View Full Version : Opression of Pashtuns and negligence of Pashto language in Afghanistan

شمله ور خراساني
05-08-2010, 08:20 AM
As Salaamu aleikoum,

I would like you all to add your experiences and stories of oppression of Pashtuns in Afghanistan.

Please post relevant articles and book references where this subject is discussed.

BLS_1919v2.0
05-08-2010, 04:19 PM
As Salaamu aleikoum,

I would like you all to add your experiences and stories of oppression of Pashtuns in Afghanistan.

Please post relevant articles and book references where this subject is discussed.

As far as I know the real problems are up north, where shumaliyaan are taking revenge for the 90s and driving the ghiljais off their lands. In terms of language, I think it is mostly our fault. Our disunity on both sides prevents us from fully serving language the right way (the wrong way being those ttapossaan of Avt Khyber).

tor_khan
05-08-2010, 04:41 PM
As far as I know the real problems are up north, where shumaliyaan are taking revenge for the 90s and driving the ghiljais off their lands. In terms of language, I think it is mostly our fault. Our disunity on both sides prevents us from fully serving language the right way (the wrong way being those ttapossaan of Avt Khyber).

I was very excited when I first got AVT Khyber. I went off it very quickly. And you know, it's probably truer to say that the standard of Pashto is much better on PTV Peshawar transmissions - they present a lot of classical Pashto art and culture.

I switched satellite systems and lost AVT. I don't miss it, although it would be nice to have as much access to Pashto language media as possible. It turns out that AVT is actually owned by a Panjabee and it does have a very pro-establishment agenda.

Shamshad TV is way better. It's pro-Pashtoon, and that's all I need.

شمله ور خراساني
05-08-2010, 06:51 PM
And exactly what happened in the 90's up in north that they are taking revenge for?

Don't tell me you read in Ahmed Rashid's books some stuff!

BLS_1919v2.0
05-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Sangara I am taking this info from the several human rights reports that discussed these things. The 2001 invasion led to many Pashtuns losing land, in fact there was a website where these complaints were recorded.

شمله ور خراساني
05-08-2010, 09:15 PM
^Since Tajiks did the dirty with some Pashtuns.

The Taliban took serious revenge on them. It's an opensecret Sangar wrora.
Thats not true. The only major thing happening in the north, was north of Kabul. In Shamali Valley. There most Northern Alliance people were hiding.

So Taliban burned their villages etc.

But aside from that, most of the stuf they say is lies.

THe Pashtuns up north in KUnduz, Baghlan, Balgh etc never harmed anyone. Neither did the Taliban harm anyone.

The NA people like Dostum etc, they just attacked Pashtuns not because Taliban did the same thing to Uzbek and Tajiks.

BUt because NA were all savages.

Most of the stuff people say about taliban in the north are lies.

I know many northenr people, Taliban never hurt them.

MazloomyarMaseed
05-08-2010, 11:41 PM
^I agree.

The intentions of the Taliban were very positive and pure.

Sangar is posting the truth.

Yeah but also Taliban opposed reconisng the durrand line which is a great punch against Napakistans attempts to divide pashtuns

MazloomyarMaseed
05-09-2010, 07:40 AM
A lot of you guys here don't know a think about Taliban.

hear it from a Kandahary, Taliban rose to power with complete Pashtun support. They are still supported by Pashtuns and they have good intentions but they have had some corrupt sold out leaders as well.

Taliban brought peace to Afghanistan,especially when they knocked out northern alliance. Women felt safe.

the only sad thing about them is, since the leader was a Kandahary he did not want to be a puppet and refused to follow orders from anyone.

we Kandaharis are hardheaded people, we like to rule things our way. Like another member said, the US is hiding the truth, the truth is the general public still supports the Taliban.

the taliban are not devils they had justice systems based on shariah law. They formed the Islamic emirate.

they have accompolishments even the worlds most powerful countries fail to do in Afghanistan.

for the thread.

Pashtuns are not neglected in the south but there is some problems in the north where people are allergic to Pashto. I feel bad for them cause they are minority. But they are our Muslim brothers so we don't retaliate.

but. Since they have sided with the Pashtun enemis, listen to me Sangar when the Americans leave Pashtuns will take some serious revenge from them for siding with enemies. Believe me on this one. It's called badal.

Are you sure your love for Mullah omar isnt because of tribalism because if you didnt know that NA was not entirely Tajik nor Uzbek but had Pashtun units as well, even bigger groups such as Hekmatyar supported NA, so wheres the whole taliban supports pashtun rights scenerio?.

dont get offended iam just curious.

MazloomyarMaseed
05-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Pashtuns negligence is more in Pakistan.

Where they are called very bad names and suffer as a minority.

We are called very bad names on both sides of the border and to be honest pashtuns dont suffer much as a minority in pakistan as they own alot of businesses in the settled ares, but if you want to be frank, then yes those pashtuns from the tribal areas called fata and pata are the ones who truely suffer in Pakistan.