers! Obey Allah and Obey the messenger, and those who have power of command amongst you, then again if there may arise any difference amongst you, refers it to Allah and His messenger, if you have faith in Allah and the Last Day. This is better, and its end is best. [Surah an-Nisaa: 59]

3) Islam is itself described as something strange: Narrated by Muslim (145) from Abu Hurayrah who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.
"This shows that supporting Islam and following its commands may require leaving one's homeland and being patient in bearing the difficulties of being a stranger, as was the case in the beginning...." of Islam. [Taken from: http://www.islamonline.com/news/newsfull.php?newid=473]

4) Being a traveler, our final and ultimate goal is paradise."But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness -- We shall soon admit them to Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath,-- to dwell therein forever. Allâh's promise is the truth, and whose word can be truer than Allâh's?" (Qur'ân 4:122).

AllahuAlim
Allah Knows Best

Jumad Al-Thani/Al-Akhir 9, 1431

Countdown to Ramadan: Approx. 2 Months 21 days insha'Allah

I get these hadith from "reviving the sunnah" If anyone wants to be subscribed please let me know..

Dukes!! khor i've tried to subscribe people to this mail list and they just arent getting the hadiths..how come??

LifexMoments
05-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Volume 1, Book 1, Number 5:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Allah's Apostle was the most generous of all the people, and he used to reach the peak in generosity in the month of Ramadan when Gabriel met him. Gabriel used to meet him every night of Ramadan to teach him the Qur'an. Allah's Apostle was the most generous person, even more generous than the strong uncontrollable wind (in readiness and haste to do charitable deeds).

Palwasha
05-27-2010, 07:36 PM
It is reported on the authority of 'Abdullah (Radi Allah Anhu) that the Apostle of Allah (sal-allahu- alleihi-wasallam) observed:

"The best of the deeds or deed is the (observance of) prayer at its proper time and kindness to the parents."

[Sahih Muslim: Bk 1 No. 155]

Palwasha
05-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:

''In Paradise, there is a tree under the shadow of which a rider can travel for a hundred years''.

[Muslim Bk 40 No. 6784]

Muslimah
05-28-2010, 06:09 PM
^ Kindness to your parents - what if they're kafirs?

Palwasha
05-28-2010, 06:13 PM

The same rule still applies. :)

Palwasha
05-28-2010, 10:18 PM
It's technically a new day =P (well here in England at least).

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"Do not hold back (from giving to people and helping them), or God will withhold (His mercy and blessings) from you."

[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 513]

A beautiful lesson that shows there is great reward in helping people and being generous, MashaAllah.

LifexMoments
05-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas: Abu Sufyan bin Harb informed me that Heraclius had sent a messenger to him while he had been accompanying a caravan from Quraish. They were merchants doing business in Sham (Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan), at the time when Allah's Apostle had truce with Abu Sufyan and Quraish infidels. So Abu Sufyan and his companions went to Heraclius at Ilya (Jerusalem). Heraclius called them in the court and he had all the senior Roman dignitaries around him. He called for his translator who, translating Heraclius's question said to them, "Who amongst you is closely related to that man who claims to be a Prophet?" Abu Sufyan replied, "I am the nearest relative to him (amongst the group)." Heraclius said, "Bring him (Abu Sufyan) close to me and make his companions stand behind him." Abu Sufyan added, Heraclius told his translator to tell my companions that he wanted to put some questions to me regarding that man (The Prophet) and that if I told a lie they (my companions) should contradict me." Abu Sufyan added, "By Allah! Had I not been afraid of my companions labeling me a liar, I would not have spoken the truth about the Prophet. The first question he asked me about him was: 'What is his family status amongst you?' I replied, 'He belongs to a good (noble) family amongst us.' Heraclius further asked, 'Has anybody amongst you ever claimed the same (i.e. to be a Prophet) before him?' I replied, 'No.' He said, 'Was anybody amongst his ancestors a king?' I replied, 'No.' Heraclius asked, 'Do the nobles or the poor follow him?' I replied, 'It is the poor who follow him.' He said, 'Are his followers increasing decreasing (day by day)?' I replied, 'They are increasing.' He then asked, 'Does anybody amongst those who embrace his religion become displeased and renounce the religion afterwards?' I replied, 'No.' Heraclius said, 'Have you ever accused him of telling lies before his claim (to be a Prophet)?' I replied, 'No. ' Heraclius said, 'Does he break his promises?' I replied, 'No. We are at truce with him but we do not know what he will do in it.' I could not find opportunity to say anything against him except that. Heraclius asked, 'Have you ever had a war with him?' I replied, 'Yes.' Then he said, 'What was the outcome of the battles?' I replied, 'Sometimes he was victorious and sometimes we.' Heraclius said, 'What does he order you to do?' I said, 'He tells us to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship anything along with Him, and to renounce all that our ancestors had said. He orders us to pray, to speak the truth, to be chaste and to keep good relations with our Kith and kin.' Heraclius asked the translator to convey to me the following, I asked you about his family and your reply was that he belonged to a very noble family. In fact all the Apostles come from noble families amongst their respective peoples. I questioned you whether anybody else amongst you claimed such a thing, your reply was in the negative. If the answer had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man was following the previous man's statement. Then I asked you whether anyone of his ancestors was a king. Your reply was in the negative, and if it had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man wanted to take back his ancestral kingdom. I further asked whether he was ever accused of telling lies before he said what he said, and your reply was in the negative. So I wondered how a person who does not tell a lie about others could ever tell a lie about Allah. I, then asked you whether the rich people followed him or the poor. You replied that it was the poor who followed him. And in fact all the Apostle have been followed by this very class of people. Then I asked you whether his followers were increasing or decreasing. You replied that they were increasing, and in fact this is the way of true faith, till it is complete in all respects. I further asked you whether there was anybody, who, after embracing his religion, became displeased and discarded his religion. Your reply was in the negative, and in fact this is (the sign of) true faith, when its delight enters the hearts and mixes with them completely. I asked you whether he had ever betrayed. You replied in the negative and likewise the Apostles never betray. Then I asked you what he ordered you to do. You replied that he ordered you to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship any thing along with Him and forbade you to worship idols and ordered you to pray, to speak the truth and to be chaste. If what you have said is true, he will very soon occupy this place underneath my feet and I knew it (from the scriptures) that he was going to appear but I did not know that he would be from you, and if I could reach him definitely, I would go immediately to meet him and if I were with him, I would certainly wash his feet.' Heraclius then asked for the letter addressed by Allah's Apostle which was delivered by Dihya to the Governor of Busra, who forwarded it to Heraclius to read. The contents of the letter were as follows: "In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful (This letter is) from Muhammad the slave of Allah and His Apostle to Heraclius the ruler of Byzantine. Peace be upon him, who follows the right path. Furthermore I invite you to Islam, and if you become a Muslim you will be safe, and Allah will double your reward, and if you reject this invitation of Islam you will be committing a sin by misguiding your Arisiyin (peasants). (And I recite to you Allah's Statement:) 'O people of the scripture! Come to a word common to you and us that we worship none but Allah and that we associate nothing in worship with Him, and that none of us shall take others as Lords beside Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: Bear witness that we are Muslims (those who have surrendered to Allah).' (3:64). Abu Sufyan then added, "When Heraclius had finished his speech and had read the letter, there was a great hue and cry in the Royal Court. So we were turned out of the court. I told my companions that the question of Ibn-Abi-Kabsha) (the Prophet Muhammad) has become so prominent that even the King of Bani Al-Asfar (Byzantine) is afraid of him. Then I started to become sure that he (the Prophet) would be the conqueror in the near future till I embraced Islam (i.e. Allah guided me to it)." The sub narrator adds, "Ibn An-Natur was the Governor of llya' (Jerusalem) and Heraclius was the head of the Christians of Sham. Ibn An-Natur narrates that once while Heraclius was visiting ilya' (Jerusalem), he got up in the morning with a sad mood. Some of his priests asked him why he was in that mood? Heraclius was a foreteller and an astrologer. He replied, 'At night when I looked at the stars, I saw that the leader of those who practice circumcision had appeared (become the conqueror). Who are they who practice circumcision?' The people replied, 'Except the Jews nobody practices circumcision, so you should not be afraid of them (Jews). 'Just Issue orders to kill every Jew present in the country.' While they were discussing it, a messenger sent by the king of Ghassan to convey the news of Allah's Apostle to Heraclius was brought in. Having heard the news, he (Heraclius) ordered the people to go and see whether the messenger of Ghassan was circumcised. The people, after seeing him, told Heraclius that he was circumcised. Heraclius then asked him about the Arabs. The messenger replied, 'Arabs also practice circumcision.' (After hearing that) Heraclius remarked that sovereignty of the 'Arabs had appeared. Heraclius then wrote a letter to his friend in Rome who was as good as Heraclius in knowledge. Heraclius then left for Homs. (a town in Syrian and stayed there till he received the reply of his letter from his friend who agreed with him in his opinion about the emergence of the Prophet and the fact that he was a Prophet. On that Heraclius invited all the heads of the Byzantines to assemble in his palace at Homs. When they assembled, he ordered that all the doors of his palace be closed. Then he came out and said, 'O Byzantines! If success is your desire and if you seek right guidance and want your empire to remain then give a pledge of allegiance to this Prophet (i.e. embrace Islam).' (On hearing the views of Heraclius) the people ran towards the gates of the palace like onagers but found the doors closed. Heraclius realized their hatred towards Islam and when he lost the hope of their embracing Islam, he ordered that they should be brought back in audience. (When they returned) he said, 'What already said was just to test the strength of your conviction and I have seen it.' The people prostrated before him and became pleased with him, and this was the end of Heraclius's story (in connection with his faith).

Pakhtunzai
05-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Manana for your input guys:)

Palwasha
05-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:

"No Muslim is afflicted with any harm but for that Allah will cause his sins to be shed as the leaves of a tree fall down."

[Sahih Bukhari]

abubaker
05-29-2010, 08:40 PM

salamuna

Prophet Muhammad is reported to have said: "On the Day of Judgment, my person will not be seen by those who drank liquor, those who on hearing my name did not invoke the blessings of God on me, or those who were cursed and disowned by their parents."

whether your parents are muslims or non muslim they still have a right over you, so treat them kindle, and don't of course do your best to do dawah to them through your actions and through your good behaviour.

if iam not mistaken one of the female shabas mother came to her house in madina after the hijrah, but she didn't let her in neither did she accept the gifts that she had brought for her daughter, the daughter new she was doing some thing wrong by not letting her in the house because even if she was a kafir she had still given her birth, so she sent some one after the prophet [sw] to ask for guidence, an he told advised her to let her mother in even if she was a kafir she had still given her birth and thus had a right over her.

could some find the hadith as its escaping my memory

abubaker
05-30-2010, 09:25 AM
salamuna

''non shall enter paradise by virtue of his actions.' They asked, 'Not even you O Messenger of Allah?' He replied, 'Not even me, unless Allah envelop me with his mercy from Him and Beneficence.''

reported by Bukhari and Muslim

Pakhtunzai
06-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Volume 8, Book 74, Number 279:
Narrated Qatada:

I asked Anas, "Was it a custom of the companions of the Prophet to shake hands with one another?" He said, "Yes."

[Sahih Al Bukhari]

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 8:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self respect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith."

[Sahih Al Bukhari]

Book 018, Number 4255:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily Allah likes three things for you and He disapproves three things for you. He is pleased with you that you worship Him and associate nor anything with Him, that you hold fast the rope of Allah, and be not scattered; and He disapproves for you irrelevant talk, persistent questioning and the wasting of wealth.

[Sahih Muslim]

Pakhtunzai
06-04-2010, 05:01 AM
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 84:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The worst people in the Sight of Allah on the Day of Resurrection will be the double faced people who appear to some people with one face and to other people with another face."

[Sahih Al Bukhari]

Sheenka
06-05-2010, 12:37 PM
In The Name Of Allah,
the most Beneficent, the most Gracious, the most Merciful!

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'Jannat lies under the feet of your mother.'

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'If you read the kalima with conviction just once, Jannah becomes upon you.'

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'A women who reveals her body or even wears tight fitting clothes wont come within 500 years of the smell of Jannah.'

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'The dust which settles on a man while he is out in the path of Allah; not only the fire, but the smoke of Jahannam is haraam for those parts of the body.'

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'I only curse 3 types of people;

1. Those people who do not look after their parents when they are in old age.

2. Those people who do not take full advantage of the blessed month of Ramadan.

3. Those people who don not say, 'Salallahu -Alayhay- -Wa-Aalahay Wasallam' when my name is mentioned.'

Rasulullah S.A.W said, 'An intelligent person is one who is constantly thinking about and preparing for death.'

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'It is better for a man that a steel nail be driven through the centre of his head rather than if he touches the palm of a strange women.'

Tamara
06-05-2010, 05:32 PM
A person came to Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) and said: ‘Rasul Allah, what do you say if a man comes to me in order to appropriate my possessions?’
Rasul Allah said: ‘Don't surrender your possessions to him.’
The inquirer asked: ‘If he fights me?’
Rasul Allah remarked: ‘Then fight (with him).’
The inquirer again asked: ‘What do you think if I am killed?’
Rasul Allah said: ‘You would be a martyr.’
The inquirer said: ‘What do you think of him, if I kill him.’
Rasul Allah said: ‘He would be in the Fire.’” [Muslim]

It is our right to defend that which Allah has blessed us with. Muslims are told not to surrender their lives, properties, families or Islamic lifestyles to usurpers. Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) tells us to defend our families, properties and religion. If we are victorious we maintain control over what is ours. Should we die in the process of defending any one of these things, then it is the best death of a shaheed/martyr. This should be a great source of hope for us in these turbulent times when crime is on the rise and invasion of Muslim lands a source of catastrophe.

LifexMoments
06-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Volume 2, Book 13, Number 1:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
I heard Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) saying, "We (Muslims) are the last (to come) but (will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection though the former nations were given the Holy Scriptures before us. And this was their day (Friday) the celebration of which was made compulsory for them but they differed about it. So Allah gave us the guidance for it (Friday) and all the other people are behind us in this respect: the Jews' (holy day is) tomorrow (i.e. Saturday) and the Christians' (is) the day after tomorrow (i.e. Sunday)."

Tamara
06-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Islam initiated as something strange, and it will revert to its (old position) of being strange. So, glad tidings to the stranger!” [Muslim]

Today, we have become so distant from Islam that the way in which the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) did some things appears strange to us. Even people who welcome Islam in their lives, find Muslims behaving strangely, which on further investigation turns about to be the recommended behaviour in Islam. So we should not shy from being perceived as strange.

Someone asked the Prophet (sal Allahu alahi wa sallam), “Who are the strangers?” He replied, “The ones who break away from their people (literally, 'tribes') for the sake of Islam.” The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) gave glad tidings to those who will be cut off from their people because they choose to follow Islam. Everybody else’s lifestyle will have become so contrary to Allah's wishes, that the person who follows Islam will appear strange and will be rejected.

Admin Khan
06-06-2010, 03:45 PM
^Nice one. :)

Azmatullah
06-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks alors, nice post.

Tamara
06-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "It is not lawful for a woman to observe (voluntary) fasting without the permission of her husband when he is at home; and she should not allow anyone to enter his house without his permission.".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Tamara
06-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Modesty is a virtue through and through, or said: Modesty is a goodness complete.” [Muslim]

Once the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) passed by a man who was admonishing his brother regarding Haya and was saying, 'You are very shy, and I am afraid that might harm you.' On that, Allah's Apostle said, 'Leave him, for Haya is (a part) of Faith.' [Bukhari]

This hadith tells us that there is nothing bad about modesty. Therefore, if something is purely good, then however much you have of it, it can only be good for you. This is something to especially remember in these times when ‘moral’ and ‘modest’ are portrayed as ‘backward,’ ‘oppressed' and 'under-confident.’

A person with Haya does not show off his mind, body, or anything else. Haya is translated as modesty but it includes all of the following meanings as well: self respect, bashfulness, having scruples, having awareness of Allah. This word is a prime example of how much is lost in translation from Arabic to any other language.*

Khushal Khan Khattak
06-14-2010, 02:29 AM
This is a Hadith from Sahih Bukhari about Grave Punishment, some good folks here believe it does not exist, for their sake and for all others, I am posting it here. Mind you, there are many more related to the Punishment of the Grave.

جلد نمبر 1 / پہلا پارہ / حدیث نمبر 214 / حدیث متواتر : مرفوع -- صحیح بخاری
============================================

حَدَّثَنَا عُثْمَانُ قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرٌ عَنْ مَنْصُورٍ عَنْ مُجَاهِدٍ عَنْ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ قَالَ مَرَّ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّی اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ بِحَائِطٍ مِنْ حِيطَانِ الْمَدِينَةِ أَوْ مَکَّةَ فَسَمِعَ صَوْتَ إِنْسَانَيْنِ يُعَذَّبَانِ فِي قُبُورِهِمَا فَقَالَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّی اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يُعَذَّبَانِ وَمَا يُعَذَّبَانِ فِي کَبِيرٍ ثُمَّ قَالَ بَلَی کَانَ أَحَدُهُمَا لَا يَسْتَتِرُ مِنْ بَوْلِهِ وَکَانَ الْآخَرُ يَمْشِي بِالنَّمِيمَةِ ثُمَّ دَعَا بِجَرِيدَةٍ فَکَسَرَهَا کِسْرَتَيْنِ فَوَضَعَ عَلَی کُلِّ قَبْرٍ مِنْهُمَا کِسْرَةً فَقِيلَ لَهُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ لِمَ فَعَلْتَ هَذَا قَالَ لَعَلَّهُ أَنْ يُخَفَّفَ عَنْهُمَا مَا لَمْ تَيْبَسَا

عثمان، جریر، منصور، مجاہد، ابن عباس رضی اللہ تعالیٰ عنہ سے روایت ہے، فرمایا کہ نبی صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم مدینہ یا مکہ کے باغات میں تشریف لے گئے، تو دو آدمیوں کی آواز سنی، جن پر قبروں میں عذاب ہورہا تھا، پھر نبی صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم نے فرمایا کہ ان دونوں پر عذاب ہورہا ہے، لیکن کسی بڑی بات کی وجہ سے عذاب نہیں ہو رہا، پھر آپ نے فرمایا! ہاں (بڑے گناہ کی وجہ سے عذاب دیا جا رہا ہے) ان میں سے ایک تو اپنے پیشاب سے نہ بچتا تھا، اور دوسرا چغلی کیا کرتا تھا، پھر آپ نے ایک شاخ منگوائی اور اس کے دو ٹکڑے کئے، ان دونوں میں سے ہر ایک کی قبر پر ایک ٹکڑا گاڑ دیا، آپ سے عرض کیا گیا کہ یا رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم یہ آپ نے کیوں کیا؟ آپ نے فرمایا! امید ہے کہ جب تک یہ خشک نہ ہوجائیں ان دونوں پر عذاب میں کمی ہوجائے۔

(List of Narrators)The Prophet PBUH traveled to a garden (in Makkah or Medinah) one day, he heard the cries of two men, who were being punished in their graves, The Prophet PBUH informed us about their punishment, but said they were not being punished for a major sin, The Prophet PBUH then said, Yes (they indeed are being punished for a bog sin), one among them did not used to save himself from drops of his urine, and the other used to gossip and indulge in back biting, then The Prophet PBUH asked for a twig and made two pieces out of it, and planted one on each of the two graves, The Prophet PBUH was asked why he did so? and He PBUH answered, May it be till these twigs do not go dry, that their punishment will be lessened till then.

Tamara
06-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “He who stirs enmity among people, by quoting their words to each other, will not enter Paradise.” [Bukhari]

Unfortunately, this is a common social evil these days. Rather than mend relations among people, Shaytaan has us excited about carrying tales to each other. “You won’t believe what he did!...Can you imagine what she said?...”

Refuse to listen to what other people have said or done. It is backbiting, just to hear it. If what you are being told about is not true, it is an even bigger sin, both for the person telling it and the person listening to it. If you tell yourself not to believe everything you hear, your heart will nevertheless be tainted by it. That is why the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) told his companions not to say things about each other to him, since he didn't want to meet them with disquiet in his heart. If Rasul Allah's feelings for people had the possibility of getting soured by hearing tales about them, despite his being rehmat-ul-lil-alameen, then we are certainly not above being corrupted by listening to tales.

The people who carry tales from one person to another, do it in the guise of well wishers. First they sympathize with one party. Then they take what they have gleaned to other people and sow discord, ruining relations between people, by repeating things. A person who behaves in such a manner is being two faced. Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “You find that among the worst people is someone who is two-faced, showing one face to some and another face to others.” [Bukhari]

Pakhtunzai
06-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Volume 3, Book 43, Number 637:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet said, "The most hated person in the sight of Allah is the most quarrelsome person."

[Sahih Al Bukhari]

Palwasha
06-21-2010, 08:35 AM
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: A believer never gets satisfied doing good until he reaches Jannah. [Tirmidhi]

AnGaaR
06-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Prophet Mohammad pbuh said: Forgiveness is better than revange

Palwasha
06-21-2010, 09:22 PM
*Guys, please make sure you post the sources, i.e. Bukhari/Sahih Muslim etc. and/or the hadith number. =)

Khushal Khan Khattak
06-22-2010, 07:14 AM
جلد نمبر 1 / پہلا پارہ / حدیث نمبر 61 / حدیث مرفوع صحیح بخاری

حَدَّثَنَا خَالِدُ بْنُ مَخْلَدٍ حَدَّثَنَا سُلَيْمَانُ بْنُ بِلَالٍ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ دِينَارٍ عَنْ ابْنِ عُمَرَ عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّی اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ إِنَّ مِنْ الشَّجَرِ شَجَرَةً لَا يَسْقُطُ وَرَقُهَا وَإِنَّهَا مَثَلُ الْمُسْلِمِ حَدِّثُونِي مَا هِيَ قَالَ فَوَقَعَ النَّاسُ فِي شَجَرِ الْبَوَادِي قَالَ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ فَوَقَعَ فِي نَفْسِي أَنَّهَا النَّخْلَةُ فَاسْتَحْيَيْتُ ثُمَّ قَالُوا حَدِّثْنَا مَا هِيَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ هِيَ النَّخْلَةُ

خالد بن مخلد، سلیمان بن بلال، عبد اللہ بن دینار، ابن عمر رضی اللہ تعالیٰ عنہ نبی صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم سے روایت کرتے ہیں کہ آپ نے فرمایا درختوں میں سے ایک درخت ایسا ہے کہ اس کا پت جھڑ نہیں ہوتا اور وہ مسلمان کے مشابہ ہے، تو تم مجھے بتاؤ کہ وہ کون سا درخت ہے؟ ابن عمر رضی اللہ تعالیٰ عنہ کہتے ہیں کہ لوگ جنگل کے درختوں (کے خیال) میں پڑ گئے، عبداللہ بن عمر رضی اللہ تعالیٰ عنہ کہتے ہیں کہ میرے دل میں آگیا کہ وہ کھجور کا درخت ہے مگر میں (بتاتے ہوئے) شرما گیا، بالآخر صحابہ نے عرض کیا کہ یا رسول اللہ آپ ہی ہمیں بتا دیجیے کہ وہ کون سا درخت ہے؟ آپ نے فرمایا کہ وہ کھجور کا درخت ہے۔

The Prophet PBUH said: "Among the trees is a tree which remains evergreen, and it symbolizes (is like) a Muslim, so, tell me, which tree is that?" Ibn Umar RA says, the Companions thought of the trees of the forests, Abdullah Bin Umar RA says, in my heart I thought it would be the Date palm, but I felt shy saying it, until at last the Companions said:, "O Messenger of Allah! Please inform us". The Prophet PBUH said:, "It is the Date palm".

http://3dats.com/imgs/imgGallery/22/Silver_Date_palm.jpg

Khushal Khan Khattak
06-23-2010, 05:47 AM
جلد نمبر 1 / تیسرا پارہ / حدیث نمبر 671 / حدیث مرفوع صحیح بخاری

حَدَّثَنَا خَالِدُ بْنُ مَخْلَدٍ قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا سُلَيْمَانُ بْنُ بِلَالٍ قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا شَرِيکُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَنَسَ بْنَ مَالِکٍ يَقُولُ مَا صَلَّيْتُ وَرَائَ إِمَامٍ قَطُّ أَخَفَّ صَلَاةً وَلَا أَتَمَّ مِنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّی اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَإِنْ کَانَ لَيَسْمَعُ بُکَائَ الصَّبِيِّ فَيُخَفِّفُ مَخَافَةَ أَنْ تُفْتَنَ أُمُّهُ

خالد بن مخلد، سلیمان بن بلال، شریک بن عبداللہ ، انس بن مالک روایت کرتے ہیں کہ میں نے کسی امام کے پیچھے نبی کریم صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم سے زیادہ ہلکی اور کامل نماز نہیں پڑھی اور بے شک آپ بچہ کا گریہ سن کر اس خوف سے کہ اس کی ماں پریشان ہوجائے گی نماز کو ہلکا کردیتے تھے

================================================== =

(List of Narrators), Hazrat Anas Bin Malik reports, I have never offered a prayer after any Imam so light (short) and perfect as after The Prophet PBUH (as Imam) and undoubtedly, The Prophet PBUH after hearing a child's cry from the fear that its mother will be anxious would shorten the prayer.

================================================== =

:):):)

Khushal Khan Khattak
06-24-2010, 06:49 AM
جلد نمبر 1 / پہلا پارہ / حدیث نمبر 81 / حدیث مرفوع صحیح بخاری
==================================

حَدَّثَنَا عِمْرَانُ بْنُ مَيْسَرَةَ قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَارِثِ عَنْ أَبِي التَّيَّاحِ عَنْ أَنَسِ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّی اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ إِنَّ مِنْ أَشْرَاطِ السَّاعَةِ أَنْ يُرْفَعَ الْعِلْمُ وَيَثْبُتَ الْجَهْلُ وَيُشْرَبَ الْخَمْرُ وَيَظْهَرَ الزِّنَا

عمر ان بن میسرہ، عبدالوارث، ابوالتیا ح، انس رضی اللہ تعالیٰ عنہ کہتے ہیں رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم نے فرمایا قیامت کی علامتوں میں ایک یہ علامت بھی ہے کہ علم اٹھ جائے گا اور جہل قائم ہوجائے گا اور شراب نوشی ہونے لگے گی اور زنا اعلانیہ ہونے لگے گا۔

(List of Narrators) Hazrat Anas RA reports, The Prophet PBUH said: "Among the signs of the approaching hour (End of Times) is also that, knowledge shall be taken away and ignorance will rule, drinking (alcohol) will be common and zina (sex outside of holy matrimony) will be committed openly.

==================================

Khushal Khan Khattak
06-25-2010, 05:17 AM
جلد نمبر 2 / چودھواں پارہ / حدیث نمبر 821 / حدیث متواتر : مرفوع صحیح بخاری

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ کَثِيرٍ أَخْبَرَنَا سُفْيَانُ عَنْ الْأَعْمَشِ عَنْ خَيْثَمَةَ عَنْ سُوَيْدِ بْنِ غَفَلَةَ قَالَ قَالَ عَلِيٌّ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ إِذَا حَدَّثْتُکُمْ عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّی اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَلَأَنْ أَخِرَّ مِنْ السَّمَائِ أَحَبُّ إِلَيَّ مِنْ أَنْ أَکْذِبَ عَلَيْهِ وَإِذَا حَدَّثْتُکُمْ فِيمَا بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَکُمْ فَإِنَّ الْحَرْبَ خَدْعَةٌ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّی اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَقُولُ يَأْتِي فِي آخِرِ الزَّمَانِ قَوْمٌ حُدَثَائُ الْأَسْنَانِ سُفَهَائُ الْأَحْلَامِ يَقُولُونَ مِنْ خَيْرِ قَوْلِ الْبَرِيَّةِ يَمْرُقُونَ مِنْ الْإِسْلَامِ کَمَا يَمْرُقُ السَّهْمُ مِنْ الرَّمِيَّةِ لَا يُجَاوِزُ إِيمَانُهُمْ حَنَاجِرَهُمْ فَأَيْنَمَا لَقِيتُمُوهُمْ فَاقْتُلُوهُمْ فَإِنَّ قَتْلَهُمْ أَجْرٌ لِمَنْ قَتَلَهُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ

================================================== =====

محمد بن کثیر سفیان اعمش خیثمہ حضرت سوید بن غفلہ رضی اللہ تعالیٰ عنہ سے روایت کرتے ہیں وہ کہتے ہیں کہ حضرت علی رضی اللہ عنہ نے فرمایا کہ جب میں رسالت مآب صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم کی حدیث تمہارے سامنے بیان کرتا ہوں تو بے شک یہ بات کہ میں آسمان سے گر پڑوں مجھ کو زیادہ پسند ہے بہ نسبت اس کے کہ میں آنحضرت صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم پر جھوٹا بہتان باندھوں اور جب تم سے میں وہ باتیں بیان کروں جو میرے اور تمہارے درمیان ہیں تو بے شک لڑائی ایک فریب ہے۔ میں نے رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم سے سنا ہے کہ آخری زمانہ میں کچھ لوگ نوعمر بے وقوف ہوں گے جو تمام مخلوق سے بہترین باتیں کریں گے وہ لوگ اسلام سے اس طرح نکل جائیں گے جیسے کمان سے تیر نکل جاتا ہے ایمان ان کے حلق سے نیچے نہ اترے گا جب تم ان سے ملو تو ان کو قتل کر دینا قیامت کے روز اس شخص کے لئے بڑا اجر ہے جو ان کو قتل کر دے گا۔

(List of Narrators), Hazrat Ali RA states: "When I reports a Hadith of the Prophet PBUH to you, undoubtedly, it is far more likable for me to fall from the heaven than to ascribe lies on the Prophet PBUH, and when I describe to you the things between us then verily rivalry (infighting) is but a lie.

I have heard from the Prophet PBUH, "In the End of Times will be a people young and foolhardy, who will speak the best of words among all mankind, and Islam will depart from them as the arrow from the bow. Faith shall not pass even beyond their throats. When you meet these people, kill them, high shall be the reward of those who kill them on Judgment Day."

Azmatullah
06-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Jummah today, thought i'd post this hadith.. : )

It is narrated by Abu Huraira and Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:
It was Friday from which Allah diverted those who were before us. For the Jews (the day set aside for prayer) was Sabt (Saturday), and for the Christians it was Sunday. And Allah turned towards us and guided us to Friday (as the day of prayer) for us. In fact, He (Allah) made Friday, Saturday and Sunday (as days of prayer). In this order would they (Jews and Christians) come after us on the Day of Resurrection. We are the last of (the Ummahs) among the people in this world and the first among the created to be judged on the Day of Resurrection. In one narration it is: ', to be judged among them".

Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 1862 (http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/004.smt.html#004.1862)

Pakhtunzai
07-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Volume 8, Book 77, Number 613:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Take refuge with Allah from the difficulties of severe calamities, from having an evil end and a bad fate and from the malicious joy of your enemies."

[Sahih Al Bukhari]

aftab.yusufzai
07-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Jazakallah khair ......
Keep it Up.

Palwasha
07-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Save yourselves from the fire of Hell even if it be by giving away a bit of a date, or by uttering a good word." [Sahih Bukhari]

=)

king-zazai
07-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Narrated Sad bin Abi Waqqas:

Umar bin Al-Khattab asked the permission of Allah's Apostle to see him while some Quraishi women were sitting with him, talking to him and asking him for more expenses, raising their voices above the voice of Allah's Apostle.

When 'Umar asked for the permission to enter, the women quickly put on their veils. Allah's Apostle allowed him to enter and 'Umar came in while Allah's Apostle was smiling, 'Umar said "O Allah's Apostle! May Allah always keep you smiling." The Prophet said, "These women who have been here, roused my wonder, for as soon as they heard your voice, they quickly put on their veils." 'Umar said, "O Allah's Apostle! You have more right to be feared by them than I." Then 'Umar addressed the women saying, "O enemies of yourselves! You fear me more than you do Allah's Apostle ?" They said, "Yes, for you are harsher and sterner than Allah's Apostle." Then Allah's Apostle said, "O Ibn Al-Khattab! By Him in Whose Hands my life is! Never does Satan find you going on a way, but he takes another way other than yours." [Bukhari]

subhanallah.........

Palwasha
07-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: Whoever does not argue when he is in the wrong will have a home built for him on the edge of Paradise. Whoever avoids it when he in the right will have a home built for him in the middle of Paradise. And whoever improves his own character, a home will be built for him in the highest part of Paradise. [Tirmidhi]

:)

Tamara
07-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “He who stirs enmity among people, by quoting their words to each other, will not enter Paradise.” [Bukhari]

Unfortunately, this is a common social evil these days. Rather than mend relations among people, Shaytaan has us excited about carrying tales to each other. “You won’t believe what he did!...Can you imagine what she said?...”

Refuse to listen to what other people have said or done. It is backbiting, just to hear it. If what you are being told about is not true, it is an even bigger sin, both for the person telling it and the person listening to it. If you tell yourself not to believe everything you hear, your heart will nevertheless be tainted by it. That is why the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) told his companions not to say things about each other to him, since he didn't want to meet them with disquiet in his heart. If Rasul Allah's feelings for people had the possibility of getting soured by hearing tales about them, despite his being rehmat-ul-lil-alameen, then we are certainly not above being corrupted by listening to tales.

The people who carry tales from one person to another, do it in the guise of well wishers. First they sympathize with one party. Then they take what they have gleaned to other people and sow discord, ruining relations between people, by repeating things. A person who behaves in such a manner is being two faced. Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “You find that among the worst people is someone who is two-faced, showing one face to some and another face to others.” [Bukhari]

Palwasha
07-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Narrated Abu Al-Mahh (RA): We were with Buraida (RA) in a battle on a cloudy day and he said, "Offer the 'Asr prayer early as the Prophet (pbuh) said, "Whoever leaves the 'Asr prayer,all his (good) deeds will be annulled." [Bukhari Book 1 Volume 10 Hadith 528]

=)

Palwasha
07-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Narrated By Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "On the Day of Resurrection Allah will hold the whole earth and fold the heaven with His right hand and say, 'I am the King: where are the kings of the earth?'"

[Sahih Bukhari Volume 009, Book 093, Hadith Number 479]

Pakhtunzai
07-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Volume 1, Book 8, Number 435:
Narrated Abu Qatada Al-Aslami:

Allah's Apostle said, "If anyone of you enters a mosque, he should pray two Rakat before sitting."

[Sahih Al Bukhari]

king-zazai
07-06-2010, 06:21 PM
The Prophet said, "Do not abuse my companions for if any one of you spent gold equal to Uhud (in Allah's Cause) it would not be equal to a Mud or even a half Mud spent by one of them." [Bukhari]

king-zazai
07-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

"The person who has favored me most of all both with his company and wealth, is Abu Bakr. If I were to take a Khalil (close friend and protector) other than my Lord, I would have taken Abu Bakr as such, but he is my brother and my companion. All the gates of the Mosque should be closed except the gate of Abu Bakr." [Bukhari]

Tamara
07-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Make things easy and do not make them difficult, cheer the people up by conveying glad tidings to them and do not repulse (them).''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Khan
07-09-2010, 07:14 AM
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "When a person tells a lie, the bad smell that comes out of the lie keeps the angels one mile away." [Tirmidhi]

Khan
07-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Riches does not mean, having a great amount of property, but riches is self-contentment." [Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 76, Number 453]

eyeliner
07-10-2010, 07:20 PM
da prophet saw sed prayer is the weapon of da believer.

eyeliner
07-10-2010, 07:20 PM
omar R.A sed actionsare judged on intentions

eyeliner
07-10-2010, 08:47 PM
my signiture, its not a saying, but its inscribed on da sword of the prophet SAW

Palwasha
07-10-2010, 08:50 PM
He who does not thank people does not thank Allah' (Ahmad, Tirmidhi).

Don't forget to provide sources guys..

eyeliner
07-10-2010, 08:52 PM
a muslim is like a mirror to his brother i.e. another muslim etc

Palwasha
07-12-2010, 11:39 PM
^Sources please!

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: The dearest parts on the face of the earth near Allah are its mosques, and the most hated parts near Allah are its markets. [Sahih Muslim]

MeemWawMeemNoon
07-12-2010, 11:58 PM
^Sources please!

Sunan Abu Daud.

Tamara
07-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah, the Exalted, says: `Honour is My Izar and Pride is My Cloak. Whoever vies with Me regarding one of them, shall be tormented.'''
[Muslim].

eyeliner
07-13-2010, 08:06 PM
the prophet SAW lying about me is not like lying about anyone else whosoever lies about me shall take his abode in the fire-----bukhari

eyeliner
07-13-2010, 08:06 PM
whosoever says muhammad has seen his lord is a liar and whosoever says muhammad has seen the unseen is a liar----bukhari

Azmatullah
07-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Abu Hurayrah relates that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

"Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his neighbor. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his guest."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Al-Muslim]

king-zazai
07-14-2010, 02:55 PM
rasul (salallahu alai wasallam) said, "A wise person is he who controls his lowly desires and perform deeds which are of value after death, and a fool is he who follows his baser desires and places false hopes in Allah Ta'aala."

eyeliner
07-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Aishah RA......said when women saw Propeht Yusuf they would chop their fingers off, but had they seen my beloved they would have cut their hearts out.

Tamara
07-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Some prisoners were brought to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) amongst whom there was a woman who was running (searching for her child). When she saw a child among the captives, she took hold of it, pressed it against her belly and gave it a suck. Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Do you think this woman would ever throw her child in fire? We said, "By Allah, she would never throw the child in fire. Thereupon Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah is more kind to his slave than this woman is to her child".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

king-zazai
07-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Aishah RA......said when women saw Propeht Yusuf they would chop their fingers off, but had they seen my beloved they would have cut their hearts out.

is this a strong hadith

Tamara
07-16-2010, 10:58 AM
`Abdullah bin `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The best of companions with Allah is the one who is best to his companions, and the best of neighbours to Allah is the one who is the best of them to his neighbour".

(At-Tirmidhi)

eyeliner
07-16-2010, 12:22 PM
the prophet SAW said whosoever harms a non muslim i shall be his opponent on the day of judgement.

The prophet SAW also said, stingy is he who after my name is mentioned does not send durood upon me.

Tamara
07-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Abu Usaid Malik bin Rabi`ah As-Sa`idi (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: We were sitting with Messenger of Allah (PBUH) when a man of Banu Salamah came to him and asked, "O Messenger of Allah! Is there any obedience to parents left that I can show to them after their death?'' He (PBUH) replied, "Yes, to pray for them, to supplicate for their forgiveness, to fulfill their promises after their death, to maintain the ties of kinship which cannot be maintained except through them, and honour their friends.''
[Abu Dawud].

eyeliner
07-17-2010, 08:24 PM
is this a strong hadith

yes it is

king-zazai
07-18-2010, 03:55 AM
My favorite hadith and also my hero

plz watch...

YouTube - Shaykh Zahir Mahmood Sa'ad Al Aswad As Sulumi [r.a] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7CkO9ymGe8)

Palwasha
07-20-2010, 06:45 AM
"...People should give up their pride in nations because that is a coal from the coals of hellfire...."

[Abu Dawood and Tirmidhi]

king-zazai
07-21-2010, 12:51 AM
abu bakarah thaqfi related that the prophet(saw) said: when two MUSLIMS confront each other with swords and one is killed,both end up in hell. I said:messenger of allah as tot he one who kills it is understandable; but why the other? he answered: The other was also eager to kill his opponent (Bukhari(ra),muslim(ra))

Palwasha
07-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Prophet (PBUH) said: "Leave it (nationalism, racism, and patriotism), it is rotten." [Muslim and Bukhari]

king-zazai
07-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Prophet (PBUH) said: "Leave it (nationalism, racism, and patriotism), it is rotten." [Muslim and Bukhari]

hehe really i never heard this hadith whats the arabiuc word rasul(saw) uses 4 natiolism racsim so on???

king-zazai
07-22-2010, 10:58 PM
narrated by abu hurairah(ra) rasul(saw) said: if any of you improves (following strictly) his islaimc religion, then his good deeds will be rewarded ten times to seven hundred for each good deed and a bad deed will be recorded as it is. (bukhari(ra))

so mathematicians do the calculation :P and follow islam soly 4 a vast great reward hehe

king-zazai
07-23-2010, 12:26 PM
abu musa Ash'ri has narrted that rasul(Saw) was asked :Which of three strives in the cause of Allah,one who fights in order that he should display his bravery, or one who fights out of feeling of indignation, or one who fights in order to show of??? rasul(Saw) replied: He who fights so that the word of allah be exalted is the one who strives in the cause of allah (bukhari(ra),muslim(ra))

Palwasha
07-23-2010, 12:54 PM
hehe really i never heard this hadith whats the arabiuc word rasul(saw) uses 4 natiolism racsim so on???

Maybe this answers your question:

Prophet (SAW) said: "He is not one of us who calls for "assabiyyah" (nationalism/tribalism), or who fights for "assabiyyah", or who dies for "assabiyyah." [Muslim and Bukhari]

king-zazai
07-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Maybe this answers your question:

Prophet (SAW) said: "He is not one of us who calls for "assabiyyah" (nationalism/tribalism), or who fights for "assabiyyah", or who dies for "assabiyyah." [Muslim and Bukhari]

mashallah amazin hadith thanks

king-zazai
07-23-2010, 04:39 PM
'Itban (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (May the peace and blessing of
Allah be upon him) said:

"Indeed Allah has forbidden for Hell the person who testifies: 'There is nothing worthy of
worship in truth (no true God) but Allah', seeking thereby nothing but Allah's Face (pleasure)."
(Al-Bukhari, Muslim).

best thing in janah is seeing allah's face and also tahweed believing and acting accordingly 2 it

Palwasha
07-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Narrated Sa'id ibn al-Musayyab:

While the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) was sitting with some of his companions, a man reviled AbuBakr and insulted him. But AbuBakr remained silent. He insulted him twice, but AbuBakr controlled himself. He insulted him thrice and AbuBakr took revenge on him. Then the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) got up when AbuBakr took revenge.

AbuBakr said: ''Were you angry with me, Apostle of Allah?''

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) replied: ''An angel came down from Heaven and he was rejecting what he had said to you. When you took revenge, a devil came down. I was not going to sit when the devil came down.''

[Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4878]

king-zazai
07-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Asmaa' bint Omays, radi Allahu' anha, said: Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, told me, "Shall I not teach you words to say whenever you are inflicted with something? Say: 'Allahu Rabbi (Allah is my Lord), Laa Shareeka lah (He has no partner).' "
{Abu Dawood}

king-zazai
07-25-2010, 08:31 PM
a palm tree is planting for you in janah everytime u say subhana-allahi-waba-hamdihi

Tamara
07-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Ibn Umar (r) reported: The Messenger of Allah (s) said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim. So he should not oppress him nor should he hand him over to (his satan or to his self which is inclined to evil). Whoever fulfills the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever removes the troubles of his brother, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the Day of Resurrection; and whoever covers up the fault of a Muslim, Allah will cover up his fault on the Day of Resurrection".

(Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

king-zazai
07-28-2010, 04:07 PM
abu hurairah narrtes rasul(saw) said: When allah decress good for a person he afflicts him(bukhari(ra))

Aby hurairah narrtes rasul(saw) said: A male or female believer continues to be tried in respect of self, children and property till he or she faces allah in a state in which all his or her sins have been wiped out (tirmidhi(ra))

Palwasha
07-28-2010, 07:37 PM
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:

" Between a man and polytheism (shirk) and unbelief (kufr), is the non-performance of the prayer."

[Sahih Muslim]

Tamara
07-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Abu Hurairah (r) reported the Messenger of Allah (s) said:
"Look at those who are inferior to you and do not look at those who are superior to you, for this will keep you from belittling Allah's Favour to you.''

(Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Tamara
07-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Abu Sufyan (r) reported, in course of his detailed narration about Heraclius when the latter questioned him about the teachings of the Prophet (PBUH) He said that: He (the Prophet) told (us): "Worship Allah alone and do not associate a thing with Him; and give up all that your ancestors said. He also commands us to perform Salat (prayers), to speak the truth, to observe modesty and to strengthen the ties of kinship.

(Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Tamara
07-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said: You indulge in (bad) actions which are more insignificant to you than a hair while we considered them at the time of Messenger of Allah (PBUH) to be great destroying sins".

(Al-Bukhari)

Palwasha
08-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira(r.a), The Prophet (SAW) said:"... whoever fasts during Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven."

(Sahih Al-Bukhari).

Tamara
08-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "The deeds of my people, good and bad, were presented before me, and I found the removal of harmful objects from the road among their good deeds, and phlegm which might be in a mosque left unburied among their evil deeds".

(Muslim)

Tamara
08-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Sufyan bin Abdullah (r) reported:
I said, "O Messenger of Allah, tell me something of Islam which I will not ask anyone else about it.''
He (PBUH) said, "Say, `I believe in Allah' and then be steadfast".

(Muslim)

Tamara
08-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Jarir bin `Abdullah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported, that the Prophet (PBUH) said:
"Whosoever introduces a good practice in Islam, there is for him its reward and the reward of those who act upon it after him without anything being diminished from their rewards. And whosoever introduces an evil practice in Islam, will shoulder its sin and the sins of all those who will act upon it, without diminishing in any way their burden."

(Muslim)

Palwasha
08-05-2010, 05:57 PM
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: ”A believer never gets satisfied doing good until he reaches Jannah.”

[Tirmidhi]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: ” Whoever does not give up false statements (i.e. telling lies), and evil deeds, and speaking bad words to others, Allah is not in need of his (fasting) leaving his food and drink.”

[Bukhari]

Palwasha
08-06-2010, 09:26 PM
'' The Prophet of Allah (SAW) said of Janatul Firdous:When you pray ask for Firdous, for it is in the middle of heaven and is higher in grade than the heaven and above Firdous is Allahs SWT throne, moreover the canals of heaven flow from Firdous.''

(Bukhari)

Palwasha
08-08-2010, 01:00 PM
''Muslims are brothers to one another. They should neither cheat, lie, nor humiliate each other.''

(Tirmidhi)

Palwasha
08-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Narrated by Abu Huraira (RA):

I heard Allah’s Apostle (peace be upon him) saying regarding Ramadan, ''Whoever prayed at night in it (the month of Ramadan) out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven.''

[Bukhari Volume 3, Book 32, Number 226]

Palwasha
08-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Narrated Anas bin Malik (RA):

Allah's Apostle said, "Do not hate one another, and do not be jealous of one another, and do not desert each other, and O, Allah's worshipers! Be brothers. Lo! It is not permissible for any Muslim to desert (not talk to) his brother (Muslim) for more than three days."

Narrated Abu Aiyub Al-Ansari (RA):

Allah's Apostle said, "It is not lawful for a man to desert his brother Muslim for [B]more than three nights. (It is unlawful for them that) when they meet, one of them turns his face away from the other, and the other turns his face from the former, and the better of the two will be the one who greets the other first."

[Bukhari :: Book 73 : Hadith 100]

Tamara
08-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Anas bin Malik (Allahs Blessings upon him) reported:
Allahs Messanger PBUH told us:
"Facilitate things to people (concerning religious matters), and do not make it hard for them and give them good tidings and do not make them run away (from their Religion)."

Palwasha
08-13-2010, 10:15 PM
The Prophet (PBUH) said:

"Allah said," "Every deed of the son of Adam is his except fasting; it is Mine, and I am the one who gives the rewards for it."

The Prophet (PBUH) continued, "Fasting is a shield, so if it happens that it is a day of fasting, then let him not utter profanity, or shout with anger. If someone cursed him or fought him, then let him say: I am fasting I am fasting.

By Him whose hand my soul is in. The smell of the mouth of a fasting person, before Allah, is better than the smell of Musk.

There are two joys for a fasting person; he is joyful when he breaks his fasting, and when he meets his Lord."

[Hadith Qudsi - Bukhari & Muslim]

Palwasha
08-14-2010, 09:18 PM
The Prophet (pbuh) said ''O God, grant me life as a poor man, cause me to die as a poor man & resurrect me in the company of the poor. His wife asked him why he said that, and he replied, Because the poor will enter Paradise before the rich. Do not turn away a poor man, even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor & bring them near you God will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection.

[Tirmidhi]

Palwasha
08-15-2010, 08:32 PM
:)

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet (pbuh) said:

Whoever establishes nawafil (voluntary) prayers during the nights of Ramadan, faithfully out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allahs rewards, all his past sins will be forgiven.''

[Bukhari 24/35]

Palwasha
08-16-2010, 10:35 PM
"When Allah (SWT) loves one of His servants, He calls Jibril and tells him: `I love so-and-so,so love him.' Then Jibril will love him, and will proclaim to the inhabitants of heaven: `Allah(SWT) loves so-and-so, so love him.' So the inhabitants of heaven will love him too, and he will be well accepted by the inhabitants of the earth..."

[Muslim]

abubaker
08-17-2010, 12:45 PM
It was narrated from Abu’l-Maleeh that a man said:

I was riding behind the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when an animal stumbled. I said: “Woe to the Shaytaan.”
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not say woe to the Shaytaan, for if you say that he grows bigger until he is like a house, and he says, ‘It is by my power.’
Rather say: ‘Bismillaah,’ for if you say that, he grows smaller, until he is like a fly.”

Narrated by Ahmad, 20068; Abu Dawood, 4982; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Palwasha
08-18-2010, 10:22 AM
It is reported from Tariq Ibn Shihab (radiAllaahu anhu) that the Prophet (pbuh) said: A man entered Paradise because of a fly, while another entered the Fire because of a fly.

They asked: How was that possible, oh, Messenger of Allah ?

He replied: Two men passed by a people who had an idol, which it was not permissible for anyone to pass without making a sacrifice to it. They (the people) said to the first man: Sacrifice (something). The First man said. I have nothing with which to do so. They said, Sacrifice some-thing, even if it were only a fly, and so he did so, and they allowed him to continue on his way and so he entered the Hell-fire. Then they said to the second man: Sacrifice (something). But he said: I will not sacrifice anything unless it be to Allah , the Almighty, the All-powerful, so they struck his neck (and he died) and entered Paradise.

(Narrated by Ahmad)

If you truly ponder upon this hadith you will realise the true dangers of Shirk however small it may be, and the greatness of Tawheed how ever little it may be.

Palwasha
08-18-2010, 06:08 PM
''Leave me as I leave you; those before you were only destroyed because of their excessive questioning and disputing with their Prophets. Therefore, when I command you with a matter, adhere to it as much as you can, and when I forbid from something, avoid it.''

[Muslim]

The Prophet only said this after he told the Companions that Allah has ordered them to perform Hajj. A man asked, "Every year, O Messenger of Allah'' The Prophet did not answer him, but he repeated his question three times. Then the Prophet said: ''No. Had I said yes, it would have been ordained, and you would not have been able to implement it.''

Tamara
08-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Abu Dhar al-Ghafari said: “The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: ‘Sadaqah is prescribed for every person every day the sun rises.’ I said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, from what do we give sadaqah if we do not possess property?’ He said: ‘The doors of sadaqah are takbir (Allahu Akbar), Subhan Allah, Alhamdulillah, La-ilaha-ilAllah, Astaghfirullah, enjoining good, forbidding evil, removing thorns, bones and stones from the paths of people, guiding the blind, listening to the deaf and dumb until you understand them, guiding a person to his object of need if you know where it is, hurrying with the strength of your legs to one in sorrow who is appealing for help, and supporting the weak with the strength of your arms. These are all the doors of sadaqah.” [Ahmad]

In other words one does not need to have financial resources to earn the reward of sadaqah. There are many deeds that qualify as sadaqah with Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). In addition to those listed above the following ordinary courtesies are also sadaqah if we do them with the intention of pleasing Allah with them.

1. To administer justice between two people is sadaqah.
2. To assist a man upon his mount so that he may ride it is sadaqah.
3. To place his luggage on the animal is sadaqah. *
4. A good word is sadaqah.
5. Every step taken toward prayer is sadaqah.
6. Your smile for your brother is sadaqah.
7. Planting anything from which a person, an animal or anything eats is sadaqah.*

Palwasha
08-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Allah’s Apostle said to us: ”Honesty descended from the Heavens and settled in the roots of the hearts of men (faithful believers), and then the Quran was revealed and the people read the Quran, (and learnt it from it) and also learnt it from the Sunna.”

[Volume 9, Book 92, Number 381: Narrated Hudhaifa]

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Thereshould be no breaking off of ties, no turning away from another, no hating one another, and no envying one another. Be brothers, as Allah has commanded you."

[Muslim]

*Mahzala*
08-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira (may Allah have mercy on him):

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 38

king-zazai
08-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira (may Allah have mercy on him):

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 38

mashallah that is an amzing hadith thanks

king-zazai
08-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Narrated Aisha (Radi Allah Anha): The Prophet (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) was asked,
What deeds are loved most by Allah? He said, The most regular constant deeds even though they may be few.

[Sahih Bukhari: Volume 8, Book 76, Number 472 & 470]

Palwasha
08-24-2010, 08:58 PM
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:"Modesty and being at a loss for words are two components of true faith, while vulgarity and long-windedness are two components of hypocrisy."

[Tirmidhi]

Laila
08-24-2010, 09:24 PM
I have the Daily Hadiths in my facebook, so here is one

Narrated Aisha: Allah's Apostle said, "If somebody innovates something which is not in harmony with the principles of our religion, that thing is rejected. Volume 3, Book 49, Number 861: Sahih Bukhari

*Mahzala*
08-25-2010, 07:41 PM
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was reported to have said: 'The most perfect Muslim in the matter of faith is one who has excellent behaviour; and the best among you are those who behave best towards their wives"

(From Mishkat al-Masabih, No. 0278(R) Transmitted by Tirmidhi)

*Mahzala*
08-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Narrated Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas:

Allah's Apostle said, "You will be rewarded for whatever you spend for Allah's sake even if it were a morsel which you put in your wife's mouth."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

Palwasha
08-28-2010, 10:22 PM
"Whoever guides [another] to a good deed will get a reward similar to the one who performs it."

[Sahih Muslim]

*Mahzala*
08-29-2010, 05:27 AM
Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari:

The Prophet said: "On every Muslim there is enjoined (a compulsory) Sadaqa (alms)." They (the people) said: "If one has nothing?' He said: "He should work with his hands so that he may benefit himself and give in charity." They said: "If he cannot work or does not work?" He said: "Then he should help the oppressed unhappy person (by word or action or both)." They said: "If he does not do it?" He said: "Then he should enjoin what is good (or said what is reasonable).' They said: "If he does not do that''' He said: "Then he should refrain from doing evil, for that will be considered for Him as a Sadaqa (charity)."

(Sahih Al Bukhari)

Abdul Haq
08-30-2010, 02:48 AM
“I leave among you two weighty things, the Book of Allah (the Qur’an) and my Itrat (progeny); if you hold fast to them you will never go astray; and these two shall never separate from each other till they meet at the heavenly fountain of Kauser.” (Hadith al-Thaqalayn)

king-zazai
08-30-2010, 04:31 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira

The Prophet said, "Whoever does not give up false statements (i.e. telling lies), and evil deeds, and speaking bad words to others, Allahis not in need of his (fasting) leaving his food and drink."

Palwasha
09-01-2010, 09:26 PM
I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying,”Read the Qur'an, for it will come as an intercessor for its reciters on the Day of Resurrection.”

[Sahih Muslim]

Palwasha
09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "There is a tree in Paradise (which is so big and huge that) if a rider travels in its shade for one hundred years, he would not be able to cross it."

[Bukhari Vol. 4 No. 474]

Palwasha
09-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Palwasha just so you know I follow this thread daily.

Aw, I'm glad bro. =)

“Whoever recites ‘al-Kahf’ as it was revealed*, he will have a light on the Day of Resurrection that will reach from wherever he is all the way to Makkah. And whoever recites the last ten verses of it, and the Dajjal emerges right after, then he will not be harmed by him. And nobody makes ablution, then says: ‘Glory and praise be to You, O Allah. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but You. I seek Your forgiveness and turn to You in repentance’ [Subhanak Allahumma wa bi Hamdik; ashhadu an la ilaha illa Ant. Astaghfiruk wa atubu ilayk] except that it is written on a tablet and permanently transcribed on that tablet, and that tablet will not be broken or damaged until the Day of Resurrection.“

['as-Silsilah as-Sahihah'; # 2651]

*On a thursday night or on Jummah (friday).

Palwasha
09-04-2010, 06:18 PM
“Whosoever relieves from a believer some grief pertaining to this world, Allah will relieve from him some grief pertaining to the Hereafter.“

(Narrated in Saheeh Muslim)

*Mahzala*
09-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Narrated Abu Salama:

Once I went to Abu- Sa'id Al-Khudri and asked him, "Won't you come with us to the date-palm trees to have a talk?" So Abu Said went out and I asked him, "Tell me what you heard from the Prophet about the Night of Qadr." Abu Said replied, "Once Allah's Apostle performed I'tikaf (seclusion) on the first ten days of the month of Ramadan and we did the same with him. Gabriel came to him and said, 'The night you are looking for is ahead of you.' So the Prophet performed the I'tikaf in the middle (second) ten days of the month of Ramadan and we too performed I'tikaf with him.

Gabriel came to him and said, 'The night which you are looking for is ahead of you.' In the morning of the 20th of Ramadan the Prophet delivered a sermon saying, 'Whoever has performed I'tikaf with me should continue it. I have been shown the Night of "Qadr", but have forgotten its date, but it is in the odd nights of the lastten nights. I saw in my dream that I was prostrating in mud and water.' In those days the roof of the mosque was made of branches of date-palm trees. At that time the sky was clear and no cloud was visible, but suddenly a cloud came and it rained. The Prophet led us in the prayer and I saw the traces of mud on the forehead and on the nose of Allah's Apostle. So it was the confirmation of that dream."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

Palwasha
09-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Narrated by ibn Abbas: Allah's Apostle said:

"Take advantage of five matters before five other matters: your youth before you become old; and your health before you fall sick; and your richness before you become poor; and your free time before you become busy; and your life before your death."

[Musnad Imam Ahmad]

Palwasha
09-06-2010, 06:00 PM
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:

"Allah has inspired to me that you are all to be humble towards each other such that no one transgresses against or exalts himself above another."

[Sahih Muslim]

*Mahzala*
09-07-2010, 04:11 AM
Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Seek it (Lailat-ul-Qadr) in the last (ten nights). If one among you shows slackness and weakness (in the earlier part of Ramadan), it should not be allowed to prevail upon him in the last week.

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

Palwasha
09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
‎"No one is truly faithful unless truth enters his heart, and truth does not penetrate the heart unless the tongue is truthful."

[Ahmad]

Palwasha
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Narrated by Abu Huraira: ''The Prophet (peace be upon him) said Allah will give shade to seven (types of people) under His Shade (on the Day of Resurrection). (one of them will be) a person who remembers Allah and his eyes are then flooded with tears.''

(Bukhari Volume 8, Book 76, Number 486)

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (RA) and Abu Huraira (RA): ''The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that.''

[Sahih Bukhari]

*Mahzala*
09-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Once the Prophet was narrating (a story), while a bedouin was sitting with him. "One of the inhabitants of Paradise will ask Allah to allow him to cultivate the land. Allah will ask him, 'Are you not living in the pleasures you like?' He will say, 'Yes, but I like to cultivate the land.' " The Prophet added, "When the man (will be permitted he) will sow the seeds and the plants will grow up and get ripe, ready for reaping and so on till it will be as huge as mountains within a wink. Allah will then say to him, 'O son of Adam! Take here you are, gather (the yield); nothing satisfies you.' " On that, the bedouin said, "The man must be either from Quraish (i.e. an emigrant) or an Ansari, for they are farmers, whereas we are not farmers." The Prophet smiled (at this).

(Sahih Bukhaari)

*Mahzala*
10-13-2010, 03:35 AM
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The world is a prison-house for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer.

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

*Mahzala*
10-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: All the people of my Ummah would get pardon for their sins except those who publicize them*. And (it means) that a servant should do a deed during the night and tell the people in the morning that he has done so and so, whereas Allah has concealed it. And he does a deed during the day and when it is night he tells the people, whereas Allah has concealed it. Zuhair has used the word hijar for publicizing.

* This does not mean that it is not necessary for us to ask forgiveness for our sins. In fact it is incumbent that we do:

Narrated by Abu Hurayrah (RA): I heard Allah's Apostle saying." By Allah! I ask for forgiveness from Allah and turn to Him in repentance more than seventy times a day."

(Sahih Al Bukhari)

*Mahzala*
10-15-2010, 04:41 AM
The Prophet said, "The most superior among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

Gulalai
10-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Ibn Jaz said: “I have not seen anyone who smiled more than the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam).” (Hasan) [Chapters on Al-Manaqib: Jami At-Tirmidhi]

*Mahzala*
10-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Ibn 'Abbas reported that while Gabriel was sitting with the Apostle (may peace be upon him) he heard a creaking sound above him. He lifted his head and said: This As a gate opened in heaven today which had never been opened before. Then when an angel descended through it, he said: This is an angel who came down to the earth who had-never come down before. He greeted and said:

Rejoice in two lights given to you which have not been given to any prophet before you: Falihat al-Kitab and the concluding verses of Suarah al-Baqara. You will never recite a letter from them for which you will not be given (a reward).

Every Muslim who owns a Quran posses' two lights- Surah Al-Fatihah and the last two verses of Surah Al-Baqarah. We must honor this priceless gift from Allah (swt) which has been given to no other prophet before the prophet Muhammad (saw).The Prophet said, 'The mother of the Qur'an are the seven oft repeated verses.'

http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/1_1.png

http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/1_2.png

http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/1_3.png

http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/1_4.png

http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/1_5.png

http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/1_6.png

http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/1_7.png

http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/2_285.png http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/2_286.png

*Mahzala*
10-17-2010, 03:35 AM
Abu Dharr reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: In the morning charity is due from every bone in the body of every one of you. Every utterance of Allah's glorification is an act of charity. Every utterance of praise of Him is an act of charity, every utterance of profession of His Oneness is an act of charity, every utterance of profession of His Greatness is an act of charity, enjoining good is an act of charity, forbidding what is disreputable is an act of charity, and two rak'ahs which one prays in the forenoon will suffice.

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

*Mahzala*
10-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Allah's Apostle said, Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should serve his guest generously. The guest's reward is: To provide him with a superior type of food for a night and a day and a guest is to be entertained with food for three days, and whatever is offered beyond that, is regarded as something given in charity. And it is not lawful for a guest to stay with his host for such a long period so as to put him in a critical position."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

*Mahzala*
10-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When two persons indulge in hurling (abuses) upon one another, it would be the first one who would be the sinner so long as the oppressed does not transgress the limits.

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

*Mahzala*
10-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Narrated by Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her):

Allah's Apostle said, "If somebody innovates something which is not in harmony with the principles of our religion, that thing is rejected."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

*Mahzala*
10-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Narated By Ibn 'Umar : The males and the females during the time of Apostle of Allah (pbuh) used to perform ablution from one vessel together.

(Abu Dawood)

*Mahzala*
10-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "If Allah loves a person, He calls Gabriel, saying, 'Allah loves so and so, O Gabriel love him' So Gabriel would love him and then would make an announcement in the Heavens: 'Allah has loved so and-so therefore you should love him also.' So all the dwellers of the Heavens would love him, and then he is granted the pleasure of the people on the earth."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

Gulalai
10-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said,
"I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for
a man who avoids quarrelling even if he were in the right,
a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking,
& a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good."
(Abu Dawud Book 41 No. 4782)

*Mahzala*
10-27-2010, 03:26 AM
Allah's Apostle said (peace be upon him), "The (Hell) Fire complained to its Lord saying, 'O my Lord! My different parts eat up each other.' So, He allowed it to take two breaths, one in the winter and the other in summer, and this is the reason for the severe heat and the bitter cold you find (in weather)."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

*Mahzala*
10-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Anyone of you coming for the Jumu'ah prayer should take a bath."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

abubaker
10-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalam said: "Do you know the thing which most commonly brings people into Paradise? It is fear of Allah and good character. Do you know what most commonly brings people into Hell? It is the two hollow things: the mouth and the private parts.'(Al-Tirmidhi Hadith)

*Mahzala*
10-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: One who looks after the orphan whether he is his relative or not, I and he would be together in Paradise like this, and Malik (explained it) with the gesture by drawing his index finger and middle finger close together.

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

abubaker
11-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 523:
Narrated Ibn Abbas:
The Prophet used to say at the time of difficulty, La ilaha il-lallah Al-Alimul-Halim. La-ilaha il-lallah Rabul- Arsh-al-Azim, La ilaha-il-lallah Rabus-Samawati Rab-ul-Ard; wa Rab-ul-Arsh Al-Karim.

*Mahzala*
11-03-2010, 02:45 AM
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Allah will say to the person who will have the minimum punishment in the Fire on the Day of Resurrection, 'If you had things equal to whatever is on the earth, would you ransom yourself (from the punishment) with it?' He will reply, Yes. Allah will say, 'I asked you a much easier thing than this while you were in the backbone of Adam, that is, not to worship others besides Me, but you refused and insisted to worship others besides Me.'

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

Tamara
11-04-2010, 11:41 AM
On the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas, who said : One day I was behind the prophet and he said to me:

"Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allah; if you seek help, seek help of Allah. Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

narrated by Termithi, who said it is true and fine hadith

In a version other than that of Tirmithi it reads:

"..Be mindful of Allah, you will find Him before you. Get to know Allah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity. Know that what has passed you by was not going to befall you; and that what has befallen you was not going to pass you by. And know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship."

unknownprince
11-04-2010, 10:31 PM
This is a very important saying: First in Arabic:

Wa sharrul Umoori Muhdathaatuhaa, Wa kulla Bid'atin dhaialah, wa kulla dhalatin fin-naar" Al-Hadith (Sahih Muslim).

Translation of the above Hadith:

Every innovation is a misguidance and every misguidance goes to Hell fire.

*Mahzala*
11-05-2010, 04:29 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "During your sleep, Satan knots three knots at the back of the head of each of you, and he breathes the following words at each knot, 'The night is, long, so keep on sleeping,' If that person wakes up and celebrates the praises of Allah, then one knot is undone, and when he performs ablution the second knot is undone, and when he prays, all the knots are undone, and he gets up in the morning lively and bright/happy, otherwise he gets up dull and gloomy. "

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

*Mahzala*
11-06-2010, 04:42 AM
Hammam b. Munabbih reported: Abu Huraira reported us some ahadith from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) amongst many, (and) one is this that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: A person lit fire and when the atmosphere was aglow, moths and insects began to fall into the fire, but I am there to hold them back, but they are plunging into it despite my efforts, and he further added: That is your example and mine. I am there to hold you back from fire and to save you from it, but you are plunging into it despite my efforts.

Points to be taken:

The prophet (s) has given us a clear and illustrative description of how mankind is. We are described like moths or insects allured by a deceptive fire. This deceptive fire is the alluring pitfalls of shaytan's tactics for us to love this ephemeral world rather than the everlasting hereafter.
The prophet (s) is the one who is trying to warn us from entering this deceptive fire that will destroy us immediately like a moth being withered away as it touches the blazing flames of a fire.
Despite the prophet (s) explicit warning about the deceptive fire, we fail to take heed and we plunge into the depths of our own demise.
Allah (swt) has also described us like "moths" on the Day of Judgement in surat Al-Qariah:
The (Day) of Noise and Clamour:
What is the (Day) of Noise and Clamour?
And what will explain to thee, what the (Day) of Noise and Clamour is?
It is a Day whereon men will be like MOTHS scattered about,
And the mountains will like carded wool.
Then, he whose balance (of good deeds) will be (found) heavy,
Will be in a Life of good pleasure and satisfaction.
But he whose balance (of good deeds) will be (found) light - Will have his home in a (bottomless ) Pit.
And what will explain to thee what this is? (It is) a Fire blazing fiercely! (Quran: 101)

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

*Mahzala*
11-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Narrated Ibn Abbas:

The Prophet said, "No good deeds done on other days are superior to those done on these (first ten days of Dhul Hijjah)." Then some companions of the Prophet said, "Not even Jihad?" He replied, "Not even Jihad, except that of a man who does it by putting himself and his property in danger (for Allah's sake) and does not return with any of those things."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

Tamara
11-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “Ask yourself for a decision, ask your heart for a decision (saying it three times.) Righteousness is that with which the soul is tranquil and the heart is tranquil, but sin is that which rouses suspicion in the soul and is perplexing in the breast, even if people give you a decision in its favour.” [Mishkat]

Everybody has within them the sense to distinguish right from wrong. And each person will be held accountable for using this sense. It is possible to twist facts and get people to give the decision that you want to hear, but if your heart is not at peace with the decision then know that it is most likely sinful for you to act on it. Unfortunately, if a person sins enough then the heart becomes dead and the ability to feel disquiet dies.

Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “Leave that which causes you doubt for that which does not cause you doubt.” [Tirmidhi]

This hadith is one of the ahadith around which the whole religion revolves: it is the foundation of scrupulousness (wara) around which revolves certainty; and it brings relief from the dark oppressiveness of doubts and speculation.

Talib Jan
11-13-2010, 10:55 PM
(http://www.pashtunforums.com/religion-15/islamic-pashto-audio-books-pashtodars-com-9086/) Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, thus stated: I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near Me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him. [ (http://www.pashtunforums.com/religion-15/islamic-pashto-audio-books-pashtodars-com-9086/)Sahih Muslim, (http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/muslim/035.smt.html)Book 035, Number 6471] (http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/muslim/035.smt.html)

Tamara
11-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Act upon the obedience to Allah and avoid the prohibitions of Allah, and order your children to abide by the commandments of Allah and to avoid the prohibitions of Allah, and by that you protect yourselves and them from the Hellfire.” [Ibn Jurayr]

This hadith holds a couple of important lessons for us:

1. It is the right of children to be brought up in accordance with the guidelines of Islam. It is the duty of parents to protect their children from the Fire of Hell by teaching them Allah’s commands and prohibitions.

2. Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) first commands the parents to act upon the commands of Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). It is a well known fact, that children learn by imitation. What a parent says, carries a lot less weight, than what a parent does. Children automatically do what their parents do, but not necessarily what they say.

abubaker
11-15-2010, 11:31 AM
. Aisha - may Allah be pleased with her - reports that prophet Mohammad - peace be upon him - said: "There is no day in which Allah sets free more souls from the fire of hell than on the day of Arafah. And on that day Allah draws near to the earth and by way of exhibiting His Pride remarks to the angels, 'What is the desire of these (servants of mine)?" (Muslim)

*Mahzala*
11-15-2010, 03:18 PM
He ('Umar) said: What is the position of him who observes fast for a day and breaks on the other day? Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: That is the fast of David (peace be upon him). He ('Umar) said: What about him who observes fast one day and breaks it for two days. Thereupon he (the Messenger of Allah) said: I wish, I were given strength to observe that. Thereafter he said: The observance of three days' fast every Month and that of Ramadan every year is a perpetual fasting. I seek from Allah that fasting on the day of 'Arafa may atone for the sins of the preceding and the coming years. and I seek from Allah that fasting on the day of Ashura may atone for the sins of the preceding year.

Book 043, Number 7153: Tariq b. Shihab reported that a Jew said to 'Umar: You recite a verse which, if it had been revealed in relation to us, we would have taken that day as the day of rejoicing. Thereupon 'Umar said: I know where it was revealed and on the day when it was revealed and where Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had been at that time when it was revealed. It was revealed on the day of 'Arafa (ninth of Dhu'l Hijjah) and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had been staying in 'Arafat. Sufyan said: I doubt, whether it was Friday or not (and the verse referred to) is this:" Today I have perfected your religion for you and completed My favors upon you."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

Tamara
11-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: It is enough sin for a person, that he ignores those whom he is responsible for. [Abu Daud]

Is it sufficient for a man to provide for his own food, clothing, relaxation, intellectual needs and spiritual needs? Can he neglect the same needs of his wife or children? No! A man will be held accountable for taking care of his dependents. Allah (subhana wa taala) has declared the leader of the Muslims as responsible for each and every one of them, a husband/father as responsible for his family, and a woman as responsible for her children. [Bukhari]

Tamara
11-17-2010, 09:38 AM
"Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) passed by a heap of food. As he put his hand inside it, his fingers got wet. So he said to the vendor: ‘What is this?’ He replied: ‘It was dampened by the rain O Messenger of Allah.’ He (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: ‘Why don’t you put it on top so that people can see it? He who cheats us is not one of us.’” [Muslim]

In order for justice to prevail in society, it is necessary that people are reminded of their moral obligations. The best police is a person's own conscience; the person's awareness of the final accountability before Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). When a community loses its God consciousness, then no quantity of police, courts and prisons are sufficient to keep it free of crime.

While taqwa (Allah consciousness) must be cultivated to keep society healthy, law enforcers are nevertheless needed. There will always be some recalcitrant, unscrupulous elements that will only respond to force. The second khalifah, Umar ibn al-Khattab, had appointed market inspectors in Madina to enforce honesty in transactions. Among them were two women, Ash-Shifa bint Abd-Allah and Samra bint Nahik al-Asadiyah. Samra used to bid people to do good and refrain from evil and whipped whoever she found being dishonest.

Tamara
11-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Whoever acts to be heard and seen, God will cause his falsity to be heard and seen.” [Bukhari, Muslim]

If B works for C but then comes to you demanding payment, wouldn't you say, "Go and ask C for your wages, it is not me that you worked for!" When you do good deeds, you either do it for Allah (subhana wa ta'ala), or for other than Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). This "other than Allah" could be people's appreciation, fame, money, power, or anything else.

In order for any action of yours to be worthy of reward in the Hereafter, it must have been done sincerely for Allah (subhana wa ta'ala), and for Allah alone. The reward/hasanaat for the deed will be decreased in proportion to the extent that other motives enter into the intention behind the good deed. Furthermore, Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) tells us in this hadith, that He will make known to the people the real reason that you are doing good deeds.

Abu Umar explained ikhlas (sincerely doing something only for Allah) in this way: “It is present when one wishes to be praised for something only by God.”

According to Dhul-Nun, one of the ulema explained the possession of ikhlas in this manner: “Whenever a man does something sincerely for God, he feels a longing to be in a cave where he will not be recognized.” This is because if only Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) knows what you did for Him, your reward will not be diminished by others' praise and your taking pride in what you have done. Always ask Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) to purify your intentions and not let your sins and shortcomings take away from your good deeds.

Tamara
11-21-2010, 03:02 AM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “There are indeed people who boast of their dead ancestors, but in the sight of Allah they are more contemptible than the black beetle that rolls a piece of dung with its nose. Behold, Allah has removed from you the arrogance of the time of jahiliyya (ignorance) with its boast of ancestral glories. Man is but an Allah-fearing believer or an unfortunate sinner. All people are the children of Adam, and Adam was created out of dust.” [Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud]

Nobody has any control over which family they are born into. Therefore, a person has no right to boast about that which they had no role in. Nor do the good or bad deeds of our ancestors have any bearing on our status with Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). Muslims are therefore told to shun these wrong criteria of status. What gives a person status with Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) is righteousness.

abubaker
11-25-2010, 07:03 PM
3htaHOSZ7YE

Tamara
11-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “Do not attain learning in order to express pride before the ulema (scholars), nor by its help quarrel with foolish people, nor through it try to overwhelm meetings, but he who does so, his destination is fire.” [Ibn Majah]

The purpose of seeking knowledge of the Deen is to be in a better position to seek Allah's pleasure. All Muslims are required to obtain that knowledge by which they may enter Jannah and escape the Fire. Ignorance is not bliss, for we will be held accountable for that which we could have found out. If we acquire this knowledge to seek worldly gain then it will be rejected by Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). Knowledge that is gained so that we may show it off and appear knowledgeable is a source of destruction.

Tamara
11-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “When Allah created Paradise, He said to Jibreel: ‘Go and look at it.’ Jibreel went and looked at it, then came and said: ‘O my Lord! By Thy might, no one who hears of it will fail to enter it.’
Allah then surrounded it with disagreeable things, and said: ‘Go and look at it, Jibreel.’ He went and looked at it, then came and said: ‘O my Lord! By Thy might, I am afraid that no one will enter it.’

When Allah created Hell, He said: ‘Go and look at it, Jibreel.’ Jibreel went and looked at it, then came and said: ‘O my Lord! By Thy might, no one who hears of it will enter it. ‘

Allah then surrounded it with desirable things and said: ‘Go and look at it, Jibreel.’ Jibreel went, looked at it, then came and said: ‘O my Lord! By Thy might and power, I am afraid that no one will remain who does not enter it.’ [Abu Daud]

Hellfire is surrounded by tempting things and sin appears attractive to us. On the other hand, Jannat is surrounded by difficult things such as sharing wealth, exercising self control and sacrifice. In school, for instance, we do not consider it fair to give the student who worked hard and did well the same grade as one who did not bother with his or her studies and failed. Similarly, Allah’s justice does not allow the compensation of the doer of evil and the doer of good to be the same either. It would not be fair for human beings to be given eternal life and eternal happiness without our having at least attempted to earn it.

Cookiemonster
11-27-2010, 12:41 AM
992. An-Nawwas bin Sam`an (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying,

"The Qur'an and its people who applied it, will be brought on the Day of Resurrection preceded with Surat Al-Baqarah and Surat Al-`Imran arguing on behalf of those who applied them. thank you for this wonderful post

Purple
11-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Great Post ;) But Need Less Hard Vocabulary ;)

*Mahzala*
11-28-2010, 11:27 PM
'Amr b Sa'id b al-As reported: I was, with Uthman that he called for ablution water and said: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say: When the time for a prescribed prayer comes, if any Muslim perform ablution well and offers his prayer with humility and bowing, it will be an expiation for his past sins, so long as he has not committed a major sin; and this applies to for all times.

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

*Mahzala*
12-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Abu Qatada reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The good vision are from Allah and the evil dreams are from the satan. If one sees a dream which one does not like, one should spit on one's left side and seek the refuge of Allah from the satan; it will not do one any harm, and one should not disclose it to anyone and if one sees a good vision one should feel pleased but should not disclose it to anyone but whom one loves.

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

Tamara
12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “If any Muslim clothes a Muslim when he is naked, Allah will clothe him with some green garments of Paradise; if any Muslim feeds a Muslim when he is hungry, Allah will feed him with some of the fruits of Paradise; and if any Muslim gives a Muslim drink when he is thirsty, Allah will give him some of the pure wine which is sealed to drink.” [Abu Daud]

Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) has made some things easy for us to acquire, that we otherwise would not have known how to obtain. Had Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) not told us, we would not even have known of Paradise let alone the garments therein. Not only has he informed us of their existence but made it possible for each one of us to easily get some.

Are we getting as excited about it as we do about a clearance sale at our favourite clothes’ store? If not, then there is something wrong with our eeman. Hazrat Ali (radi Allahu anhu) said that if he were to see Paradise with his own eyes he would not long for it more than he already longs for it. Nor would he by seeing Jahannum with his own eyes fear it more than he already does. This shows us the level of belief the Sahabah had in the words of Allah (subhana wa ta’ala).

*Mahzala*
12-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Narrated by Abu Bakra:

The Prophet said. "The division of time has turned to its original form which was current when Allah created the Heavens and the Earths. The year is of twelve months, out of which four months are sacred: Three are in succession Dhul-Qa' da, Dhul-Hijja and Muharram, and (the fourth is) Rajab of (the tribe of) Mudar which comes between Jumadi-ath-Thaniyah and Sha ban."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

Cookiemonster
12-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: If any Muslim clothes a Muslim when he is naked, Allah will clothe him with some green garments of Paradise; if any Muslim feeds a Muslim when he is hungry, Allah will feed him with some of the fruits of Paradise; and if any Muslim gives a Muslim drink when he is thirsty, Allah will give him some of the pure wine which is sealed to drink. [Abu Daud]
Allah (subhana wa taala) has made some things easy for us to acquire, that we otherwise would not have known how to obtain. Had Allah (subhana wa taala) not told us, we would not even have known of Paradise let alone the garments therein. Not only has he informed us of their existence but made it possible for each one of us to easily get some.

Are we getting as excited about it as we do about a clearance sale at our favourite clothes store? If not, then there is something wrong with our eeman. Hazrat Ali (radi Allahu anhu) said that if he were to see Paradise with his own eyes he would not long for it more than he already longs for it. Nor would he by seeing Jahannum with his own eyes fear it more than he already does. This shows us the level of belief the Sahabah had in the words of Allah (subhana wa taala).- SAid BY TAMERA :d I WAS oo far back and i reallyyyy lOVED IT

Talib Jan
01-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Narrated Muawiya bin Suwald:
I heard Al-Bara' bin 'Azib saying, "The Prophet orders us to do seven things and prohibited us from doing seven other things." Then Al-Bara' mentioned the following: (1) To pay a visit to the sick (inquiring about his health),
(2) to follow funeral processions,
(3) to say to a sneezer, "May Allah be merciful to you"-(YarhamukAllah) (if he says, "Praise be to Allah!"- Alhamdullilah),
(4) to return greetings,
(5) to help the oppressed,
(6) to accept invitations,
(7) to help others to fulfill their oaths. (See Hadith No. 753, Vol. 7)
[Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 43, Number 625]

Alchemist
01-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Saying Bismillah when eating and drinking

It was narrated that 'Umar ibn Abi Salamah (RA) said: The Messenger of Allah (Peace and Blessing upon Him) said:
"Say Bismillah and eat with your right hand." Fath Al-Bari, 7/88. Muslim, 3/1599, no. 108.

It was narrated that Jabir (RA) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (Peace and Blessing upon Him) say:
"When a man enters his house and remembers Allah upon entering and when eating, the Shaytan says: 'You have no place to stay and no dinner.' If he enters and does not remember Allah upon entering, the Shaytan says: 'You have found a place to stay.' And if he does not remember Allah when eating, he says: 'You have found a place to stay and dinner.'" Sahih Muslim, 3/1598, no. 103.

It was narrated that Hudhayfah (RA) said: When we ate with the Prophet (Peace and Blessing upon Him), we would not stretch forth our hands until the Messenger of Allah (Peace and Blessing upon Him) stretched forth his hand first. We were going to eat with him one time, when a young girl came rushing as if she were being pushed. She went to stretch forth her hand to the food, but the Messenger of Allah (Peace and Blessing upon Him) took hold of her hand. Then a Bedouin came rushing as if he were being pushed, and he took hold of his hand. Then the Messenger of Allah (Peace and Blessing upon Him) said:
"The Shaytan regards food as permissible (for himself) if the Name of Allah is not mentioned over it. He brought this girl so that the food might become permissible for him through her, but I took her hand. Then he brought this Bedouin so that the food might become permissible for him through him, but I took his hand. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, his hand is in mine along with her hand." Sahih Muslim, Kitab Al-Ashribah, 3/1597, no. 102.
Then he mentioned the Name of Allah and began to eat.

It was narrated that the Sahabi Umayyah ibn Makhshi (RA) said: The Messenger of Allah (Peace and Blessing upon Him) was sitting and a man was eating who did not mention the Name of Allah until there was only one morsel left of his food. When he raised it to his mouth, he said: "In the Name of Allah at the beginning and at the end of it." The Prophet laughed and said: The Shaytan kept eating along with him, but when he mentioned the Name of Allah, he (the Shaytan) vomited what was in his belly." Sunan Abu Dawud, 3/140, no. 3768; Al-Nasa'i, 'Ami Al-Yawm Wa’l-Laylah, p. 102, no. 283.

unknownprince
01-10-2011, 06:34 PM
When say BismillAllah before I eat, I notice that I eat less.
When I forget to say it, I eat more.

Tormushki
02-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Abu Darda http://www.islamicacademy.org/images/anhu.gif narrated that Rasool Allah http://www.islamicacademy.org/images/Salam.gif said, Should I not tell you of such a thinga which are the best and purest deeds in the court of your Lord, high in ranks (darajat), better for you then spending gold and silver (http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/Articles/Anwar-ul-Hadees/English/Zikr_E_Allah.htm#) (in Allahs path), and better than slaying the neck of the enemy during war? The Sahaba said, Yes, Oh Rasool Allah! http://www.islamicacademy.org/images/Salam.gif . He http://www.islamicacademy.org/images/Salam.gif said, It is Zikr of Allah. (Tirmizi)

Tormushki
02-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Abu Huraira http://www.islamicacademy.org/images/anhu.gif narrated that Rasool Allah http://www.islamicacademy.org/images/Salam.gif said, Any gathering in which people sit and do not do Zikr of Allah and do not send Durood upon their Prophet is of loss for them. If Allah wills, give them azab (punishment) and if wills, forgive them.

Tormushki
02-04-2011, 08:16 PM
"if a person recite surah ikhlaas (Kul huwallahu ahad...) 10 times in a day then Allah build a palace for him in the Heaven.(Subhaan Allah)"

Gulalai
02-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) thus told him: When a non-believer does good he is made to taste Its reward in this world. And so far as the believer is concerned, Allah stores (the reward) of his virtues for the Hereafter and provides him sustenance in accordance with his obedience to Him. (Muslim Book 39 No. 6740)

Gulalai
02-06-2011, 12:01 PM
'Abdur Rahman bin Abi Bakra: Abu Bakra wrote to his son who was in Sijistan: 'Do not judge between two persons when you are angry, for I heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) saying, "A judge should not judge between two persons while he is in an angry mood." [Bukhari Book 9 Volume 89 Hadith 272]

Gulalai
02-06-2011, 12:02 PM
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: ''If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it five times a day, would you notice any dirt on him?'', They said, ''Not a trace of dirt would be left. ''The Prophet said: ''That is the example of the five prayers with which Allah blots out evil deeds.'' (Bukhari and Muslim)

Gulalai
02-07-2011, 06:43 PM
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Nothing keeps away the decree (of Allah) except prayer, and nothing increases the life (of man) except goodness; and man is only denied the provisions (of life) because of sins upon which he falls." [Ibn Majah]

Pakhtunzai
02-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Mashallah, thanks for keeping this up khor:).

I'd better start posting these again inshallah.

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 620:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The reward of the prayer offered by a person in congregation is twenty five times greater than that of the prayer offered in one's house or in the market (alone). And this is because if he performs ablution and does it perfectly and then proceeds to the mosque with the sole intention of praying, then for every step he takes towards the mosque, he is upgraded one degree in reward and his one sin is taken off (crossed out) from his accounts (of deeds). When he offers his prayer, the angels keep on asking Allah's Blessings and Allah's forgiveness for him as long as he is (staying) at his Musalla. They say, 'O Allah! Bestow Your blessings upon him, be Merciful and kind to him.' And one is regarded in prayer as long as one is waiting for the prayer."

[Sahih Al Bukhari]

Gulalai
02-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) as saying. Don't nurse malice against one another, don't nurse aversion against one another and don't be inquisitive about one another and don't outbid one another (with a view to raising the price) and be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah. (Muslim Book 32 No. 6216)

Pakhtunzai
02-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Book 040, Number 6878:
Jabir reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Every servant would be raised (in the same very state) in which he dies.

Pakhtunzai
02-10-2011, 06:51 AM
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 18:
Narrated 'Aisha:

(the wife of the Prophet) The Prophet said, "The word 'Ar-Rahm' (womb) derives its name from 'Ar-Rahman' (i.e. Allah). So whosoever keeps good relations with it (womb i.e. Kith and kin), Allah will keep good relations with him, and whosoever will sever it (i.e. severs his bonds of Kith and kin) Allah too will sever His relations with him.

Gulalai
02-10-2011, 06:07 PM
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Let not respect for men prevent any of you from speaking the truth when he knows it." [Sahih Muslim]

Pakhtunzai
02-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Book 032, Number 6227:
Abu Rabi' reported directly from Allah's Apostle (may peace upon him) as saying: The one who visits the sick is in fact like one who is in the fruit garden of Paradise so long as he does not return.

Tormushki
02-11-2011, 08:13 PM
*1. Hazrat Muhammad s.a.w.w.(PBUH) says that "if a person recite " Ayatal Kursi" after every Farz Namaz then there will be nothing between him and
Heaven except Death *"

Tormushki
*2. There is a Hadith that says "La Haula Wala Quuatailla billahil aliyul azeem" is such a great medicine that it cures every disease and the most
minor disease it cures is "Sorrow" (Gham).

Tormushki
*3. Another Hadith says "if a person recite surah ikhlaas (Kul huwallahu ahad...) 10 times in a day then Allah build a palace for him in the Heaven.(Subhaan Allah)"

unknownprince
02-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"Verily, Allah Most High gives rope to the oppressor so that when He seizes him, he does not get away."

Gulalai
02-17-2011, 08:33 PM
We were informed by our Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) that Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) fulfills everybody’s wishes so long as a person does not get impatient and say, ‘I asked Allah for so and so and I still haven’t... received it.’ We are told never to despair of the mercy of Allah (subhan wa ta’ala).

Gulalai
02-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas (R.A) : The Prophet (Sal Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam said: You hear (from me), and others will hear from you; and people will hear from them who heard from you.

Gulalai
02-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Allah has forgiven my followers the evil thoughts that occur to their minds, as long as such thoughts are not put into action or uttered." And Qatada said, "If someone divorces his wife just in his mind, such an unuttered divorce has no effect. [Bukhari, Book 63, Number 194]

Pakhtunzai
02-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Volume 8, Book 75, Number 317o:
Narrated Anas:

that the Prophet said, "For every prophet there is an invocation that surely will be responded by Allah," (or said), "For every prophet there was an invocation with which he appealed to Allah, and his invocation was accepted (in his lifetime), but I kept my (this special) invocation to intercede for my followers on the Day of Resurrection."

[Sahih Al Bukhari]

Gulalai
02-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, "The strong man is not one who is good at wrestling, but the strong man is one who controls himself in a fit of rage.''

Tamara
02-23-2011, 02:10 AM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: It is enough sin for a person, that he ignores those whom he is responsible for. [Abu Daud]

Is it sufficient for a man to provide for his own food, clothing, relaxation, intellectual needs and spiritual needs? Can he neglect the same needs of his wife or children? No! A man will be held accountable for taking care of his dependents. Allah (subhana wa taala) has declared the leader of the Muslims as responsible for each and every one of them, a husband/father as responsible for his family, and a woman as responsible for her children. [Bukhari]

Tamara
02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "The first of those who shall enter Paradise are the people who do acts of kindnesses." [Tibrani]

This story comes to us through the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) that there was once a prostitute in the tribe of the Bani Israil. She passed by a dog going around a well about to die of thirst. So she took off her shoe and, tying it to her head wrap, lowered it into the well to get some water for the dog. Because of this one act of kindness, Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) forgave her her sins.

This shows us not only Allah’s love for humans and how He loves to forgive us, but also His love for all His creatures. Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) told us that we are rewarded for every act of kindness we do to any creature. Every time a bird eats from your fruit tree you are rewarded by Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) for that too.

In today's society though, it seems that kindness is reserved for animals while one's relatives and fellow Muslims are not considered worthy of it. Don't neglect them.

Instead of asking somebody to bring a glass of water for you, bring it for them. This is a kindness. To pay attention to a child's story is a kindness. To give the elderly your time is a kindness. To share a particular skill you have is a kindness. To wash someone else's dishes is a kindness. To make room for somebody is a kindness. There are hundreds of kindnesses to do. Make it your goal for this week to seek out acts of kindness throughout the day, and do them! Every little deed will count on the Day of Judgement.

Gulalai
02-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Sahih Bukhari
Volume 3, Book 47, Number 742: Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "I shall accept the invitation even if I were invited to a meal of a sheep's trotter, and I shall accept the gift even if it were an arm or a trotter of a sheep."

Gulalai
02-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Sahih Bukhari,
Volume:1 Book :2 Number :49,

Narrated An-Nu'man bin Bashir:I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from these suspicious things saves his religion and his honor. And whoever indulges in these suspicious things is like a shepherd who grazes (his animals) near the Hima (private pasture) of someone else and at any moment he is liable to get in it. (O people!) Beware! Every king has a Hima and the Hima of Allah on the earth is His illegal (forbidden) things. Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt and that is the heart.

Tamara
02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “None of you is truly a believer until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.” [Muslim]

If you get two similar things, one for yourself and one to give as a gift, which one do you keep? You have passed the test of eeman (faith) if you give the better one away. If you give the inferior one away then you need to cultivate your eeman. Strangely, if you behave as though you had eeman, i.e. give the better one away for the pleasure of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala), even though you don’t feel like it, then eeman will automatically develop in you. Eeman and behaviour are mutually reinforcing.
Once Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) had two miswaks (natural toothbrush). One was crooked and the other was straight. Since Allah’s Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) was of the finest character, he truly wanted everyone else to have the best. So he gave the straight miswak to his fellow Sahabah and kept the crooked one for himself.

Is this what you practice in your transactions or do you wish that no one had a car, house, children, education, job or clothes better than yours? Does the good fortune of others make you happy or unhappy? The sign of a true Muslim is that they are happy at the good fortune of others and sad at the misfortune of others.*

Gulalai
02-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Sahih Bukhari
Volume 8, Book 74, Number 248: Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
The Prophet said, 'Beware! Avoid sitting on the roads." They (the people) said, "O Allah s Apostle! We can't help sitting (on the roads) as these are (our places) here we have talks." The Prophet said, ' l f you refuse but to sit, then pay the road its right ' They said, "What is the right of the road, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, 'Lowering your gaze, refraining from harming others, returning greeting, and enjoining what is good, and forbidding what is evil."

Tamara
02-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Mention Allah's Name (i.e., say 'Bismillah' before starting to eat), eat with your right hand, and eat from what is near you.” [Bukhari]

For every act that a Muslim does, there is a chance for him to earn some reward for it from Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). These rewards and blessings can be attained only by those keen to follow the guidance and example of Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam), thereby seeking nothing but the pleasure of their Creator. The entire life of such a person can become an act of worship. Even eating and drinking upon which all living things depend, can become acts of worship. Thus, by acquainting ourselves with the Sunnah of eating and drinking, we can turn this mundane exercise into a source of hasanaat (reward) for the Akhirah and blessing for this world.

There are three things we are told in this hadith:

1. We should start eating or drinking by saying 'Bismillah'. Once a bedouin came and ate the food available in two mouthfuls. Allah’s Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said that had he said 'Bismillah' before eating, the food would have been sufficient for six people. Taking the name of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) before starting to eat puts blessing in the food.

2. We should use our right hand for eating and drinking. The left hand is used to clean ourselves with in the bathroom.

3. We should eat from our side of the dish, without stretching our hand to the side where someone else is eating from. This is the case when more than one person is eating the same kind of food from a single dish. But in case a variety of foods or fruits are lying before us on the table, we are free to take our pick.

Tamara
02-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Jabir (radi Allahu anhu) reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) saying, "If a person mentions the Name of Allah upon entering his house or eating, Shaytaan says addressing his followers: 'You will find nowhere to spend the night and no dinner.' But if he enters without mentioning the Name of Allah, Shaytaan says (to his followers); 'You have found (a place) to spend the night in.' And if the person does not mention the Name of Allah at the time of eating, Shaytaan says: 'You have found (a place) to spend the night in as well as food.'" [Muslim]

What might happen if an evil person entered your house? He might steal, plant false evidence, anger relatives against each other, cause fights, hurt people, make people abuse their time on sinful activities... Shaytaan is the most evil entity. If you allow him and his followers to enter your house with you, don't be surprised if the harmony of family life goes missing. To prevent this from happening, the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) told us to recite the following dua when entering our house:

Allahumma inni as'aluka khairal-mawliji wa khairal-makhraji. Bismillahi wa lajna, wa bismillahi kharajna, wa `ala rabbina tawakkalna. (O Allah! I ask you for what is good of entrance and what is good for exit. With the Name of Allah do we enter, and with the Name of Allah do we leave, and upon our Lord Allah have we put our trust).

If one doesn't know or remember the dua, one should at least say 'Bismillah'. By taking Allah's name we seek His protection. We should say 'Bismillah' when starting any activity.

Pakhtunzai
03-02-2011, 03:39 AM
Volume 8, Book 76, Number 486:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said Allah will give shade to seven (types of people) under His Shade (on the Day of Resurrection). (one of them will be) a person who remembers Allah and his eyes are then flooded with tears.

*Mahzala*
03-03-2011, 11:44 PM
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him: A believer should never loathe a believing wife. If one quality of hers does not find favour with her husband, some other qualities of hers will be to his liking. (Sahih Muslim)

Talib Jan
03-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (ra):

The Prophet (saw) passed by a man who was admonishing his brother regarding Haya and was saying, "You are very shy, and I am afraid that might harm you." On that, Allah's Apostle said, "Leave him, for Haya is (a part) of Faith."
[Sahih Al Bukhari (http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/073.sbt.html)]

Gulalai
03-07-2011, 11:21 PM
On the authority of Tamim Al-Dari that the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said:
“Religion is nasihah.” We said: “To whom?” The Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said: “To Allah and His Book, and His messenger, and to the leaders of the Muslims and their common folk.” [Muslim]

Background
The word “nasihah” cannot be accurately translated to English because it is a broad concept which cannot be traced in the English language. Some use the term “sincerity” but this is only part of the concept – to negate deception/cheating. According to Imam Ibnu al-Salah, nasihah is “truly seeking the best, in terms of intention and action, for the one whom he is making nasihah to”.
This hadith is a profound statement as Sheikh Jamaal al-Din Zarabozo says that in this one brief statement the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, described the essence of Islam. Nasihah hence forms the bulk and the most important pillar of Islam since it encompasses Islam, Iman and Ihsan.

More on this Hadith:
Best Hadith Ever! | Islam-Muslims.Com (http://www.islam-muslims.com/about-islam/best-hadith-ever/)

*Mahzala*
03-09-2011, 05:02 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Allah says, 'I have nothing to give but Paradise as a reward to my believer slave, who, if I cause his dear friend (or relative) to die, remains patient (and hopes for Allah's Reward)."

(Sahih Al Bukhaari)

*Mahzala*
03-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Narrated by Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him who said: The Prophet said: "The Hour (Last Day) will not be established until (religious) knowledge will be taken away (by the death of religious learned men), earthquakes will be very frequent, time will pass quickly, afflictions will appear, murders will increase and money will overflow amongst you."

Sahih Al Bukhaari (See Hadith No. 85 Vol 1).

Gulalai
03-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “You cannot be a true Muslim until you are kind among yourselves. Kindness is not this that you sympathize with your companion, but kindness is this that you think all men deserving of it.” [Tibrani]

*Mahzala*
03-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Hasan al-Basri narrated that Allahs Messenger salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: He whom death overtakes while he is engaged in acquiring knowledge with a view to reviving Islam with the help of it, there will be (only) one degree between him and the Prophets in Paradise.

(Tirmidhi)

Gulalai
03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “When a person tells a lie, the bad smell that comes out of the lie keeps the angels one mile away.” [Tirmidhi]

~Gangster~
03-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Abu Hurairah reported Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) as saying: "Charity does not in any way decrease the wealth and the servant who forgives, Allah adds to his respect; and the one who shows humility, Allah elevates him in the estimation (of the people)" (Muslim Vol. 4, Hadith 6264)

*Mahzala*
04-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "When it is a Friday, the angels stand at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for Jumua prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the Khutba."

(Sahih Bukhaari)

Gulalai
04-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Narrated by Ibn Abbas: The Prophet used to say at the time of difficulty, ‘La ilaha il-lallah Al-’Alimul-Halim. La-ilaha il-lallah Rabul- Arsh-al-Azim, La ilaha-il-lallah Rabus-Samawati Rab-ul-Ard; wa Rab-ul-Arsh Al-Karim.’ [Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 523]

Gulalai
04-08-2011, 12:38 PM
The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever allows the world to become his biggest concern has nothing to do with Allah, and Allah will instill four qualities into his heart: anxiety which will never leave him, business which he will never be free from, poverty which he will never rid himself of, and hope which he will never fulfill." (Tabarani)

king-zazai
04-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allahs Messenger said, When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, My Mercy overpowers My Anger.

[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 416]

Gulalai
04-16-2011, 10:43 PM
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “Do you know who will go first on the Day of Resurrection to the shade of God…Those who when given what is right accept it, when asked for something give freely and who judge in favor of others as they do for themselves.”
Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1042

--

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “On the Day of Resurrection I will intercede and say, ‘O my Lord! Admit into Paradise (even) those who have faith equal to a mustard seed in their hearts.’ ”
Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Hadith 600

Gulalai
04-16-2011, 10:45 PM
A funeral procession once passed in front of the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) and he stood up out of respect. When he was told the person in the coffin was Jewish and not Muslim, he said: “Was it not a living (soul)?”
——— Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 399

king-zazai
04-17-2011, 06:55 PM
If he says, All praise and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of existence, Allah says, My servant has praised Me.

When the servant says, The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. Allah says, My servant has glorified Me.

When he says, Master of the Day of Judgment.
Allah says, My servant has glorified Me.

When he says, You (alone) we worship, and You (alone) we ask for help.,
Allah says, This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he sought.

When he says, Guide us to the straight path. The way of those on whom You have granted Your grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your anger, nor of those who went astray, Allah says, This is for My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he asked for.[14]

king-zazai
04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge allah will make a path to paradise easy for hum (Bukhari)

king-zazai
04-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: Once the Prophet remained behind us in a journey. He joined us while we were performing ablution for the prayer which was over-due. We were just passing wet hands over our feet (and not washing them properly) so the Prophet addressed us in a loud voice and said twice or thrice: "Save your heels from the fire."

Alchemist
04-19-2011, 07:38 PM
^ his voice still echoes across the land and seas whenever I do wudu and feel tempted to just run water over my feet.

“There will come a time upon my Ummah (nation) when:
Their rulers will be cruel; their scholars will be greedy and lack piety; their worshippers will be hypocrites; their merchants will indulge in usury and conceal the defects of their transactions; and their women will be busy with the ornaments of the world.
Hence, at this time, the most vicious of them will dominate over them; and their good doers will invoke (pray) but they will not be answered”. (Bihar al-Anwaar)

There will come a time upon people (Muslims) when: They will not respect their scholars except for their good clothing; they will not listen to the Holy Quran except for the pleasant voice; and they will not worship Allah except during the month of Ramadan.
There will be no modesty (sense of shame) in their women; no patience in their poor people; and no generosity in their rich people.
They will not be contented with little; nor satiated with abundance; they will strive (only) for their stomach; their religion will be their dirhams (money); their women will become direction of their worship; their homes will become their mosques; and they will run away from their scholars just as lambs run away from wolves.
When all these happen, Allah will afflict them with three conditions:
Blessings will be lifted from their wealth; they will be dominated by cruel leaders; and they will leave the world (die) without Imaan (faith & belief)”. (Waqa-iyul Ayyaam)

sadaqa rasulullah

kakargirl
04-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Narated by Abu Huraira (ra)Two are the types of the denizens of hell whom i did not see, people having flogs like the tails of ox with them and they would be beating people, and the women who would be dressed but appear naked, who would be inclined(to evil) and make their husbands incline towards it.They will not enter paradise and they would not smell its odours whereas its odour would be smelt from such and such distant ''.sahi bukhari

Afghania
04-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Ma sha Allah
JazakAllahu khairan

Gulalai
04-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 67, Number 424:
Narrated Ibn ‘Umar:The Prophet cursed the one who did Muthla to an animal (i e., cut its limbs or some other part of its body while it is still alive).

Gulalai
04-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Sahih Muslim Book 032, Number 6214:
Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the gravest lie in talk and do not be inquisitive about one another and do not spy upon one another and do not feel envy with the other, and nurse no malice, and nurse no aversion and hostility against one another. And be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.

king-zazai
04-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Tirmidhi reported with a hasan isnaad from abu hurayrah that the prophet(saw) said: I was shown the first three to enter paradise: The shaheed(martyr), the one who is chaste and dignity conscious, and the slave who worships Allah with devotion and is faithful and sincere towards his master

king-zazai
04-28-2011, 06:17 PM
hadith imam Ahmad recorded in which abdullah ibn massud(ra) said that the messenger of Allah said: Beware of the belittled sins because they gather on a person until they destroy him

he then said that the messenger of Allah gave them an example. This is the example of people who set up camp on a flat land, and then their servants came. One of them collected some wood and another man collected some wood until they collected a great deal. They then started a fire and cooked what they put on it

Gulalai
05-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 38:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, “Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights.”

Gulalai
05-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Hadith - Bukhari 2:468, Narrated Samura bin Jundabhttp://muttaqun.com/graphics/ranhu.gif

Whenever the Prophet (PBUH) finished the (morning) prayer, he would face us and ask, "Who amongst you had a dream last night?" So if anyone had seen a dream he would narrate it. The Prophet (PBUH) would say: "Masha'a-llah"