View Full Version : 10 Tips on How to Stay Healthy

Pakhtunzai
05-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Good read wrora! manana=D

Laila
05-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Lately i have been really serious about my health. I have lost 3 lbs and 1% body fat.....my skin feels great, i feel great. I eat better, no junk food.....well very little :P and i work out 4 days a week.....:banana: Ahhhh yes!

Pakhtunzai
05-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Lately i have been really serious about my health. I have lost 3 lbs and 1% body fat.....my skin feels great, i feel great. I eat better, no junk food.....well very little :P and i work out 4 days a week.....:banana: Ahhhh yes!

Ahh well done!:)..im gaining weight now..over past 2 weeks i've had like 25 massive slices of pizza!!..as soon as my exams are over im going militant training lol, solid boxing, football, skipping..i cant wait!!!:celebrate:

Laila
05-09-2010, 03:39 AM
I do a lot of jump roping.....ahhh man its a crazy fat burner, and you get these awesome calves and hamstrings.

OH and yes, i can do pushups....the actual ones :Cool:

Pakhtunzai
05-09-2010, 03:59 AM
I do a lot of jump roping.....ahhh man its a crazy fat burner, and you get these awesome calves and hamstrings.

OH and yes, i can do pushups....the actual ones :Cool:

I can hit around 2000-3000 skips in 30 mins i just absolutely love it, especially for someone my size its really suprising lol..

Pakhtunzai
05-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Jump roping ends up hurting my thigs after a while.....

Thats good, it means its working on your body:) but eventually after a while you get used to it

BLS_1919v2.0
05-09-2010, 03:14 PM
I can hit around 2000-3000 skips in 30 mins i just absolutely love it, especially for someone my size its really suprising lol..

Thats real good bro. For boxing, MMA and muay thai skipping is a great warm up. Here in the MMA/Muay thai club in ontario, its the staple warm up with shadow boxing.

Laila
05-09-2010, 03:44 PM
When you are working out, is it better to drink water or something like Gatorade?

Master Khan
05-09-2010, 05:21 PM
I put on some weight recently.
Really need to lose alot of weight.
Manana for this tips.

Pakhtunzai
05-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Thats real good bro. For boxing, MMA and muay thai skipping is a great warm up. Here in the MMA/Muay thai club in ontario, its the staple warm up with shadow boxing.

Yup wrora..i gained a lot of strength and body resistance when i did this before i got injured, insha allah once im outta injury..il keep you posted with my results..im flippin 97kg again by the way, hoping to hit 80:)

Pakhtunzai
05-09-2010, 05:39 PM
I put on some weight recently.
Really need to lose alot of weight.
Manana for this tips.

Harkala wrora, we should train together sometime insha allah, we both need to lose some lol maybe some sparring since we are in similar weight class?:)

Master Khan
05-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Harkala wrora, we should train together sometime insha allah, we both need to lose some lol maybe some sparring since we are in similar weight class?:)
Wrora I am dangerous and crazy. lol...just kidding.
Well I am 102 KG..

BLS_1919v2.0
05-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Yup wrora..i gained a lot of strength and body resistance when i did this before i got injured, insha allah once im outta injury..il keep you posted with my results..im flippin 97kg again by the way, hoping to hit 80:)

Inshallah bro...that is where I am at, around 77 - 80 kg, and I am 5 9, so for me that is a little over. Inshallah I want to go back to 71 kg ka khair wee.

BLS_1919v2.0
05-10-2010, 03:44 AM
When you are working out, is it better to drink water or something like Gatorade?

Both are fine. I personal like gatorade for muay thai, only because they burn you to death with their drills and padwork lolz

Pakhtunzai
05-10-2010, 04:01 AM
Inshallah bro...that is where I am at, around 77 - 80 kg, and I am 5 9, so for me that is a little over. Inshallah I want to go back to 71 kg ka khair wee.

Oooh insha allah you will get there too bro, when i go canada sometime insha allah we are definatly going to train together:)(i know i've been talking about this for a long time lol) you gotta teach me some tips kha.

Wrora I am dangerous and crazy. lol...just kidding.
Well I am 102 KG..
Hahaha we will see if you are dangerous;) technically you are at an advantage because your more heavier than me..sparring is best way to train because you can burn your fat very fast!

Muslimah
05-24-2010, 08:51 PM
I lost 30 pounds doing the following: <-- yes I was chunky before!

Workout: (and for those modest ladies, this was all done without leaving my home)
Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, Yoga Meltdown and Fat Burning workout DVDs.
Playing Nintendo Wii fit
walking and running anywhere and everywhere
Climbing stairs!!

Sleep:
You must sleep 7-8 hours every night. Don't eat sweets before sleep, and drink a big glass of water as soon as you wake up. The water helps to flush out everything your body digested while you were sleeping, therefore speeding up your metabolism.
A lot of times when you don't sleep long enough (Not enough REM sleep), your body will crave more sugar, and therefore you will eat more sweets and gain weight. And you also need consistent sleep so that your body can healthily digest your food.

Diet:
Big breakfast. You can have carbs. I usually buy frozen fruit from the grocery store and make a smoothy each morning. I put fruit, a scoop of protein, milk, fibre and ice. My students always beg me for some of it! Eggs, bagel, toast, cereal...any of that is good too.

Then you can have your coffee. This will help flush out your food and speed up metabolism. Protein bars or healthy granola bars are good for a snack.

Lunch you need protein - so chicken, fish, turkey...and you can also have some carbs if you're hungry ie. whole wheat bread or pita, or brown/whole grain rice. Add some veggies. I usually have a big soup or make a stir fry.

Snack: any fruit or veggie you want. And a green tea! :) I usually work out around this time, and right after work out the best thing to eat is a banana with a glass of milk. This helps to repair and strengthen all your muscles and keep you strong.

Dinner: Protein again and veggies. Make the biggest, yummiest salad you can imagine and some chicken.

DO NOT EAT LATE. Most people eat dinner around 7-8pm. I am done my eating no later than 6pm. If I get really hungry at night I will eat pickles or celery. They're calorie free and will fill you up.

DRINK WATER WATER WATER WATER WATER. Crystal light will help to down all that water.

If any of you want to lose weight, follow this for 30 days, I guarantee you will be in tip-top shape!

Diet is 80% of weight loss or muscle gain. 10% is exercise, and 10% is sleep.

Laila
05-24-2010, 11:25 PM
^^ Damn woman, props to you for doing that :thumbup:

I am a sucker when it comes to dieting, i never stick to it.